Liverpool Fans

catmag

I saw an ambulance outside the East Stand as I was coming in. Very sad. I remember coming into the ground a while ago and there was a kid at the bottom of the stairs caked in blood with two paramedics seeing to him. Must have falling down the stairs. Ouch!

97769[/snapback]

You would have thought their priority would have been to attend to his wounds. Sick!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering....am I allowed to mention today's reports that a gang of scouse idiots attacked with bottles and stones the ambulance carrying Alan Smith to hospital? Or will that offend certain people's sensibilities? ;)

Just to make it perfectly clear in advance, yes I DO know that they applauded him off the pitch, and I WOULD post this story if it had happened in Newcastle. :P

Heard that this morning - fucking disgrace if it's true and going by the fact that Liverpool FC have condemned it, I can only presume it did actually happen.

Heard that this morning - fucking disgrace if it's true and going by the fact that Liverpool FC have condemned it, I can only presume it did actually happen.

99571[/snapback]

Who did it though, and why are LFC condemning it? Presumably not the fans because they would have been in the stadium.

I heard this story and TalkShite this morning but frankly I don't believe a word they say. Anyone got a link to a credible source?

99571[/snapback]

Who did it though, and why are LFC condemning it? Presumably not the fans because they would have been in the stadium.

99621[/snapback]

That's bordering on a sooperfan type comment...

It is more than possible for fans of Liverpool to have been outside the stadium at the time Smith was moved you know - or are you claiming they only have 45,000 fans? ;)

Just wondering....am I allowed to mention today's reports that a gang of scouse idiots attacked with bottles and stones the ambulance carrying Alan Smith to hospital?  Or will that offend certain people's sensibilities? ;)

Just to make it perfectly clear in advance, yes I DO know that they applauded him off the pitch, and I WOULD post this story if it had happened in Newcastle. :P

99570[/snapback]

Bottles of well-wishes and stones of love tbh.

99571[/snapback]

99621[/snapback]

That's bordering on a sooperfan type comment...

It is more than possible for fans of Liverpool to have been outside the stadium at the time Smith was moved you know - or are you claiming they only have 45,000 fans? ;)

99623[/snapback]

Righto, that's a sooperfan comment is it? LFC should only be reponsible for the fans in the ground - anyone outside could be, well, anyone. Members of the public, Everton fans, charvers, etc, etc.

Is there a link for this story yet? Would be interesting to know when it allegedly happened.

Why you being so defensive on this issue Renton? You started off defending the pricks in the ground who continued singing that song even when it was obvious to all and sundry that Smith was very seriously injured.

People in glass houses and all that, but we've had some serious trouble at home this season as well with the arseholes who decided it was soopafan to attack the mackems and the coppers on Barrick Rd after the derby.

99630[/snapback]

I don't see why any Newcastle fan should feel guilty for the actions of another, equally so this shouldn't reflect on Liverpool fans. The blokes who did it, in both cases, should just be dealt with.

Why you being so defensive on this issue Renton? You started off defending the pricks in the ground who continued singing that song even when it was obvious to all and sundry that Smith was very seriously injured.

99635[/snapback]

Glad you brought this up. I'm being defensive for three reasons.

Firstly, I suspect this is shit stirring by the tabloids. You say it was obvious how badly injured Smith was, well it is if you can see him in close up on TV, but not at the ground. And as I said, there were no audible chants on Sky.

Secondly, I don't like it when a group of footbal fans are demonised, and I have a particular soft spot for Liverpool. I went to Uni there and consequently met many scouse Liverpool supporting friends. There was never any problem with supporting NUFC, even in the Kop. For the most part I think they are genuinely good fans and I happen to think there is a good relationship between us.

Thirdly, even if it was sung, so what? I have heard much worse at SJP and on our travels, I'm not keen that football should be sanitized any more than it is already.

Obviously, if the ambulance was attacked then that is shocking, but I'm not sure if football fans should be held accountable for it, more likely scally bastards (which unfortunately are common in Liverpool like our own charvers).

Smith ambulance attack condemned

Manchester United and Liverpool have issued a joint statement condemning the fans who attacked the ambulance taking Alan Smith to hospital at the weekend.

Smith, 25, suffered a broken leg and a dislocated ankle during United's 1-0 FA Cup defeat at Anfield.

The clubs' statement read: "These people aren't real fans of football.

"The actions of a few idiots should not overshadow the efforts of all involved to make sure Alan received the best treatment as soon as possible."

Reports in several newspapers on Thursday claimed the ambulance was surrounded by people who threw stones and bottles at it and even tried to rock it from side to side.

The two paramedics - both Liverpool fans - were described as being "horrified" by the hostility shown once the culprits realised the occupants of the ambulance were Alan Smith and Manchester United's club doctor Mike Stone.

A spokesman for the Merseyside ambulance trust confirmed the attack: "It did not result in any delay in transferring the player to hospital but the trust cannot condone this type of behaviour while administering emergency treatment."

Smith, who later underwent surgery on the injury, was given a general anaesthetic before he left the stadium so was not aware of the attack on the ambulance.

Les Lawson, secretary of the Merseyside branch of the official Liverpool Supporters' Club, told BBC Radio Five Live: "The Liverpool supporters who were actually inside the ground gave Alan Smith a standing ovation as he left the field.

"As far as I am concerned, the people who attacked the ambulance are not genuine Liverpool supporters because you just don't do that sort of thing.

"You never know when you are going to need the paramedics yourself or for a member of your family, so how would they feel if mindless idiots came out and tried to shake an ambulance and throw missiles.

"These are just not genuine football fans. Words just fail you really.

"I don't think the relationship between the two sets of fans will ever improve really because there is a great rivalry and the fans just don't like each other," he added.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...utd/4742360.stm

Even the official supporters club are suggesting it was Liverpool fans. They'd be the first group to deny it had anything to do with their 'own' if there was even a shread of doubt...

Smith ambulance attack condemned

Manchester United and Liverpool have issued a joint statement condemning the fans who attacked the ambulance taking Alan Smith to hospital at the weekend.

Smith, 25, suffered a broken leg and a dislocated ankle during United's 1-0 FA Cup defeat at Anfield.

The clubs' statement read: "These people aren't real fans of football.

"The actions of a few idiots should not overshadow the efforts of all involved to make sure Alan received the best treatment as soon as possible."

Reports in several newspapers on Thursday claimed the ambulance was surrounded by people who threw stones and bottles at it and even tried to rock it from side to side.

The two paramedics - both Liverpool fans - were described as being "horrified" by the hostility shown once the culprits realised the occupants of the ambulance were Alan Smith and Manchester United's club doctor Mike Stone.

A spokesman for the Merseyside ambulance trust confirmed the attack: "It did not result in any delay in transferring the player to hospital but the trust cannot condone this type of behaviour while administering emergency treatment."

Smith, who later underwent surgery on the injury, was given a general anaesthetic before he left the stadium so was not aware of the attack on the ambulance.

Les Lawson, secretary of the Merseyside branch of the official Liverpool Supporters' Club, told BBC Radio Five Live: "The Liverpool supporters who were actually inside the ground gave Alan Smith a standing ovation as he left the field.

"As far as I am concerned, the people who attacked the ambulance are not genuine Liverpool supporters because you just don't do that sort of thing.

"You never know when you are going to need the paramedics yourself or for a member of your family, so how would they feel if mindless idiots came out and tried to shake an ambulance and throw missiles.

"These are just not genuine football fans. Words just fail you really.

"I don't think the relationship between the two sets of fans will ever improve really because there is a great rivalry and the fans just don't like each other," he added.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...utd/4742360.stm

Even the official supporters club are suggesting it was Liverpool fans. They'd be the first group to deny it had anything to do with their 'own' if there was even a shread of doubt...

99649[/snapback]

Craig, the bit you bolded was spot on, it wasn't genuine football fans, just dickheads. Liverpool and Newcastle have many similarities, the charver culture being one of them unfortunately. I got the metro back from the match last night for the first time in months and it was prettty scary how many scumbags were on it. I'll be using the car again on Saturday.

Course if it was Chelsea, Man Utd or Arsenal fans, they'd be scum wouldn't they Renton? ;)

99651[/snapback]

The people who attacked the ambulance were scum, without a doubt. I'm a bit more ambivalent about fans who may have sung a song and hurt poor Alan's feelings though.

Btw, I have no problem with ManU fans, know many and they are all canny. Arsenal and Chelsea fans have always seemed OK to me too. Stop talking shite man. :P

Thirdly, even if it was sung, so what? I have heard much worse at SJP and on our travels, I'm not keen that football should be sanitized any more than it is already.

99646[/snapback]

red-cvr.jpg

?

Your editor must be in tears. ;)