Shola so deluded.....

Guest Sima

From SkySports

Newcastle's Shola Ameobi says he is the man to replace Alan Shearer next season.

The former England Under-21 star is ready to take off the gloves in a bid to shed his nice-guy image and win the right to lead the line alongside Michael Owen in the Magpies attack.

Ameobi found the net for the third time this season during the 2-1 defeat of Aston Villa, and he revealed to The Times that he has consulted a sports psychologist in order to fire up his hunger.

"I’ve been too nice in the past because of my nature, and I need to be more aggressive," he admitted. "It will benefit me and the club if I can.

“I’m not saying I don’t give 100 per cent every time I step out onto the pitch, but I can improve.

"I’m naturally laid-back. I don’t get worked up about many things, but as a player you have to get yourself riled before a game and whatever it takes, you do it.

"Every player’s different. It has to come from within and, in the last four months, I’ve been seeing someone to try and focus my mind.

He continued: "Football is 70 percent in the head; we’re not here because we’re bad players. The big thing is the goals.

“We need a striker who can score and I’ve not done that as much as I would have liked in my career. I need to be scoring goals like Alan has done for ten years.

Yeah, sure Shola, whatever....

Guest CrimsonFault
From SkySports

Newcastle's Shola Ameobi says he is the man to replace Alan Shearer next season.

The former England Under-21 star is ready to take off the gloves in a bid to shed his nice-guy image and win the right to lead the line alongside Michael Owen in the Magpies attack.

Ameobi found the net for the third time this season during the 2-1 defeat of Aston Villa, and he revealed to The Times that he has consulted a sports psychologist in order to fire up his hunger.

"I’ve been too nice in the past because of my nature, and I need to be more aggressive," he admitted. "It will benefit me and the club if I can.

“I’m not saying I don’t give 100 per cent every time I step out onto the pitch, but I can improve.

"I’m naturally laid-back. I don’t get worked up about many things, but as a player you have to get yourself riled before a game and whatever it takes, you do it.

"Every player’s different. It has to come from within and, in the last four months, I’ve been seeing someone to try and focus my mind.

He continued: "Football is 70 percent in the head; we’re not here because we’re bad players. The big thing is the goals.

“We need a striker who can score and I’ve not done that as much as I would have liked in my career. I need to be scoring goals like Alan has done for ten years.

Yeah, sure Shola, whatever....

96583[/snapback]

Yuh, sure Sima, Solano is shite..

Guest CrimsonFault
Surely Shola has a career as a stand up?

EDIT: That would be ironic considering he spends half his time on the pitch on his arse.

96586[/snapback]

Except when he's tucking the mackems up in his back pocket.

Surely Shola has a career as a stand up?

EDIT: That would be ironic considering he spends half his time on the pitch on his arse.

96586[/snapback]

Except when he's tucking the mackems up in his back pocket.

96589[/snapback]

I could tuck the Mackem's in my back pocket

can't be a bad thing, even if it doesn't make him good enough fior us, it might make him good enough for us to offload, cos at the minute you couldn't give him away.