What is new is new

Walliver

Prodigy... can't really think of anyone that had that kind of music before they did.

Radiohead.... maybe... you could tenuously link em to others, but they strike me as pretty original

Gorillaz?...perhaps

Prodigy... can't really think of anyone that had that kind of music before they did.

Radiohead.... maybe... you could tenuously link em to others, but they strike me as pretty original

Gorillaz?...perhaps

94438[/snapback]

Prodigy = ministry, kmfdm, nitzer ebb.

Radiohead = I can't bring myself to answer this because I know I will only disappoint myself.

Gorillaz = pwei, bad and a quite a few others.

Edited by sammynb

Although in the other thread I said Lightning Bolt were a newer Led Zep, that's only because they are the best heavy rock band at the moment. I've heard very little like them.

I'd also like to know where these lot get it from...

Camille

Deerhoof

Antony and the Johnsons

Caribou

Isolee

The Fiery Furnaces

Six Organs of admittance

Although in the other thread I said Lightning Bolt were a newer Led Zep, that's only because they are the best heavy rock band at the moment.  I've heard very little like them.

Camille

Deerhoof

Antony and the Johnsons

Caribou

Isolee

The Fiery Furnaces

Six Organs of admittance

94458[/snapback]

Happy face, what are deerhoof like? They are just about to tour and I was thinking about going and seeing them because I've heard the name but can't place the sound.

The other I've never heard of.

Although in the other thread I said Lightning Bolt were a newer Led Zep, that's only because they are the best heavy rock band at the moment.  I've heard very little like them.

Camille

Deerhoof

Antony and the Johnsons

Caribou

Isolee

The Fiery Furnaces

Six Organs of admittance

94458[/snapback]

Happy face, what are deerhoof like? They are just about to tour and I was thinking about going and seeing them because I've heard the name but can't place the sound.

The other I've never heard of.

94461[/snapback]

Hard to describe (that's why I included them here). I'm listening to it to help, and you've got a lass who sings in a geet childish, cute, girly voice and a bloke who half talks, half sings. It's guitar driven stuff that has the feel of Andrew Bird - light, innocent and childish, something you'd imagine a musically gifted 3 year old would come up with simple but sprawling and textured. It then goes off into really scuzzy, driving, pounding guitar sections.

Sorry about my inability to describe it.

These guys love it

These hate it

EDIT: Dunno what I was on about. Not Andrew Bird, I meant the Boy least Likely To.

Edited by Happy Face

Hard to describe (that's why I included them here).  I'm listening to it to help, and you've got a lass who sings in a geet childish, cute, girly voice and a bloke who half talks, half sings.  It's guitar driven stuff that has the feel of Andrew Bird - light, innocent and childish, something you'd imagine a musically gifted 3 year old would come up with simple but sprawling and textured.  It then goes off into really scuzzy, driving, pounding guitar sections.

These guys love it

These hate it

94467[/snapback]

So their not unlike The Sugarcubes? Or maybe Crunt (real band featuring the singer from Babes in Toyland and her husband from Lubricated Goat (yes another real band)) or maybe even Little Birdy or even Lush???

Hard to describe (that's why I included them here).  I'm listening to it to help, and you've got a lass who sings in a geet childish, cute, girly voice and a bloke who half talks, half sings.  It's guitar driven stuff that has the feel of Andrew Bird - light, innocent and childish, something you'd imagine a musically gifted 3 year old would come up with simple but sprawling and textured.  It then goes off into really scuzzy, driving, pounding guitar sections.

These guys love it

These hate it

94467[/snapback]

So their not unlike The Sugarcubes? Or maybe Crunt (real band featuring the singer from Babes in Toyland and her husband from Lubricated Goat (yes another real band)) or maybe even Little Birdy or even Lush???

94471[/snapback]

I'm afraid the only one of those I've heard of is Sugarcubes, and even then I've only heard of them via Bjork, none of the music. I'll have to try and find some that's not daft pound on amazon.

:lol: Little Birdy.... hahaha... saw them performing live when I was in the audience of some show... we thought they were pissing about at first... or that she was really ill so could hardly sing....

Really hope they didn't show any audience clips during that bit because there was a load of us on the front row giggling uncontrollably, if as silently as possible.

Annywayyysss...... [/reminiscing]