Babayaro

Chaser

Does anyone look at Babayaro and think that he doesnt fit in at Newcastle? I still cant see him as a Newcastle player despite being with us over a year now.

93806[/snapback]

They're appealing his card. The Toon want it extended to at least a 5 game ban. Hopefully the FA will show us sympathy in our cause.

Have we had a single red card this season that wasn't either debatable or just blatant bollocks from the ref, because we have had some shite of them.

For this red card you could argue he didn't even foul him so its nothign, or if you think he did foul him there was a toon player back defending and the villa striker was going away from goal, so its a yellow at best. But then, Riley is a complete twat and a red card against us was to be expected.

I watched it on motd and it did look like a foul but Baros certainly made the most out of it. Thank god the little cheat buggered the pen up though.

Whilst Babayaro gets alot of stick, who else do we have who can play at LB? ;)

Should've tried for Bridge on loan... :razz:

I thought it was a foul and a red and in real time, it looked an absolute dead cert pen.

93993[/snapback]

Baros made a 3 course meal out of it but it was a foul, although I think the red was harsh.

I've noticed Babayaro has a wierd tackling style that either works perfectly or fouls/fucks up spectacularly. Don't think I've ever seen a defender tackle like he does.

I thought it was a foul and a red and in real time, it looked an absolute dead cert pen.

93993[/snapback]

Baros made a 3 course meal out of it but it was a foul, although I think the red was harsh.

I've noticed Babayaro has a wierd tackling style that either works perfectly or fouls/fucks up spectacularly. Don't think I've ever seen a defender tackle like he does.

93996[/snapback]

It was a clear goalscoring opportunity though, in any case it was Boumsong's fault ;)

93993[/snapback]

93996[/snapback]

It was a clear goalscoring opportunity though, in any case it was Boumsong's fault ;)

94003[/snapback]

Red was harsh, there were defenders back, plus Baros was going away from goal and was so confident that he'd score that he flung himself on the floor the minute Babayaro came anywhere near him.

Boumsongs 'tackle' was the kind that Babayaro makes, strange body shapes and nowhere near the ball.

I watched it on motd and it did look like a foul but Baros certainly made the most out of it. Thank god the little cheat buggered the pen up though.

Whilst Babayaro gets alot of stick, who else do we have who can play at LB?  ;)

93884[/snapback]

Could play Robbie Elliott there... more reliable defensively, but we'll not get started on his pace.

Whilst Babayaro gets alot of stick, who else do we have who can play at LB?  ;)

93884[/snapback]

Could play Robbie Elliott there... more reliable defensively, but we'll not get started on his pace.

94099[/snapback]

Robbie had a blinder when he came on on Saturday to be fair. He's finished though :rolleyes:

Edited by alex

Does anyone look at Babayaro and think that he doesnt fit in at Newcastle? I still cant see him as a Newcastle player despite being with us over a year now.

93806[/snapback]

Your right, he doesnt fit in at all. To be honest I dont even think hes a good defender. We need to get rid of him, Boumsong and Bramble a.s.a.p. As for Boumsong he is the worst defender the premiership has ever produced!

I actually think he's done a pretty sound job for us this season. Some of the stick he gets is ridiculously over the top. What more do you want from a 1 million quid left-back?

94505[/snapback]

... who allegedly gets paid 50k a week. ;)

Guest CrimsonFault
I actually think he's done a pretty sound job for us this season. Some of the stick he gets is ridiculously over the top. What more do you want from a 1 million quid left-back?

94505[/snapback]

You mustn't have seen his horror show away to Portsmouth this season I take it?

He's no Olivier Bernard, who cost Southampton £400k.

94505[/snapback]

You mustn't have seen his horror show away to Portsmouth this season I take it?

He's no Olivier Bernard, who cost Southampton £400k.

94541[/snapback]

On ~30k a week? Probably a lot more.