Babayaro loses sending off appeal

Neil Faulkner

Newcastle defender Celestine Babayaro has lost an appeal against his red card at Aston Villa.

The 27-year-old Nigerian will now be banned for two matches, the FA Cup encounter with Southampton and the Premiership match against Charlton.

Babayaro was dismissed for a professional foul on Milan Baros.

"The extra match is because of the fact Babayaro admitted a charge of violent conduct in November last year," said an FA statement.

"That counts as a previous sending-off under the disciplinary totting-up process."

Babayaro was dismissed in the second half of Saturday's Premiership match but Newcastle still managed to hold on for a 2-1 victory

Was he sent off for the right reaons? Or was the ref simply being a tight wanker? Your thoughts please...

Ref wasn't really in the best position to see what the contact was. Thought the sending off was harsh though.

95703[/snapback]

Your avatar is freaky. The picture of Craig in the foam party thing you made reminds me of Frank Lampard.

You can see Babayaro go to tackle but puts his studs into the ground without making contact, Baros then wraps his leg around Babayaro's grounded leg to trick the ref into giving the pen. How the fuck the FA after appeal have viewed the video and decided to stick to the original decision is a fucking joke. But then again the ref we had at Villa is not as bad as the ref last night at Bolton, fuck me gently, they should have had at least 3 pens!

You can see Babayaro go to tackle but puts his studs into the ground without making contact, Baros then wraps his leg around Babayaro's grounded leg to trick the ref into giving the pen. How the fuck the FA after appeal have viewed the video and decided to stick to the original decision is a fucking joke. But then again the ref we had at Villa is not as bad as the ref last night at Bolton, fuck me gently, they should have had at least 3 pens!

95740[/snapback]

In fairness to the ref in real time it looked a stone wall penalty. He's a shite ref though.

Ref wasn't really in the best position to see what the contact was. Thought the sending off was harsh though.

95703[/snapback]

Your avatar is freaky. The picture of Craig in the foam party thing you made reminds me of Frank Lampard.

95739[/snapback]

You don't happen to have a copy of that pic do you? :lol:

95703[/snapback]

95739[/snapback]

You don't happen to have a copy of that pic do you? :lol:

95743[/snapback]

Nah, but it was genius that.

95740[/snapback]

Sums up how useless refs and the FA are. They've watched that and have two very simple options:

1. You don't think he even makes enough contact with Baros so its not even a foul, hence you over turn the red

2. You think its enough to eb a foul but it isn't a professional foul as he's not last man and Baros is heading away from goal, so you overturn the red

Of course you do always have option 3. You are the FA so act like morons and ignore all evidence when making the decision

Mavis Riley, Manures 13th man at Cardiff (Butt was their 12th).

96041[/snapback]

It's not as if the refereeing made much difference to the result tbh.

96061[/snapback]

No, but he didn't help. He was utter shit that day, a bit like us 1st half. :D