Rumours abound

Gemmill

not really over-awed with oneill but he must be doing something right if Man u and Engalnd were both reportedly after him. Would also be the first manager since Keegan I could see being here for years to come.

96390[/snapback]

I'd have thought you'd have jumped at the opportunity - Chris Sutton was a player of his! :D

96392[/snapback]

stop stealing other peoples jokes :nufc:

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.williamhillmedia.com/index_template.asp?file=5451

Seven Grand Gamble On O' Neill For Toon

SEVEN GRAND GAMBLE ON O'NEILL FOR TOON SHORTENS ODDS.......After a persistent Scottish punter staked £7000 on Martin O'Neill becoming Newcastle manager, William Hill have cut his odds from 15/8 to 6/5 favourite to succeed Graeme Souness - the shortest price he has yet been.

'The punter staked £2000 on him at 15/8; £3000 at 6/4 and £2000 at 6/5 - a substantial sequence of bets in anyone's language' said Hill's spokesman Graham Sharpe of the wagers which were struck in Glasgow.

With this gamble standing to produce a return of £17,650, the biggest yet in the market, Hills now make Stuart Pearce 9/2 second favourite with Sam Allardyce at 5/1 and Scolari 6/1.

***Hills have opened a book on where O'Neill will be on the first day of next season and make him 6/5 to be Newcastle boss; 11/8 England manager; 15/8 not with any club; 8/1 Man Utd supremo; 100/1 manager of Celtic; 200/1 of Forest.

'Whichever big job becomes available, O'Neill's name goes forward. It seems inevitable that eventually he will take one of them.'

Further information....graham sharpe...0780 3233702

I got £20 on him when he was at 14/1 :wub:

96446[/snapback]

Nice one! You should come to a pissup to celebrate - first round on you. :nufc:

96469[/snapback]

I'll drive up - you can buy the beers! :D

not really over-awed with oneill but he must be doing something right if Man u and Engalnd were both reportedly after him. Would also be the first manager since Keegan I could see being here for years to come.

96390[/snapback]

Unfortunately I feel that was the extent of Freddy's decision making process on this one. Can't help feeling (if it does happen) that he will have been hired on reputation and 'name' rather than any confidence among the board that he is the man for the job i.e. the man to put us back in the top 4 and have us competing on a level pegging with at least Arsenal, Man Utd and Liverpool.

Does anyone think think that O'Neill's reputation has benefitted from being away from the game? It happens with players when they are away for a length of time, their legacy seems to grow.

EDit: I suppose the same could be said of Hitzfeld too.

Edited by The Mighty Hog

Does anyone think think that O'Neill's reputation has benefitted from being away from the game? It happens with players when they are away for a length of time, their legacy seems to grow.

96534[/snapback]

yes true that often happens, but not i think in this case...O'Neil was thought of very highly anyway....tbh, i dont think ive ever read or heard anything terribly negative about him!

I've always wanted O'Neil to take charge.....i think like someone has already said that if FF apoints him, then its more luck than judgement on his part....but hopefully for once, it will prove to be the right decision..

I am alittle worried his mind may be elsewhere at times though, if his wife has a relapse or just isnt well.. (does anyone know exactly what her illness is? im presuming she's had some type of cancer here)? ...but then surely he wouldnt undertake such a huge pressure job unless he felt that he could give it 100%? He strikes me as a very intelligent thoughtful man who will always give his total concentration and effort in his work.

I got £20 on him when he was at 14/1 :yes

96446[/snapback]

96469[/snapback]

96517[/snapback]

As long as Scunny are miles away, and you get me a ticket :wub:

96446[/snapback]

96469[/snapback]

96517[/snapback]

96564[/snapback]

The majority of home games are on general sale right up til kick off these days :nufc: Get yourselves up here for a game the pair of yous - we need to prove that you're not the same person. :yes

96446[/snapback]

96469[/snapback]

96517[/snapback]

96564[/snapback]

The majority of home games are on general sale right up til kick off these days :nufc: Get yourselves up here for a game the pair of yous - we need to prove that you're not the same person. :yes

96571[/snapback]

And if Gol wears his Chelsea top everybody will easily recognise him...

I got £20 on him when he was at 14/1 :nufc:

96446[/snapback]

Nice one! You should come to a pissup to celebrate - first round on you. :wub:

96469[/snapback]

96517[/snapback]

As long as Scunny are miles away, and you get me a ticket :yes

96564[/snapback]

The majority of home games are on general sale right up til kick off these days :rolleyes: Get yourselves up here for a game the pair of yous - we need to prove that you're not the same person. :yes

96571[/snapback]

96613[/snapback]

:nufc:

So what time can we expect this announcement?

97812[/snapback]

I don't know, but I hear the lads at William Hill have all had a raise !

I got £20 on him when he was at 14/1 :D

96446[/snapback]

Nice one! You should come to a pissup to celebrate - first round on you. :rolleyes:

96469[/snapback]

96517[/snapback]

As long as Scunny are miles away, and you get me a ticket :angry:

96564[/snapback]

The majority of home games are on general sale right up til kick off these days :D Get yourselves up here for a game the pair of yous - we need to prove that you're not the same person. :D

96571[/snapback]

96613[/snapback]

I'll be the nerd with the laptop tbh :D