Newcastle v Southampton

Optimistic Nut

Dyer is having a f*cking stormer! Great play by Zoggy, mint finish by Dyer.

96774[/snapback]

It's strange, Dyer often gets (rightly) criticized for not scoring enough goals, but nearly everytime he plays up front he shows his scoring ability.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dyer is having a f*cking stormer! Great play by Zoggy, mint finish by Dyer.

96774[/snapback]

It's strange, Dyer often gets (rightly) criticized for not scoring enough goals, but nearly everytime he plays up front he shows his scoring ability.

96778[/snapback]

I'd like to see his goals per game ratio since last February. I reckon it'd be around 1 in 3-4.

Deserved to win that, overall we were the better side and it was good to see Dyer have such a great game!

How great would it have been if Luque had scored that free kick? :D Not on long enough to judge but was doing some cracking passes!

Excellent first half performance, very shaky second half though. Dyer looked good all along, solano was great in the first half but went missing in the second, n'zogbia was easily our best player. the rest had average games. Bramble and boumsong looked shaky at the back, so did the full backs at times.

The goal was great to watch, superb run from n'zogbia finished off very well buy dyer.

given pulled off another magnificient save in the second half. The man's a bloody legend :D

On the whole, im delighted we're through but that second half performance was far from convincing.

There was still a bit of "Souness" (but mainly last year) in it in that we started well but faded quite badly - I think the nerves haven't been totally quashed by the returning confidence but we're getting there.

Boumsong's lack of confidence and indecision is plain for all to see, even watching on tv i hold my breath when he's got a ball to deal with...you can feel the crowd waiting with baited breath!!!! :D

Edited by Toonraider

Boumsong - Liability

Elliott - Tried his best to get us playing route 1 again

Ramage - Liability going forward

Everyone else was pretty decent, Ameobi was his usualy self. Played some good stuff 1st half, played pretty shite 2nd half, thought Luque should have got more time on the pitch myself if not a place in the first 11.

We should have won much more than 1-0! From the amount of chances we had I reckon we could have scored atleast another 2 goals, but yet again we are let down by poor finishing. Still im not complaning! COM ON U MAGPIES!

During the summer we need to buy another striker, and sort out the defence.

Wondering what people thought of Parker's captaincy. Was never going to be easy.

At least it was good to see him pulling Emre out of that little argument...

96951[/snapback]

aye, that was a nice little moment. I think he did well, wasnt omnipresent, but showed quality when called upon. He gets my vote for next season.

Refreshing to see us play patient football in the first half and dominate possession, even if it was against limited opposition. Reckon we would have had 4 or 5 if Shearer and/or Owen had been playing.

Bumpong still a liability. His marking/ picking-up/ decision making is laughably bad. (well, it would be laughable if we hadn't been conned out of £8million).