Petition to stop VAR

JimPilling

13 minutes ago, Ant said:

I don't mind var

The offside rule needs adjusted just to go with it. 

Go back to the old rules,if you’re off,you’re interfering.Too many clowns believe that if you’re two inches offside,that’s not enough to be offside.If an assistant ref flags when a player is two inches offside,the player is offside,and everyone accepts it.If VAR gives an offside because the player is two inches offside buffoons gan off it.

13 hours ago, JimPilling said:

I think that even more decisions go against the other clubs!

The data would suggest no specific bias. You would expect the better sides to get more decisions given that they generally spend more time in the opposition box, less time in their own and generally defend better/give away less penalties.

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/english-premier-league/story/3929823/how-var-decisions-have-affected-every-premier-league-club

I think it's fucking terrible when you're at the match.  You don't know whether to celebrate or not and that takes the spontaneous joy of a goal away.  And half the time you've no idea of what's going on.  It's particularly bad at home games as there's so much of the ground that can't see the 'big' screen.  With only games to watch on telly at the moment I think people are forgetting how bad it is for fans in the ground.

The other side of it is still the amount of stupid decisions that are being made on the back of it like our pen against Spurs or Bamford's disallowed goal at the weekend.  Admittedly a bit of sense from the rule makers could get around that farce.

The final thing that I'm not at all convinced about is how long they allow play to go on when there is a blatant offside.  I understand the reason for them doing this but apart from it being ridiculous when you it looks like someone is clean through only for them to be flagged offside ages after, I worry about the potential for injuries when someone is making a challenge that there is no need for or pulling a muscle when a making a desperate chase after a forward.  We nearly lost Darlow when this happened in the Manchester game.  Fortunately the injury wasn't bad but I'm just waiting for a leg break happening when there was no need for the challenge to be made if the linesman had just flagged offside.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, David Kelly said:

I think it's fucking terrible when you're at the match.  You don't know whether to celebrate or not and that takes the spontaneous joy of a goal away.  And half the time you've no idea of what's going on.  It's particularly bad at home games as there's so much of the ground that can't see the 'big' screen.  With only games to watch on telly at the moment I think people are forgetting how bad it is for fans in the ground.

The other side of it is still the amount of stupid decisions that are being made on the back of it like our pen against Spurs or Bamford's disallowed goal at the weekend.  Admittedly a bit of sense from the rule makers could get around that farce.

The final thing that I'm not at all convinced about is how long they allow play to go on when there is a blatant offside.  I understand the reason for them doing this but apart from it being ridiculous when you it looks like someone is clean through only for them to be flagged offside ages after, I worry about the potential for injuries when someone is making a challenge that there is no need for or pulling a muscle when a making a desperate chase after a forward.  We nearly lost Darlow when this happened in the Manchester game.  Fortunately the injury wasn't bad but I'm just waiting for a leg break happening when there was no need for the challenge to be made if the linesman had just flagged offside.

Thjat could all be fixed by just using it properly. nothing is wrong with the technology, the problems are all caused by the fuckwits using it.

That was great. The outcome was brilliant and the government, by basically being shamed into backtracking over it, ensured they would get virtually no credit for it