Well I reckon...

Gemmill

So Gemmill, you admit we are simply not good enough to compete in Europe this year, presumably you know the implications of this in terms of lost revenue and status. Yet you still support the man largely responsible for putting us in this downward spiral, and would give him a full further year regardless how bad things get. Interesting.  ;)

7418[/snapback]

Thought it would be my fault like. ;) As I've said before, I've stated my position on Souness many times, and I'm sure you've read it, yet it's easier for you to make it sound as basic as this. Fair enough.

7468[/snapback]

You've got to stop this paranoia, I never said it was your fault. B)

People are allowed to change their opinions and/or admit they were wrong, or they can be stubborn and look increasingly foolish, your choice!

7485[/snapback]

I don't need to change either my opinion or position, as neither are as simplistic as you like to make out. Your position hasn't changed since the day the bloke was given the job, at which point you decided right there and then that you wouldn't be giving him a chance. Tantrums and tiaras in an airport departure lounge if I recall correctly. :second:

7486[/snapback]

The tantrum in the airport is a figment of your imagination! You need help!

As for Souness, he has had plenty of chances to prove me wrong, he's just never taken them. Every day he makes a bigger prat of himself, like today when he said that Viduka, Owen, and Anelka were all 20 goals a season men, despite only Viduka having reached that total, once. D'Oh!

I'll have you eating humble pie out of the palm of my hand one of these days, mark my words! ;)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Gemmill, you admit we are simply not good enough to compete in Europe this year, presumably you know the implications of this in terms of lost revenue and status. Yet you still support the man largely responsible for putting us in this downward spiral, and would give him a full further year regardless how bad things get. Interesting.  ;)

7418[/snapback]

Thought it would be my fault like. ;) As I've said before, I've stated my position on Souness many times, and I'm sure you've read it, yet it's easier for you to make it sound as basic as this. Fair enough.

7468[/snapback]

People are allowed to change their opinions and/or admit they were wrong, or they can be stubborn and look increasingly foolish, your choice!

7485[/snapback]

I don't need to change either my opinion or position, as neither are as simplistic as you like to make out. Your position hasn't changed since the day the bloke was given the job, at which point you decided right there and then that you wouldn't be giving him a chance. Tantrums and tiaras in an airport departure lounge if I recall correctly. :second:

7486[/snapback]

As for Souness, he has had plenty of chances to prove me wrong, he's just never taken them. Every day he makes a bigger prat of himself, like today when he said that Viduka, Owen, and Anelka were all 20 goals a season men, despite only Viduka having reached that total, once. D'Oh!

I'll have you eating humble pie out of the palm of my hand one of these days, mark my words! ;)

7492[/snapback]

Now you see, a level-headed person like myself would be able to shrug their shoulders and just go "Actually, that's not entirely accurate. Dunno who's given the bloke that information". Someone who hates the bloke beyond all reason would probably sit shaking their head going "There he goes. Making 'an even bigger prat of himself.' by the day. I hate him. I HATE HIM!!".

7418[/snapback]

7468[/snapback]

7485[/snapback]

7486[/snapback]

7492[/snapback]

Now you see, a level-headed person like myself would be able to shrug their shoulders and just go "Actually, that's not entirely accurate. Dunno who's given the bloke that information". Someone who hates the bloke beyond all reason would probably sit shaking their head going "There he goes. Making 'an even bigger prat of himself.' by the day. I hate him. I HATE HIM!!".

7496[/snapback]

Hmm, why don't you two just change yours medications. While Hobbes is probably in need of some extra Prozacs, Gemmill should definitively take less of them. They are probably making you fat either...

Actually they've all scored 20+ goals a season, perhaps not in a league campaign.

7495[/snapback]

Oh dear, better shovel some of that humble pie into your own gob, Hobbes. ;)

7497[/snapback]

Most reasonable people would take 20 goals a season to mean in the league, look at the stick Shearer gets for scoring against "pub" teams from Europe, not that there will be any of them for a while. Shearer incidentally has exceeded 20 goals a season 7 times, and 30 on 3 occasions.

I'm not making a big fuss of it, but you would have thought Mr Souness could do a bit of research before he opens his mouth. He is willing to pay millions of pounds for these players without knowing what they are capable of. And this is just an example, if I listed all the stupid things Souness has said it would gon on for pages! His admission he doesn't believe in tactics, he doesn't believe in wingers, and he likes "proper" players are my personal favourites.

Also I genuinely don't hate the man as I don't know him. I do think he is clueless when it comes to football management though.

7418[/snapback]

7468[/snapback]

7485[/snapback]

7486[/snapback]

7492[/snapback]

7496[/snapback]

Hmm, why don't you two just change yours medications. While Hobbes is probably in need of some extra Prozacs, Gemmill should definitively take less of them. They are probably making you fat either...

7503[/snapback]

Maybe they should include a years supply of Prozac with your season ticket. In fact, that's an excellent idea!

...as much as I'll miss the extra games, that we're better off out of Europe this season.  Probably doesn't do the club's profile much good, but then neither does faltering in 4 competitions because our squad's too thin.

Given the reality of our squad and how thin it is, I dont think we could have coped with a full season in Europe, and as disappointing as it was to get knocked out last night, I reckon over the course of the season we might well see that it was to our advantage.  Hopefully fewer injuries and more focussed performances in the league and domestic cup competitions.

So there.  ;)

7306[/snapback]

as my son was taking the piss out of me last night, i did say the same thing to him, just aswell i think, we couldnt have coped.

7308[/snapback]

who does he support?

7432[/snapback]

Torquay united mainly (our home team) and he's always followed chelski since he was a kid.

Both strikers missed sitters when we finally did create something, still good job we got rid of Bellamy and Kluivert isn't it!!!

doesnt mean to say they would have scored them either. They score 1 in every 3 shots.

maybe u can point out to me what shearers current ratio is?

overall id have to say ur comments were pointless and that ur a miserable bastard.

go piss off back to moanville on the other board.

7461[/snapback]

How about i point out to you Shearer scored 4 goals from open play in the premiership last season, great ratio that must make.

And my actual point is that the two strikers in question would certainly be in the team ahead of Shola with any sane manager in charge and that if Shearer is having a bad spell goal wise sometime in the season you have replacements who are good enough instead of having nothing.

And overall i'd have to say i don't give a flying fuck wahat you think of my comments (most of which you didn't include in this post as you know they are right.)

As for your amazing ability to know my personality from an internet message board post, i'm not a miserable bastard apart from when i think about the tosspot ruining my club and then i do get miserable.

And i won't piss off to "moanville" if only for the reason that i hope to piss morons like you off on a regular basis by pointing out how shit the manager is. And try not making posts that sound like a text message and it might make you (not U) seem less thick.

The last season we weren't in Europe we qualified for the Champions League, lets hope the pattern continues.

7536[/snapback]

Yep, after a competent manager had signed Robert and Bellamy. ;)

The last season we weren't in Europe we qualified for the Champions League, lets hope the pattern continues.

7536[/snapback]

Yep, after a competent manager had signed Robert and Bellamy. B)

7550[/snapback]

As back ups after he didn't get Franny "Fox in the box" Jeffers and Bolo Zenden ;)

This was discussed somewhere else recently. He always wanted Bellamy, he wanted Bellamy or Eidur Gudjonssen. He bid for Bellamy a year before he got him, but it fell through because of that agent messing up the sale of Duncan Ferguson, so when he had the cash he then went back for Bellamy.

Maybe during that year's gap he focussed on Jeffers as an alternative, but Bellamy and EG were his first choices, as he had managed Gudjonnssen at PSV, I think it was.

And yes, we got off to a flying start the season we entered the intertoto, we were 10% fitter than others in the first few games, but he had made the two signings which gave us qualities the team needed so badly. They were spot on. He got it just right.

But now they are gone, we are back to the clueless one paced sluggers, playing in front of the opponents defenders, just as we were before they came. Except this time, we have an incompetent manager who if the going gets tough, will not have a clue how to instill confidence or belief in a losing team, he'll just blame everyone else.

And when he gets the boot, there isn't another Bobby Robson around to restore morale like last time either. We are in deep deep cack.

And when he gets the boot, there isn't another Bobby Robson around to restore morale like last time either. We are in deep deep cack.

7583[/snapback]

I was thinking about this today as it happens. It'll be a lot harder to clear the mess made by Souness than it was with Gullit, who actually left a fairly decent team; they just lacked morale And this time round there is no Bobby Robson to rely on. Oh shit. ;)

Both strikers missed sitters when we finally did create something, still good job we got rid of Bellamy and Kluivert isn't it!!!

doesnt mean to say they would have scored them either. They score 1 in every 3 shots.

maybe u can point out to me what shearers current ratio is?

overall id have to say ur comments were pointless and that ur a miserable bastard.

go piss off back to moanville on the other board.

7461[/snapback]

How about i point out to you Shearer scored 4 goals from open play in the premiership last season, great ratio that must make.

And my actual point is that the two strikers in question would certainly be in the team ahead of Shola with any sane manager in charge and that if Shearer is having a bad spell goal wise sometime in the season you have replacements who are good enough instead of having nothing.

And overall i'd have to say i don't give a flying fuck wahat you think of my comments (most of which you didn't include in this post as you know they are right.)

As for your amazing ability to know my personality from an internet message board post, i'm not a miserable bastard apart from when i think about the tosspot ruining my club and then i do get miserable.

And i won't piss off to "moanville" if only for the reason that i hope to piss morons like you off on a regular basis by pointing out how shit the manager is. And try not making posts that sound like a text message and it might make you (not U) seem less thick.

7521[/snapback]

My sentiments entirely, well said Papa. Where do these Sourness supporters get their misguided loyalties, or is it truly just bad judgement.

why couldnt we have coped in europe this season.i'm not suggesting we'd have won it,but the quarter finals would have been easily attainble.look at the teams we've played in the earlier rounds the last couple of years.for all we are not at our best at the minute(a good forward would give us a good starting 16)the likes of breda,sochaux etc would still meet with similar results.

what are you talking about ?

We are out because he's destroying the team. In case you missed it, we DID reach the quarter finals, twice, with Bobby Robsons team.

I feel like I'm explaining ABC

what are you talking about ?

We are out because he's destroying the team. In case you missed it, we DID reach the quarter finals, twice, with Bobby Robsons team.

I feel like I'm explaining ABC

7647[/snapback]

aye...playing against teams who would struggle in the championship.

aye to west ham and the mackems(not a stroll but wins),blackburn will be a kickingfest and i wouldnt be surprised if the game was abandoned due to sendings off. ;)

7667[/snapback]

As it stands with the squad we have, predictably we are struggling, this was evident on wednesday night, we were in disarray apart from a few players. Now in your words "the UEFA is a worse than average league game until about the quarter finals" and we were beaten in the Intertoto over two legs by a team that did not qualify (neither did we) for the UEFA league.

So what is your point, that we are inferior.

Think REAL, what we have is a team and management structure which can be said to be "worse than average league team"

Your words say it all.

my words say that in general,in the earlier rounds of the uefa cup we dont come up against teams as good as depor.

breda,sochaux,djurgardens,zaljeznicar,panionios,all the type of poor team who i'd reckon we'd still beat even now.

your use of depor in that light is silly as you know the point i'm trying to make.

my words say that in general,in the earlier rounds of the uefa cup we dont come up against teams as good as depor.

breda,sochaux,djurgardens,zaljeznicar,panionios,all the type of poor team who i'd reckon we'd still beat even now.

your use of depor in that light is silly as you know the point i'm trying to make.

8099[/snapback]

The only thing thats silly is your complete inability to see the fuckup this man is making of our football club. He was happy enough to cite those teams you mention as part of an "unbeaten run" ...who does he think he is kidding...

Deportivo are the same as us, they have dived in the last 12 months or so. That is why they are in the intertoto and not the UEFA Cup proper. If we can't get through the first few rounds against teams that finish outside the UEFA qualifying spots on other countries what makes you think we will do better against teams who are currently better than them.

You are looking at Deportivos reputation over the last few years. You should look at Newcastles over the last few years, and compare it to now. That is how far things can go backwards, if you employ a shite manager like Souness.

Basically mate, what you say is a pile of shite. We are out, and weren't good enough. Stop burying your head in the sand. The team we had a year ago under a proper manager might have gone through, or not needed to use the intertoto to qualify in the first place.

And - if you are happy to accept such lower standards then you are a bigger arse than I thought.

Edited by LeazesMag