Well I reckon...

Gemmill

...as much as I'll miss the extra games, that we're better off out of Europe this season. Probably doesn't do the club's profile much good, but then neither does faltering in 4 competitions because our squad's too thin.

Given the reality of our squad and how thin it is, I dont think we could have coped with a full season in Europe, and as disappointing as it was to get knocked out last night, I reckon over the course of the season we might well see that it was to our advantage. Hopefully fewer injuries and more focussed performances in the league and domestic cup competitions.

So there. ;)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...as much as I'll miss the extra games, that we're better off out of Europe this season.  Probably doesn't do the club's profile much good, but then neither does faltering in 4 competitions because our squad's too thin.

Given the reality of our squad and how thin it is, I dont think we could have coped with a full season in Europe, and as disappointing as it was to get knocked out last night, I reckon over the course of the season we might well see that it was to our advantage.  Hopefully fewer injuries and more focussed performances in the league and domestic cup competitions.

So there.  ;)

7306[/snapback]

as my son was taking the piss out of me last night, i did say the same thing to him, just aswell i think, we couldnt have coped.

As you say, it won't do our profile any good, and we'll now miss out on bringing any new players in who want to play in Europe (Owen, Anelka).

I'm undecided, as I don't think our current squad can cope in the league without bringing in some quality players.

The current squad is not good enough, they will not cope in the league either. Regardless this was his best available team last night, add a few more injuries and bookings etc and take one hard look at what we have to chose from.

I firmly believe that success breeds success, what have we got to look forward to, a freshh influx of top players beating the door down to join us, get real, this is the sign of things to come with Sourness. Just ask any supporter of any club that Sourness has been Manager of.

...as much as I'll miss the extra games, that we're better off out of Europe this season.  Probably doesn't do the club's profile much good, but then neither does faltering in 4 competitions because our squad's too thin.

Given the reality of our squad and how thin it is, I dont think we could have coped with a full season in Europe, and as disappointing as it was to get knocked out last night, I reckon over the course of the season we might well see that it was to our advantage.  Hopefully fewer injuries and more focussed performances in the league and domestic cup competitions.

So there.  ;)

7306[/snapback]

huge backward step, and even bigger decrease in expectation. Happy with mediocrity eh Gem ?

So there.  ;)

7306[/snapback]

huge backward step, and even bigger decrease in expectation. Happy with mediocrity eh Gem ?

7349[/snapback]

I haven't said I was happy. On the contrary, I said I was disappointed.

And how depressing is it that thanks to the management we are left with a squad which couldn't have coped with europe, its embrassing.

If our manager thinks Elliot is good enough cover for left back (and an injury prone LB at that) he's got problems.

Parker and Emre look good as we knew they would be, but our lack of creativity is unchanged as ever under Souness. Both strikers missed sitters when we finally did create something, still good job we got rid of Bellamy and Kluivert isn't it!!!

And i have major worries over 4-3-3 under Souness as the man has no concept at all of what he is doing because to quote the man himself "I'm a 4-4-2 man, always have been and always will be" This menas he has no idea what he's playing but is using it because he fucked up his squad meaning he hasn't got the players left for 4-4-2.

But yes, the sad fact is the squad this dick has left us with could not have coped with Europe, but then i knew that ling ago. Wait till we get our ineveitable injury crisis mid season, god knows who will be playing.

So Gemmill, you admit we are simply not good enough to compete in Europe this year, presumably you know the implications of this in terms of lost revenue and status. Yet you still support the man largely responsible for putting us in this downward spiral, and would give him a full further year regardless how bad things get. Interesting. ;)

So there.  ;)

7306[/snapback]

as my son was taking the piss out of me last night, i did say the same thing to him, just aswell i think, we couldnt have coped.

7308[/snapback]

who does he support?

I think we also should give the league and the FA and League Cup a miss and concentrate on the Northumberland Senier Cup. At least we wouldn't ask too much of the squad then...

It was hard enough to attract the right kind of players when having the prospect of entering the WaffaCup via the back door. So no, I don't think missing out playing in Europe for a season is doing the club any good.

So there.  ;)

7306[/snapback]

7308[/snapback]

who does he support?

7432[/snapback]

Torquay I would assume.

So Gemmill, you admit we are simply not good enough to compete in Europe this year, presumably you know the implications of this in terms of lost revenue and status. Yet you still support the man largely responsible for putting us in this downward spiral, and would give him a full further year regardless how bad things get. Interesting.  ;)

7418[/snapback]

Thats what it comes down to, Souness has taken us to a point at which even those who back him admit we couldn't cope with being in europe!!!

Well i'm sorry but the second NUFC can't cope with playing in europe then the manager has fucked up completely, which of course he has!

Both strikers missed sitters when we finally did create something, still good job we got rid of Bellamy and Kluivert isn't it!!!

doesnt mean to say they would have scored them either. They score 1 in every 3 shots.

maybe u can point out to me what shearers current ratio is?

overall id have to say ur comments were pointless and that ur a miserable bastard.

go piss off back to moanville on the other board.

So Gemmill, you admit we are simply not good enough to compete in Europe this year, presumably you know the implications of this in terms of lost revenue and status. Yet you still support the man largely responsible for putting us in this downward spiral, and would give him a full further year regardless how bad things get. Interesting.  B)

7418[/snapback]

Thats what it comes down to, Souness has taken us to a point at which even those who back him admit we couldn't cope with being in europe!!!

Well i'm sorry but the second NUFC can't cope with playing in europe then the manager has fucked up completely, which of course he has!

7458[/snapback]

I wonder if this is the point at which Gemmill admits he was only backing Souness to wind Hobbes/Renton up. ;)

Edited by alex

Its NOT the number of players you have - its the quality

We have a lot of players but they are mediocre

Remember that the great Liverpool temas of the 80s won the European Cup etc etc only using 20 players

So Gemmill, you admit we are simply not good enough to compete in Europe this year, presumably you know the implications of this in terms of lost revenue and status. Yet you still support the man largely responsible for putting us in this downward spiral, and would give him a full further year regardless how bad things get. Interesting.  B)

7418[/snapback]

Thought it would be my fault like. ;) As I've said before, I've stated my position on Souness many times, and I'm sure you've read it, yet it's easier for you to make it sound as basic as this. Fair enough.

I think it may be a blessing that we're not in Europe. Don't forget the season we finished 4th we didn't qualify for Europe either!! Who knows we may start surprising everyone in the League the same way we did in 01/02! (Getting more and more optimistic/deluded*)

* Delete where applicable.

So Gemmill, you admit we are simply not good enough to compete in Europe this year, presumably you know the implications of this in terms of lost revenue and status. Yet you still support the man largely responsible for putting us in this downward spiral, and would give him a full further year regardless how bad things get. Interesting.  :second:

7418[/snapback]

Thought it would be my fault like. ;) As I've said before, I've stated my position on Souness many times, and I'm sure you've read it, yet it's easier for you to make it sound as basic as this. Fair enough.

7468[/snapback]

Scott, you're just like one of those fans JJ invented in that article B)

I think it may be a blessing that we're not in Europe. Don't forget the season we finished 4th we didn't qualify for Europe either!! Who knows we may start surprising everyone in the League the same way we did in 01/02! (Getting more and more xxxxxxxxx/deluded*)

* Delete where applicable.

7469[/snapback]

So Gemmill, you admit we are simply not good enough to compete in Europe this year, presumably you know the implications of this in terms of lost revenue and status. Yet you still support the man largely responsible for putting us in this downward spiral, and would give him a full further year regardless how bad things get. Interesting.  :second:

7418[/snapback]

7468[/snapback]

You've got to stop this paranoia, I never said it was your fault. B)

People are allowed to change their opinions and/or admit they were wrong, or they can be stubborn and look increasingly foolish, your choice!

So Gemmill, you admit we are simply not good enough to compete in Europe this year, presumably you know the implications of this in terms of lost revenue and status. Yet you still support the man largely responsible for putting us in this downward spiral, and would give him a full further year regardless how bad things get. Interesting.  ;)

7418[/snapback]

7468[/snapback]

You've got to stop this paranoia, I never said it was your fault. B)

People are allowed to change their opinions and/or admit they were wrong, or they can be stubborn and look increasingly foolish, your choice!

7485[/snapback]

I don't need to change either my opinion or position, as neither are as simplistic as you like to make out. Your position hasn't changed since the day the bloke was given the job, at which point you decided right there and then that you wouldn't be giving him a chance. Tantrums and tiaras in an airport departure lounge if I recall correctly. :second:

7418[/snapback]

7468[/snapback]

7481[/snapback]

Love the board, love Souness, love every decision the club makes. That's me. :second:

7418[/snapback]

7468[/snapback]

7481[/snapback]

Love the board , love Souness, love every decision the club makes. That's me. :second:

7487[/snapback]

Yeah, but the board is Great ;)