The British thread.

Dr Gloom

flags8pc.th.jpg

World dominance!  :D

95645[/snapback]

at its peak the british empire goverend a quarter of the globe and rules the seas.

map27.gif

that's what i'm talking about.

95670[/snapback]

It was more like

britemp.jpg

although admitedly, we lost 'the colonies' before we got most of the rest.

I've actually been working on a timeline for an alternative present day in which the US was destroyed in the war of independence, and Britain held on to the colonies, and expanded. As a result other European powers held on to their colonies in America as well, although for the benefit of the plot, Brazil split from Portugal (although amicably) and Britain aided Mexico's independence struggle with Spain, and the subsequent Mexican-Spanish war which saw Mexico expand southward (and also retain it's Northern Territories which in reality joined the USA).

This is a map of the Americas in the alternative 'Present Day'

altamericas.jpg

96513[/snapback]

very interesting - and believable too

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our prisons, the best in the world, which would explain why Rob says they don't "cure" anyone

96494[/snapback]

well they don't do they?????

If our schools and universities were as good as teaching subjects as our prisons are at teaching criminals to be better criminals we'd sweep the Nobel Prizes every year

Our prisons, the best in the world, which would explain why Rob says they don't "cure" anyone

96494[/snapback]

well they don't do they?????

If our schools and universities were as good as teaching subjects as our prisons are at teaching criminals to be better criminals we'd sweep the Nobel Prizes every year

96711[/snapback]

Serious question. What would you do with criminals Rob?

Less people on remand, less people banged up for things like not paying their TV licence instead of serving REAL community sentences

More investment in training IN prison and more spent on after prison supervision and help

More serious work done in prison - why can't they repair cars for example - most of them can get into my car faster than I can. getthem to learn a trade FFS

The seriously violent get banged up for a long time

Less of this 12 years means 6 years - time off for good behaviour indeed BUT not 50%

Less people on remand, less people banged up for things like not paying their TV licence  instead of serving REAL community sentences

More investment in training IN prison and more spent on after prison supervision and help

More serious work done in prison - why can't they repair cars for example - most of them can get into my car faster than I can. getthem to learn a trade FFS

The seriously violent get banged up for a long time

Less of this 12 years means 6 years - time off for good behaviour indeed BUT not 50%

97192[/snapback]

Sounds intelligent and well thought out so will never get picked up by a politician. Mechanics union might have something to say about fixing cars though.