Quick Restaurant Recommendations

Matt

Next week we'll be finishing a project at work, so we get to go out for a meal. Now I've been charged with fixing it up for next Wednesday (so I won't even be able to go due to the Charlton game). My knowledge of the Newcastle restaurant scene is pretty scratchy given that I live 8 miles up the road.

It needs to be somewhere relatively nice without being super-pricey- there'll be 12-15 of them in total, but work pays.

People haven't decided what sort of cuisine- obviously choices are indian or chinese but just say whatever you reccomend.

Ta.

Edited by Matt

Azzuri on the Quayside is canny. Perfect for a works meal and fairly moderately priced. The food's nice too.

Oh, and the last time I was there, there was a bloke sat on the other side of the room that was the spitting double of you, Matt. It wasn't like, which is quite lucky for you cos he was wearing a beige tank top :lol:

Aye, Azurri's a good bet cos it's big and can easily cater for big parties without you feeling like the noisy freak table that's annoying all the other diners.

95478[/snapback]

On a similar note, Zizi's on Grey Street is canny nice.

• 1 month later...
Bump:

More recommendations required. I need to impress, so nee burger van suggestions.

109072[/snapback]

Zizi's on Grey Street.

Divin't bother with Marco Polos on Dean Street, the food is canny good, but the service is similar to that if you'd taken a shite on the bar then opened your lunchbox.

You can take the last line as a euphemism or not, either way they weren't the most courteous of staff.

I might try Zizi's on Grey Street then. It sounds canny nice.

Aye Scott, up for the Spurs game. Hopefully there'll be some out for a few jars of esoteric beforehand.

I might try Zizi's on Grey Street then. It sounds canny nice.

Aye Scott, up for the Spurs game. Hopefully there'll be some out for a few jars of esoteric beforehand.

109114[/snapback]

Zizi's is just a mediocre chain with over priced italian food - instantly forgettable. Azurri's is even worse as it has pretensions above its station with its silver service and the fact it's located in a dungeon beneath a budget hotel. There are loads of places I'd rather go than either of these, but then, I have class. :lol:

If you just want Pizza, then fine, but otherwise I'd head to one of the tapas bars, cafe 21, Treacle Moon, Paradiso's or Secco's, the biscuit, the big mussel, or one of the numerous good chinese restaurants in Newcastle.

For 'class', read 'pretentious ponce' :lol:

:lol:

109126[/snapback]

:blush::lol:

Pretentious is a place like Azurris tbh. None of the places I mentioned have pretensions, except maybe Treacle Moon, which I wouldn't personally go to. Just good food - although some are expensive.

Also, Pizza Express is better than Zizzi's, imo like.

Good italian would be La Riviera opposite buff joes. Bit small though and can be pricey. Good Chinees Id say Landmark in chinatown.

For 'class', read 'pretentious ponce' :blush:

109126[/snapback]

:nufc::lol:

Pretentious is a place like Azurris tbh. None of the places I mentioned have pretensions, except maybe Treacle Moon, which I wouldn't personally go to. Just good food - although some are expensive.

109128[/snapback]

Biscuit is pretentious like.

IMO :lol:

Big Mussell is sound. Was thinking of going there as I've enjoyed it in the past but I didnt know what it was gonna be like after a match (the Leazes Terrace one anyways) so was looking for alternative suggestions from you plebs, so I could look geet culchad, masterful and decisive in front of wor lass tbh.

Looks like Alex's sold me right down the river with his recommendation like. No class that lad.

For 'class', read 'pretentious ponce' :lol:

109126[/snapback]

:nufc::lol:

109128[/snapback]

Canny pretentious recommending a place you wouldn't go to anarl :blush:

A friend was telling me they went to that restaurant on top of the Baltic building with their wife and spent close to £200 on a medicocre meal! :lol:

Mind, have I told anyone I've recently been to Iceland? :lol: Everything seems cheap now. :lol:

A friend was telling me they went to that restaurant on top of the Baltic building with their wife and spent close to £200 on a medicocre meal!  :lol:

Mind, have I told anyone I've recently been to Iceland? :lol: Everything seems cheap now.  :lol:

109139[/snapback]

I've heard the Baltic top floor restaurent is very dear like. I would agree with most of what you said btw, although I did like Zizi's. Then again, I love pizza. Of the tapas places in town I've been to, I probably like El Torero (sp?) best. The one round the corner and down the hill from what used to be the Empress.

A friend was telling me they went to that restaurant on top of the Baltic building with their wife and spent close to £200 on a medicocre meal!  :lol:

Mind, have I told anyone I've recently been to Iceland? :lol: Everything seems cheap now.  :lol:

109139[/snapback]

£200 on the WIFE!! Fuck me, that sort of splash is reserved only for chicks who profess a chance of shagging!