Hughes

chip2388

Is the sale of Aaron Hughes becoming even more stupid. We all knew the price was another day light robbery and especially being able to play across the whole back line and DM. Yesterday we could have well used him at LB. Despite being an average player he never lets you down gives 110% and keeps things solid. He probably gets skinned by the winger a few times like but keeps it tidy. Adding to that Baba becoming Woodgate II and Carr seemingly passed it,we could use a player who could cover both positions.

What was the reason he was sold for again? Adequate Resource

Edited by chip2388

Souness has made 3 crap sales that he shouldn't have made (Bellamy, Robert, Hughes)

He's also made 4 crap buys he shouldn't have made.

All comes under the banner of "proper players" mate..or something like that, someone should ask him what he means, although we know the answer.

It would be interesting to see what he thought was a "proper" manager.

Edited by LeazesMag

Souness has made 3 crap sales that he shouldn't have made (Bellamy, Robert, Hughes)

All comes under the banner of "proper players" mate..or something like that, someone should ask him what he means, although we know the answer.

7272[/snapback]

I did not see any proper players out there last night, what I did see and to be fair is a glimmer of promise from a few, but still well short of PL status for the coming season.

On the topic though it was clear that our defence was total shit, we not only need a LB but also a RB, Hughes is an excellent squad player that you can rely on. Well done Sourness yet more shit from a shit manager. MR SOURNESS is not a PROPER manager.

7272[/snapback]

Babayaro, Faye, Moore and who?

It's becomming very clear to me now that it's the fat bastard and not Souness who has decided on the sales (with the exception of Robert and Bellamy).

You could hear from what both Souness and Shearer said last night about the squad not being good enough last season and now we've sold more players than we've brought in that his hands are being tied with regards to transfers.

This isn't me defending Souness because I think he's basically a poor manager. This is me having a go at that fat fucking fool that is running our club into the ground!

It's becomming very clear to me now that it's the fat bastard and not Souness who has decided on the sales (with the exception of Robert and Bellamy).

You could hear from what both Souness and Shearer said last night about the squad not being good enough last season and now we've sold more players than we've brought in that his hands are being tied with regards to transfers.

This isn't me defending Souness because I think he's basically a poor manager.  This is me having a go at that fat fucking fool that is running our club into the ground!

7321[/snapback]

Pretty much sums up my feelings.

This isn't me defending Souness because I think he's basically a poor manager.  This is me having a go at that fat fucking fool that is running our club into the ground!

7321[/snapback]

7322[/snapback]

Think this is completely true and accurate. I remember fatso saying sometime last year about how chairmen should be more involved in the buying of players as in the continent.

And to add to other conspiracy theories, I guess that Bowyer will also be leaving, he made a big effort to applaud the fans whilst being last man off the pitch last night. Not as theatrical as Robert but bearing in mind Bowyer's interview last week, who knows?? ;)

I think I heard in Soueys interview after the game, that we were after 3 top notch players(for their clubs).

I just saw that some club had a bid for Malbranque(£4m) turned down. I doubt Fulham would sell both Luis Boa Morte AND Malbranque at this late stage of the season.

Get your pudgy finger out Freddy!

7272[/snapback]

Babayaro, Faye, Moore and who?

7317[/snapback]

Aye, I was jumping the gun and including Viduka [or even Anelka if he sulks after a few months or Souness decides he can't be bothered to manage him], because one thing is for sure now and that is we are going to end up making a panic buy of some sort.

And although Boa Morte won't be crap, he isn't good enough for a top team.

7321[/snapback]

7322[/snapback]

Think this is completely true and accurate. I remember fatso saying sometime last year about how chairmen should be more involved in the buying of players as in the continent.

And to add to other conspiracy theories, I guess that Bowyer will also be leaving, he made a big effort to applaud the fans whilst being last man off the pitch last night. Not as theatrical as Robert but bearing in mind Bowyer's interview last week, who knows?? ;)

7328[/snapback]

Well this time last year Shepherd was accused of buying players that Bobby Robson didn't want, but Bobby Robson said recently that that was not the case, they were all his players. And lets face it, he would have every reason to say otherwise if he had wanted to spite Shepherd.

Howay man, Souness might be shite, but no one would tell him who to buy or sell.

I think I heard in Soueys interview after the game, that we were after 3 top notch players(for their clubs).

I just saw that some club had a bid for Malbranque(£4m) turned down. I doubt Fulham would sell both Luis Boa Morte AND Malbranque at this late stage of the season.

Get your pudgy finger out Freddy!

7330[/snapback]

Aston Villa are the team who bid £4m for him. If Fulham sell Malbranque, they won't sell Boa Morte, and vice versa.

Cheers for clearing that one up Gol. I'ma lazy, lazy man.

I'm not the biggest fan of Boa Morte. His house on Cribs just isn't flash enough for the type of player we require at this club.

Seriously though, we'll need to up the bid in order to get Boa ahead of Villa getting Malbranque.

I assume that we've already unsettled LBM enough for it to be in Fulhams best interests to lose him and keep Malbranque.

Cheers for clearing that one up Gol. I'ma lazy, lazy man.

I'm not the biggest fan of Boa Morte. His house on Cribs just isn't flash enough for the type of player we require at this club.

Seriously though, we'll need to up the bid in order to get Boa ahead of Villa getting Malbranque.

I assume that we've already unsettled LBM enough for it to be in Fulhams best interests to lose him and keep Malbranque.

7347[/snapback]

Malbranque has been unsettled for nearly 2 years now. The only reason he stayed at Fulham unti lnow is the fact that he didn't want to move away from London with a child on the way. I think he'd move now (although he was looking to move back to France, so I don't really know)

News to me......

Manchester City are poised to make an improved offer for Fulham's French midfield man Steed Malbranque after having a £4m bid turned down.

City boss Stuart Pearce wants to add the 25-year-old to his squad after losing England star Shaun Wright-Phillips to Chelsea for £21m.

Fulham have snubbed the first approach, but City will return on Thursday.

And BBC Sport understands City hope Malbranque may even sign before Saturday's friendly against Olympiakos.

Malbranque joined Fulham from Lyon for £5m in August 2001, and has been highly influential in Chris Coleman's side.

"We still retain a strong interest in the player," a City spokesman told the club's website.

Pearce still has some of the proceeds of Shaun Wright-Phillips' £21m sale to spend and is believed to be considering an improved bid for Malbranque.

Malbranque has scored 38 goals in his four seasons with Fulham, but is primarily a creative midfielder and City have lacked that type of player since the departure of Ali Benarbia.

He had previously been linked with interest from Aston Villa.

Pretty sure that's not true.

Well this time last year Shepherd was accused of buying players that Bobby Robson didn't want, but Bobby Robson said recently that that was not the case, they were all his players. And lets face it, he would have every reason to say otherwise if he had wanted to spite Shepherd.

Howay man, Souness might be shite, but no one would tell him who to buy or sell.

Correct. He's hardly a shrinking violet who lets peopel walk all over him is he, so to claim Shepherd is doing his job as manager for him is clutching at straws.

If Souness has had ANY sales forced on him by Shepherd or has had any signings forced on him by Shepherd he can come out and tell everybody about it. Until he does he takes the responisbility for every player who has left this club:

Bellamy - Wrong

Robert - Wrong

Hughes - Wrong

Ambrose - wrong or should have been year loan

O'Brien - Correct

Butt - Correct but not on loan should have got money (tho this is Freddies fault)

The Hughes sale was just so pointless, a model professional who covers RB and CB and at a stretch can play LB (certainly better than Elliot) and who is great to have when injuries start and to have on the becnh as cover.

Now if he'd sold Hughes and brough in a top class CB, RB and LB i wouldn't have a problem, but he didn't and won't.

News to me......

Manchester City are poised to make an improved offer for Fulham's French midfield man Steed Malbranque after having a £4m bid turned down.

City boss Stuart Pearce wants to add the 25-year-old to his squad after losing England star Shaun Wright-Phillips to Chelsea for £21m.

And BBC Sport understands City hope Malbranque may even sign before Saturday's friendly against Olympiakos.

Malbranque joined Fulham from Lyon for £5m in August 2001, and has been highly influential in Chris Coleman's side.

"We still retain a strong interest in the player," a City spokesman told the club's website.

Pearce still has some of the proceeds of Shaun Wright-Phillips' £21m sale to spend and is believed to be considering an improved bid for Malbranque.

Malbranque has scored 38 goals in his four seasons with Fulham, but is primarily a creative midfielder and City have lacked that type of player since the departure of Ali Benarbia.

7372[/snapback]

Aye, the Man City spokesman is just lying ;)

Correct. He's hardly a shrinking violet who lets peopel walk all over him is he, so to claim Shepherd is doing his job as manager for him is clutching at straws.

If Souness has had ANY sales forced on him by Shepherd or has had any signings forced on him by Shepherd he can come out and tell everybody about it. Until he does he takes the responisbility for every player who has left this club:

Bellamy - Wrong

Robert - Wrong

Hughes - Wrong

Ambrose - wrong or should have been year loan

O'Brien - Correct

Butt - Correct but not on loan should have got money (tho this is Freddies fault)

The Hughes sale was just so pointless, a model professional who covers RB and CB and at a stretch can play LB (certainly better than Elliot) and who is great to have when injuries start and to have on the becnh as cover.

Now if he'd sold Hughes and brough in a top class CB, RB and LB i wouldn't have a problem, but he didn't and won't.

7539[/snapback]

Spot on mate, Sourness is responsible for the ins - outs of players at NUFC, Sad thing is, this will haunt us in the coming season unless action is taken soon.

Totally inept to sell Hughes with little or no prospect of any fresh blood. He is a generalist in defence and could cover right across the back.

Is the sale of Aaron Hughes becoming even more stupid. We all knew the price was another day light robbery and especially being able to play across the whole back line and DM. Yesterday we could have well used him at LB. Despite being an average player he never lets you down gives 110% and keeps things solid. He probably gets skinned by the winger a few times like but keeps it tidy. Adding to that Baba becoming Woodgate II and Carr seemingly passed it,we could use a player who could cover both positions.

What was the reason he was sold for again? Adequate Resource

7271[/snapback]

Well done mate - Get another Souness Out thread going.

Why not start another post on here about Robert and Bell-end because your just going to get what you want to hear - Sack Souness.

Why not start another post on here about Robert and Bell-end because your just going to get what you want to hear - Sack Souness.

7679[/snapback]

What and you're defending Souness because he's doing a great job???

Face it, blind faith is going to get the club nowhere.

In another thread someone was saying it maybe it's a good thing we aren't in Europe this season, sorry Gemill, but that's bollocks.

Since when it is acceptable to praise mediocrity let alone be content and live with it?

To let something important to you slip away?

Not in my life.

Souness isn't the answer, he's the fucking problem.

News to me......

7372[/snapback]

Aye, the Man City spokesman is just lying ;)

7582[/snapback]

Member of football club in lying scandel B)

Aston Villa were the team who bid for him.

No thrills but dependable CB, shit full back. Does seem a bit stupid letting him go when his replacement is Craig Moore.

7719[/snapback]

Shut it, he's Great

7679[/snapback]

What and you're defending Souness because he's doing a great job???

Face it, blind faith is going to get the club nowhere.

In another thread someone was saying it maybe it's a good thing we aren't in Europe this season, sorry Gemill, but that's bollocks.

Since when it is acceptable to praise mediocrity let alone be content and live with it?

To let something important to you slip away?

Not in my life.

Souness isn't the answer, he's the fucking problem.

7696[/snapback]

Getting on the managers back is going to help him and the team do well this season isnt it?