Rumours abound

Gemmill

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reet, I was told the following last night by someone I consider to be a decent source (not a bullshitter basically), who has been told this independently by a director at Northern Rock, and someone who works for Freddie:

The job is O'Neill's, he's been offered it and accepted it.  There are a couple of things to sort out - one of them being that he still has some sort of formal arrangement with Celtic to return there once his wife is well, which isn't going to be exercised because his return to football has come sooner than expected for both him and Celtic (they've got Strachan now and are sticking with him).  Shepherd is in the process of sorting out a house for him and his wife, somewhere fairly close to the airport, and nothing formal will be announced until it's all sorted for them to be in their house, so that he's not having to do any silly commutes or causing unnecessary upheaval for the wife or anything like that.  Apparently he's on a pretty massive contract as well, money-wise.

There you go anyway, I stand to look like a mong if it's not true, but I've no reason to think this bloke was lying.

104324[/snapback]

Ahem!!! And what if it is true? What's the difference in appearance?! :)

If O'Neill has been offered the job, surely the stock exchange would have to be told???

I reckon it's Allerdyce's in the summer. I am so confident, I have 600 on him at William Patel's at 8/1.

104670[/snapback]

Not if it's not legally binding yet, no. With a player you only have to tell the stock market the day the deal is all signed, same with a manager I would imagine.

Guys

I have joined your forum to try and clear this up for you. Although I suspect some of you will refuse to believe it (and I probably would do the same if the roles were reversed to be honest..)

Your new Manager is Martin O'Neil. The deal was done weeks ago and once a few domestic arrangements are sorted it will be announced. His usual backroom staff are coming with him (Robbo & Walford) and he is on a massive contract and is just the man to bring the glory years back to your club.

Shoot me down if you like, dismiss it if you will, slate me if you feel like it. Regardless of all that....its a done deal.

I know this for a FACT. I cannot disclose who told me but I will add that my source (who is in football also) has spoken to Martin a few times in the past few weeks regarding his new job. And I also know of one player who will be leaving Celtic to sign for Newcastle.

I wagered a tidy sum on this a good few weeks ago at 4/1. Believe me when I say forget Hitzfield, Pearce etc MON is your new boss.

This was posted on N-O earlier on tonight by a Celtic fan, and I personally believe it. Mainly because it pretty much tallies with what I said earlier on in the week. :)

If it happens, I become FORUM KING and you all BOW BEFORE ME! REET??

When I become FORUM KING the ginger thing STOPS.  Two week ban for anyone calling me ginger.

105382[/snapback]

Dear me. Somebody widen the door for his ginga heed to get out of... :)

When I become FORUM KING the ginger thing STOPS.  Two week ban for anyone calling me ginger.

105382[/snapback]

105389[/snapback]

That's right, get it out of your system. Pretty soon you won't be able to get away with this sort of thing.

105382[/snapback]

105389[/snapback]

That's right, get it out of your system. Pretty soon you won't be able to get away with this sort of thing.

105390[/snapback]

but fat twats still ok innit?

105382[/snapback]

Dear me. Somebody widen the door for his ginga heed to get out of... :(

105389[/snapback]

105390[/snapback]

but fat twats still ok innit?

105392[/snapback]

I don't know how you dare tbh, preggers boy. :)

105382[/snapback]

105389[/snapback]

Is that really wht you're worried about?