Newcastle v Southampton

Optimistic Nut

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was a decent game to watch. We dominated the first half, and should really have been 2-o up by half time, but they came out a much better side in the second half, whilst we seemed to stumble a bit. We didn't use the wings as much as we should have done. I thought our goal came against the run of play, but after that we were back on top. I was a bit disappointed when their goalie went off, it seemed to be a bit 'shoot on sight' from then on, where as if we'd just taken our time and created some more proper chances, we could have got at least one more.

Still, all in all, a decent game to watch and the team's performance was OK.

I thought it was a decent game to watch. We dominated the first half, and should really have been 2-o up by half time, but they came out a much better side in the second half, whilst we seemed to stumble a bit. We didn't use the wings as much as we should have done. I thought our goal came against the run of play, but after that we were back on top. I was a bit disappointed when their goalie went off, it seemed to be a bit 'shoot on sight' from then on, where as if we'd just taken our time and created some more proper chances, we could have got at least one more.

Still, all in all, a decent game to watch and the team's performance was OK.

97018[/snapback]

the problem was we were shooting enough. All they needed to do was lob the ball into their box again and again and the makeshift goalkeeper would have crumbled. We had like 2 shots on goal when their keeper was off which was poor. He was standing on the 18 yard line. He could have easily have been lobbed.

I was one of the people shouting 'shoot' whenever anyone of ours got the ball :D

All they needed to do was lob the ball into their box again and again and the makeshift goalkeeper would have crumbled.

97026[/snapback]

exactly ... all they needed to do was run the flag up the flagpole and see if anyone salutes.

I couldn't see the crowd tbh for Hitzfeld banners, obviously the fan's favourite

97000[/snapback]

The Hitzfeld campaign was either subliminal, insignificantly small, or non-existent tonight.

97035[/snapback]

Having been overwhelmed by the presence of Hitzfeld propaganda at the game today, I think it's just been a figment of everyone's imagination :D

Edited by catmag

I couldn't see the crowd tbh for Hitzfeld banners, obviously the fan's favourite

97000[/snapback]

The Hitzfeld campaign was either subliminal, insignificantly small, or non-existent tonight.

97035[/snapback]

and so it should be. At the game it should really be about Newcastle United and the current coaching team rather than who is to come. It is better to have cheered for Newcastle tonight rather than Hitzfeld or any manager

all they needed to do was run the flag up the flagpole and see if anyone salutes.

97033[/snapback]

but no one ever does

I'm not sick but I'm not well

and I'm so hot cause I'm in hell

97039[/snapback]

Stop being so paranoid.

97000[/snapback]

97035[/snapback]

and so it should be. At the game it should really be about Newcastle United and the current coaching team rather than who is to come. It is better to have cheered for Newcastle tonight rather than Hitzfeld or any manager

97040[/snapback]

Agreed, but you wouldn't fucking dare say that on N-O or you'd have a 10 pager on your hands. :D

Thought Dyer did ok (great finish for the goal) but why is it he cannot hold a position?

When he plays wide right, he just drifts infield and today the number of times he ran 70 yards to take the ball off the feet of the centre backs, when he was supposed to be playing up front, was just stupid.

Thought Dyer did ok (great finish for the goal) but why is it he cannot hold a position?

When he plays wide right, he just drifts infield and today the number of times he ran 70 yards to take the ball off the feet of the centre backs, when he was supposed to be playing up front, was just stupid.

97070[/snapback]

I agree, there was one point where he had to run to the half way line to catch up with N'Zogbia! he was supposed to be playing off the striker but was making a run from defence!

97070[/snapback]

He's doing what the manager asked him to do.

I actually thought George Burley managed them very well today. He played one system in the first half which sucked our players into one way of playing and completely changed it in the 2nd half and might have got a result. Still think it's a shame we didnt move SBR to director of football and bring George in as Manager.