Chelsea Game Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

2 hours ago, Ugly Mackems said:

When Bruce goes....

Does anyone think it'll noticeably improve? 

Depends who takes over but it’s not exactly a huge leap of faith to assume a competent manager could do better with that squad 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Isegrim said:

Bruce will moan about those misses ignoring the fact that Chelsea missed even more. Game should have finished 2-6 at best.

He did,and threw in his injury excuse because we had two missing.Maybe I heard it wrong but he might have said we may have been a little too defensive in the first half.

6 hours ago, Chaser said:

When does this rubbish end? Choices below

1. When Brucey goes

2. When the fans come back

3. When Ashley goes

4. When we turn off the TV.

5. When the ”big 6” let us.

Short term I've elected 4. It'll do for now. 

We have to play WBA and Fulham before Christmas.I wouldn’t put money on us beating those two.

17 hours ago, Tom said:

wOrK iN pRoGress

:lol: I didn’t bother watching as I knew it would be a complete and utter pathetic performance. I assume the issue here is still that we all expect to be winning the Champions League? 

Bruce is a fucking shambles of a manager, he was quite honestly clueless and the game had past him by 10 years ago, let alone nowadays. Big picture nothing fucking changes until Ashley fucks off since Bruce is only a symptom of having this owner, next man up will be some other dinosaur of the game, sadly it looks like we’re depending on the court proceedings in Ashley’s case against the PL or we’re stuck together. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 2

On 21/11/2020 at 21:42, Ugly Mackems said:

Exactly. He could and should have been back last Monday or Tuesday at the latest. 

I think that, as he was in a FIFA sanctioned international break, his national team had control and required him to remain, so complain about him if you will, he may we have had no say in the matter.  Nor did the club, for that matter.

Any 'journalist' or social media commentor (same thing these days) who still suggests that Bruce is doing a good job here should be made to watch the entirity of this game and then re-state their 'expert' opinion.

Once again a case of a team that wholly believes they're second best, don't give a crap and are therefore beaten before the game starts. Hayden clearly not giving a fuck, throwing himself around with terrible tackles whilst on a yellow. Should have been given a second and sent to an early shower, the fact the ref didn't probably shows he felt a bit sorry for how terrible we were. 

• Like 1

"We had one or two opportunities but didn't take them. Maybe in the first half we were a little too deep at times. They're a very, very good side and like I said, when you go high up the pitch, they can really hurt you.

"There will always be grumbles. We had some important players missing. But Chelsea are a very good team. We had three good opportunities, and against the big teams, you've got to take them.

"That's the fifth time we've been one down with five or 10 minutes played and we have to address that.

"I'm frustrated because we can't get a result. I make no excuses but we've played three of the top six in the last few weeks.

"Second-half, there was a lot of pleasing points. But, make no mistake, it was a very difficult afternoon."

You just know that when Steve Bruce says 'I make no excuses' that he's milliseconds away from trying to make an excuse.

• Haha 5

10 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

I think that, as he was in a FIFA sanctioned international break, his national team had control and required him to remain, so complain about him if you will, he may we have had no say in the matter.  Nor did the club, for that matter.

You can believe that if you want to. 

If you watched the Liverpool match yesterday you will have seen just how important a good (exceptional in their case) manager is.  They were without Van Dyke, Alexander Arnold, Gomez, Thiago, Henderson and Salah all of whom would probably be first choice for them as well as Oxlade Chamberlin who's there or there abouts and they absolutely wiped the floor with Leicester.  That's Leicester who are in the top four, had won their last 6 in all competitions and have been talked about as champions league place contenders.  

Klopp has Liverpool drilled perfectly.  Of course Bruce doesn't have anything like the quality of player at his disposal as Klopp but when they had so many top class players unavailable it barely made a difference to them at all despite starting with two midfielders in defence and a 19 year old in midfield who's only had a handful of cup games previously for experience.

Anyone who thinks getting rid of Bruce would make no difference needs to have a word with themselves.  The man is fucking useless as we all knew from the start.  Admittedly we can't rely on Ashley to replace him with anyone of quality but it's becoming more and more difficult to see where he could find anyone worse than Bruce.

• Like 6

17 hours ago, David Kelly said:

If you watched the Liverpool match yesterday you will have seen just how important a good (exceptional in their case) manager is.  They were without Van Dyke, Alexander Arnold, Gomez, Thiago, Henderson and Salah all of whom would probably be first choice for them as well as Oxlade Chamberlin who's there or there abouts and they absolutely wiped the floor with Leicester.  That's Leicester who are in the top four, had won their last 6 in all competitions and have been talked about as champions league place contenders.  

Klopp has Liverpool drilled perfectly.  Of course Bruce doesn't have anything like the quality of player at his disposal as Klopp but when they had so many top class players unavailable it barely made a difference to them at all despite starting with two midfielders in defence and a 19 year old in midfield who's only had a handful of cup games previously for experience.

Anyone who thinks getting rid of Bruce would make no difference needs to have a word with themselves.  The man is fucking useless as we all knew from the start.  Admittedly we can't rely on Ashley to replace him with anyone of quality but it's becoming more and more difficult to see where he could find anyone worse than Bruce.

That’s the worry. He’d probably replace him with Howard Wilkinson or David Pleat

• Haha 1

If the takeover doesn’t happen, the chances of which are slimmer than Lena Zavaroni, I’d put good money on Pulis being our next bloke to pull us out of the Championship after Bruce inevitably relegates us. 

( On a side note, I delivered goods and comestibles to Emil Krafththfth today- big lad, likes his broccoli. 
His Mrs has gone “in the bank”, too :lol:). 

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

( On a side note, I delivered goods and comestibles to Emil Krafththfth today- big lad, likes his broccoli. 
His Mrs has gone “in the bank”, too :lol:). 

I seem to remember Andreas Andersson did all right for himself too. Our Swedish scouting team clearly has its eyes on things off the pitch. :lol: 

• Haha 2