Smoking Ban

Jusoda Kid

I think it will lead to people smoking less and it will make it easier for those who are trying to give up, so it's a good thing. I have the odd tab when I drink but I still think it's a minging habit.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's champion.

Used to smoke 20 a day, now I've cut down to nabbing other peoples on a night out and buying 20 on a match day. When people around you are smoking it's like eating a steak in front of someone starving. I'll find it a lot easier to quit altogether now.

Which is a shame, cos I love tabs.

Wrong.  I did used to go to bed stinking of smoke, but that's because I worked in a nightclub AFTER the bookies and wasn't about to come home and wake myself up by having a shower at 3 or 4am.

When I was a lad, I used to work 27 hours down the pit... ;)

Edited by Bombadil

Wrong.  I did used to go to bed stinking of smoke, but that's because I worked in a nightclub AFTER the bookies and wasn't about to come home and wake myself up by having a shower at 3 or 4am.

When I was a lad, I used to work 27 hours down the pit... ;)

94701[/snapback]

These "medical writers" don't know they're born mate! :razz:

Having lived in California where a no-smoking ban has been passed and works absolutely fine, I don't see how people think that this is "unenforceable".  If someone smokes, they get chucked out.  Simple as that.

94546[/snapback]

Don't you think there's more of smoking culture in Britain though? Especially Working Mens Clubs? I was going to pop down there last night to see the chairs flying through the windows after the vote. ;) The place is a tabbers haven, it seems like everyone in there smokes apart from a small handfull. They recently brought about a rule where they banned smoking at the bar and there was fucking hell on!

Still, it will be nice to sup my pint in there without feeling like I've had a packet of tabs myself. :razz:

By the way Gemmill, how bad was it when you worked in the bookies? Far worse for smoke in there than pubs imo, them were the days I needed two showers after 7 hours of working in smoke!

94571[/snapback]

Presumably he went to bed stinking of smoke, as he showers in the morning.

94574[/snapback]

Back the fuck up - Gemmill showers in the morning so he's clean for the day and that makes HIM a tramp?

Having lived in California where a no-smoking ban has been passed and works absolutely fine, I don't see how people think that this is "unenforceable".  If someone smokes, they get chucked out.  Simple as that.

94546[/snapback]

Don't you think there's more of smoking culture in Britain though? Especially Working Mens Clubs? I was going to pop down there last night to see the chairs flying through the windows after the vote. ;) The place is a tabbers haven, it seems like everyone in there smokes apart from a small handfull. They recently brought about a rule where they banned smoking at the bar and there was fucking hell on!

Still, it will be nice to sup my pint in there without feeling like I've had a packet of tabs myself. :razz:

By the way Gemmill, how bad was it when you worked in the bookies? Far worse for smoke in there than pubs imo, them were the days I needed two showers after 7 hours of working in smoke!

94571[/snapback]

Presumably he went to bed stinking of smoke, as he showers in the morning.

94574[/snapback]

Back the fuck up - Gemmill showers in the morning so he's clean for the day and that makes HIM a tramp?

94707[/snapback]

They just don't get it Luke. Renton and SLP shower the night before and then just get up and go to work. Pooooooh, stinky!

I sometimes shower/bath at night but I always shower in the morning. Fuck the planet tbh

94723[/snapback]

This morning I went to the gym before work (honest!) and showered before I left the house the gym and then after before coming to work. Soopashowerfan tbh.

I sometimes shower/bath at night but I always shower in the morning. Fuck the planet tbh

94723[/snapback]

This morning I went to the gym before work (honest!) and showered before I left the house the gym and then after before coming to work. Soopashowerfan tbh.

94736[/snapback]

I bet you contributed towards Live8 as well, you hypocrit. ;)

94723[/snapback]

94736[/snapback]

I bet you contributed towards Live8 as well, you hypocrit. ;)

94738[/snapback]

I didn't actually. Too busy preening. :razz:

I was at the Central Station on the morning people were going upto Edinburgh for Live8, apart from the inevitable groups of white middle-class Guardian readers, a la Leazes, I was amazed to see loads of the young'uns wearing Nike trainers whilst sipping their takeaway Starbuck coffees. Whoosh tbh.

94723[/snapback]

94736[/snapback]

Part timer tbh.

I showered after jitsu last night, just got out of the shower now, off to the gym shortly after which I will have another shower, then I have jitsu again this evening, which will probably be followed by another shower.

94723[/snapback]

94736[/snapback]

Part timer tbh.

I showered after jitsu last night, just got out of the shower now, off to the gym shortly after which I will have another shower, then I have jitsu again this evening, which will probably be followed by another shower.

94752[/snapback]

I'm going to the gym soon, where I shall be using a portable shower to shower whilst exercising ;)

Fair enough restauraunts but pubs and clubs is a liberty, just have a non smoking area, simple

94473[/snapback]

Fucking get in there, it's about time these weak minded bastards got some punishmnet, I've been suffering long enough with 2nd hand smoke from the likes of Wacky in pubs and clubs. One of the reasons i'm not a big clubber these days is the fact I always used to return home with my eyes stinging like a lass whose pissing out of an infected lettuce.

like shopping on Sundays, Retail proce maintenance, afternoon opening, late night opening, decimal currency, th eNational Book Agreement, currency control, Centigrade.......................

94568[/snapback]

You forgot "the wheel", old-timer. :lol:

94570[/snapback]

Thanks - I knew there was sommat' - and fire of course........... :o:angry::(

When I was a lad, I used to work 27 hours down the pit... :lol:

94701[/snapback]

HEY!!

that's MY line you thieving bastard...............