FAO Meenzer & Isegrim

Optimistic Nut

Do you know much about this Rangnick, and would you think he'd be a good appointment for us?

http://www.sportbild.de/nncs/fussball/2006...2410400003.html

Just from the caption which I assume translates as something like, "Newcastle want Hitzfeld, Rangnick wants Newcastle"

94329[/snapback]

Here's what Bablefish reckon :razz:

Newcastle fans want Ottmar Hitzfeld 14.02.2006 After the dismissal of coach Graeme Souness wish themselves the fans of Newcastle United Ottmar Hitzfeld as successors. The trailers of the club collected already 1400 signatures for the German coach. Newcastle wants Hitzfeld, rank-nods wants Newcastle (imago) After information of the daily paper The Independent is Hitzfeld of one of the Top candidates with United. The 57-Jaehrige is to have however doubts whether a German coach would be accepted by the English fans. Beside Hitzfeld Martin O'Neill and the Frenchman Gérard Houllier the largest chances are granted to take over the coach post with the Tabellen-14. from Newcastle. Also Ralf rank-nod in the discussion brought itself. The former coach of Schalke 04 stayed in the previous week in England and said thereby in a television interview: "it would be a mad task to work as a first German coach in the Prime Minister League." Newcastle United had at the beginning of of February its coach Graeme Souness because of erfolglosigkeit

Ahh.....THAT'S what it was ;)

Edited by Asprilla's foreskin

Yep, Nut you are basically with your translation. Rangnick just said in a TV that it would be great to be the first manager in England but didn't say anything about a certain club.

For the man himself: I'm a big admirer of him and think it wouldn't be the worst decision, but think it is rather unlikely that Fat Fred has ever heard of him. In Jormany Rangnick is known as "the professor" because of his scientific approach to the game. He is forward thinking and likes an attractive 4-4-2, in fact he was very progressive with playing a back four and lead a lower league team (Ulm) from the lower leagues into the Bundesliga. He got sacked at Schalke where he was very popular among the fans because he declared that he wouldn't renew his contract that was running out at the end of the season because of disagreements with the director of football. Originally he wanted to manage the team until the end of the season, but at the last home game before the winter break he got celebrated by the fans and took a lap of honour. The board wasn't too pleased about this and cancelled his contract immidiately.

Thanks for that.

I'm off to create www.rangnickforthetoon.com

So you wouldn't recommend putting any money on him taking over?  ;)

94378[/snapback]

Baros is rather going to win the golden boot this summer...

:razz:

Newcastle United had at the beginning of of February its coach Graeme Souness because of erfolglosigkeit

God I love Babelfish!!

Also had to giggle at his name being translated to "rank-nod".... ;)

Newcastle United had at the beginning of of February its coach Graeme Souness because of erfolglosigkeit

God I love Babelfish!!

Also had to giggle at his name being translated to "rank-nod".... ;)

94441[/snapback]

It's a beautiful thing :razz:

I think my job is safe. ;)

And yeah, exactly what Isegrim said (only less well-informed in my case). I rather like the guy and can see why he'd want to give it a go in England, but I doubt it'd happen with us.