Liverpool Fans

catmag

Just reading in the paper this morning about a contingent of the Liverpool fans singing Reina's praises after the tackle with Smith which resulted in his horrible injury Along the lines of..

"Heyyyy Reina, I wanna know how you broke his leg"

I know they maybe didn't realise the severity of the injury at the time but it's pretty sad :rolleyes: Some of the pictures of Smith's ankle in the papers this morning are horrible. Hope it's not career-threatening :D

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here!

Liverpool's fans added insult to injury by singing a sickening song mocking the stricken midfielder as he lay on the Anfield turf. Kop boss Rafa Benitez refused to condemn the fans who taunted Smith. Benitez said: "We're very sorry for Alan Smith. We wish him good luck in his recovery.

"As a manager you never want to see any player injured and it has made it hard for us to enjoy this victory.

"I don't know about any chants by the crowd. I don't understand everything they sing, so all I can really talk about is the game."

Smith crumpled in agony after he blocked John Arne Riise's shot and landed awkwardly.

That's from the Sunday Mirror, but it's in the Mail aswell.

Okay, okay - I got my player wrong!!!  :D

It was more the chant I was referring to - you pedantic barrrstards!

97164[/snapback]

In fairness, I think if they were chanting that about Riise, it was the fact that he'd smacked the ball hard enough to break his leg than anything. ie they were more taking the piss than being malicious. Those cheeky scousers do have a reputation to uphold, like.

Here!

Liverpool's fans added insult to injury by singing a sickening song mocking the stricken midfielder as he lay on the Anfield turf. Kop boss Rafa Benitez refused to condemn the fans who taunted Smith. Benitez said: "We're very sorry for Alan Smith. We wish him good luck in his recovery.

"As a manager you never want to see any player injured and it has made it hard for us to enjoy this victory.

"I don't know about any chants by the crowd. I don't understand everything they sing, so all I can really talk about is the game."

Smith crumpled in agony after he blocked John Arne Riise's shot and landed awkwardly.

97165[/snapback]

I don't think articles like that help, why didn't they mention:

Yeah I thought that was a bit silly, but to be fair to the scousers...they did applaud him as he went off.

Regardless of whether they applauded him off or not, from the second he went down and the reaction of the players it was obvious that it was a really serious injury. I know I personally wouldn't take the opportunity to sing a song about him having a broken leg, and I think you'd have to be a bit of a wanker to do it tbh.

Regardless of whether they applauded him off or not, from the second he went down and the reaction of the players it was obvious that it was a really serious injury.  I know I personally wouldn't take the opportunity to sing a song about him having a broken leg, and I think you'd have to be a bit of a wanker to do it tbh.

97173[/snapback]

I agree with the sentiment, although I think it's a bit harsh.

The article is inciteful, and that hatred adds to the shite being sung in the stands.

Regardless of whether they applauded him off or not, from the second he went down and the reaction of the players it was obvious that it was a really serious injury.  I know I personally wouldn't take the opportunity to sing a song about him having a broken leg, and I think you'd have to be a bit of a wanker to do it tbh.

97173[/snapback]

The article is inciteful, and that hatred adds to the shite being sung in the stands.

97176[/snapback]

It happened, so it's being reported. There are other articles which do mention the fact he was applauded off. I just don't have time to trawl through every papers website and post the ferking lot of them to balance out my post.

There were fans that delighted in chanting about a horrific injury - I think that's pretty shit and not something I would do. Therefore I thought I'd post it.

It happened, so it's being reported.  There are other articles which do mention the fact he was applauded off.  I just don't have time to trawl through every papers website and post the ferking lot of them to balance out my post.

There were fans that delighted in chanting about a horrific injury - I think that's pretty shit and not something I would do.  Therefore I thought I'd post it.

97177[/snapback]

And I was discussing it, not having a go at you. :D

Here!

97165[/snapback]

Yeah I thought that was a bit silly, but to be fair to the scousers...they did applaud him as he went off.

97170[/snapback]

Well, at least they didn't add "they nicked his wallet and pissed on him" this time...

A story about the majority of respectful Liverpoolfans wouldn't make as a good headline as one about the misbehaving minority. That's tabloids for you.

97173[/snapback]

97176[/snapback]

It happened, so it's being reported. There are other articles which do mention the fact he was applauded off. I just don't have time to trawl through every papers website and post the ferking lot of them to balance out my post.

There were fans that delighted in chanting about a horrific injury - I think that's pretty shit and not something I would do. Therefore I thought I'd post it.

97177[/snapback]

sadly, even some of our own seem to take delight in smiths awful injury :D (read scouser v man u thread)

Well, at least they didn't add "they nicked his wallet and pissed on him" this time...

A story about the majority of respectful Liverpoolfans wouldn't make as a good headline as one about the misbehaving minority. That's tabloids for you.

97188[/snapback]

The point I was trying to make tbh.

I'll just assume it's catmag's time of the month, in her absence. :D

Here!

97165[/snapback]

97170[/snapback]

97188[/snapback]

We applauded the Southampton keeper off yesterday. I wouldn't expect any newspaper to pat me on the back for it, because it's not a story - I kind of take stuff like that for granted. If I'd heard songs sung about his injuries I would have unfortunately expected to see that in the papers.

97173[/snapback]

97176[/snapback]

97177[/snapback]

sadly, even some of our own seem to take delight in smiths awful injury :D (read scouser v man u thread)

97189[/snapback]

I don't take any delight in his injury but have always disliked the player and felt that he has been very violent in the past. I am just not hypocritical enough to go poor Alan Smith I hope he gets better when I don't. He is a Man U player a team I despise. And as a person I think he is an odious little runt. He has millions he wont be ruined by this. I will not be bothered one jot if he never plays again.

Edited by Kevin Carr's Gloves

Certainly were some distressing happenings yesterday.

Seeing Alan Smith's injury was bad enough but it was even worse before kick-off when the paramedics were desperately working on the chap in the East Stand paddock. It didn't look good at all for him and apparently the same happened outside Shearer's bar.

97188[/snapback]

The point I was trying to make tbh.

I'll just assume it's catmag's time of the month, in her absence. :rolleyes:

97193[/snapback]

:D

You're gonna get spifflicated! :angry:

How would the bin-dippers have reacted if the Blackburn fans had made the same sort of noises when Cisse broke his leg last year...

If there are fans who did that, there's no place in football for them!

Seeing Alan Smith's injury was bad enough but it was even worse before kick-off when the paramedics were desperately working on the chap in the East Stand paddock. It didn't look good at all for him and apparently the same happened outside Shearer's bar.

97197[/snapback]

Eh? Did someone collapse at the ground? I didn't hear about this.

We applauded the Southampton keeper off yesterday.  I wouldn't expect any newspaper to pat me on the back for it, because it's not a story - I kind of take stuff like that for granted.  If I'd heard songs sung about his injuries I would have unfortunately expected to see that in the papers.

97195[/snapback]

Like the attitude of some football fans? :D

97197[/snapback]

Eh? Did someone collapse at the ground? I didn't hear about this.

97201[/snapback]

i read the same thing happened at an Ipswich match other day..apparantely he was worked on for ages by the paramedics and did survive......brings football into perspective really.