Liverpool Fans

catmag

Thirdly, even if it was sung, so what? I have heard much worse at SJP and on our travels, I'm not keen that football should be sanitized any more than it is already.

99646[/snapback]

Your editor must be in tears. ;)

99656[/snapback]

;)

Genuinely lost me Dotbum. If it's the z spelling, well unfortunately that's editorial policy. :P

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

;)  No, it's me being a dyslexic idiot, I read it as satinized, ie demonised. :P

But yes, US spelling, tut tut.

99659[/snapback]

Well, yes, I have had countless discussions trying to get us to use "ised" instead of "ized" but to no avail. Obviously it's affecting my internet writing now. Apparently though "ized" is the true English variant though, which the American's have correctly adopted, so now you know!

The "not proper fans" line that gets trotted out on these occasions bemuses me. Are arseholes unable to be supporters. It's as if saying that their "not proper fans" is meant to deter people from doing that sort of thing more than the fact you'd be a vile individual if you even considered it.

Whether chucking cups of shit, taunting Smith as he lay with his leg in bits or pelting his ambulance, whether they're season ticket holding soopafans or not, they're just cunts.

The "not proper fans" line that gets trotted out on these occasions bemuses me.  Are arseholes unable to be supporters.  It's as if saying that their "not proper fans" is meant to deter people from doing that sort of thing more than the fact you'd be a vile individual if you even considered it.

Whether chucking cups of shit, taunting Smith as he lay with his leg in bits or pelting his ambulance, whether they're season ticket holding soopafans or not, they're just cunts.

99666[/snapback]

\o/

Renton's looking for a long-haired lover from Liverpool tbh.

99672[/snapback]

;)

99673[/snapback]

Certainly explains his defensiveness following my inital posts in this thread. He's a closet Scouser!! Ey ey ey ey ey ey ey ey....... caaaaaaaaaalm down ahhh kid!!!

As a Manc so correctly observed prior to the FA Cup game on Saturday, people from Manchester love their city and enjoy living there. People from Liverpool leave and then go on about how much they love Liverpool.

As a Manc so correctly observed prior to the FA Cup game on Saturday, people from Manchester love their city and enjoy living there. People from Liverpool leave and then go on about how much they love Liverpool.

99689[/snapback]

;)

Sorry Alex, that's bitter manc bollocks actually. Obviously a lot of scousers have had to move from Liverpool, the same as have had to move from all northern cities including Newcastle and Manchester.

I've spent a lot of time in both cities (although admittedly I haven't been to Manchester in a while) and I would have to say Liverpool is the superior city in many ways. Certainly I don't think there would be any more reason for a manc to love and stay in Manchester than for a scouser to do the same in Liverpool. Plus I know plenty of scousers who would never consider leaving the city. Basically both cities are much of a muchness really.

99689[/snapback]

;)

Sorry Alex, that's bitter manc bollocks actually. Obviously a lot of scousers have had to move from Liverpool, the same as have had to move from all northern cities including Newcastle and Manchester.

I've spent a lot of time in both cities (although admittedly I haven't been to Manchester in a while) and I would have to say Liverpool is the superior city in many ways. Certainly I don't think there would be any more reason for a manc to love and stay in Manchester than for a scouser to do the same in Liverpool. Plus I know plenty of scousers who would never consider leaving the city. Basically both cities are much of a muchness really.

99696[/snapback]

scouse.gif

tbh

99689[/snapback]

;)

99696[/snapback]

scouse.gif

tbh

99699[/snapback]

:P

Nice one la!

99689[/snapback]

;)

99699[/snapback]

I believe of all English cities Liverpool has had the highest rates of people moving away from it since the 1960's.

99689[/snapback]

;)

99699[/snapback]

I believe of all English cities Liverpool has had the highest rates of people moving away from it since the 1960's.

99704[/snapback]

Might be true although I doubt it is much worse than here. If so the reasons would be the same - unemployment and industrial decline forcing people out. Also iirc Liverpool was the only northern city with a growing population at the last census.

Actually, while were on the subject of distasteful football chants, can I just say it pisses me off when we sing "you'll never get a job" etc. I wouldn't mind it once but it gets ridiculous when it's repeated 30 times at away matches. Newcastle has historically had near identical problems. Freedom of speech, banter, and all that but sometimes people should think more about what they are singing. More offensive than the alleged Alan Smith chant to me tbh.

"Liverpool slums" makes me cringe but I still find it puzzling why you continue to defend the pricks who sang long after it was clear Smith was badly injured. That's canny sick imo. Then again, you've already explained you're pro-Liverpool bias.

99689[/snapback]

;)

99699[/snapback]

99704[/snapback]

Might be true although I doubt it is much worse than here. If so the reasons would be the same - unemployment and industrial decline forcing people out. Also iirc Liverpool was the only northern city with a growing population at the last census.

Actually, while were on the subject of distasteful football chants, can I just say it pisses me off when we sing "you'll never get a job" etc. I wouldn't mind it once but it gets ridiculous when it's repeated 30 times at away matches. Newcastle has historically had near identical problems. Freedom of speech, banter, and all that but sometimes people should think more about what they are singing. More offensive than the alleged Alan Smith chant to me tbh.

99707[/snapback]

Does the Mayor of Liverpool have pictures of you with a goat or something?

"Liverpool slums" makes me cringe but I still find it puzzling why you continue to defend the pricks who sang long after it was clear Smith was badly injured. That's canny sick imo. Then again, you've already explained you're pro-Liverpool bias.

99708[/snapback]

Well I wouldn't do it myself and I'm not defending them but it really doesn't bother me. As you say I'm biased though and I accept that. I also have never liked Smith which doesn't help.

"Greater Manchester and Merseyside, in particular Manchester, Liverpool and Wirral, have seen the largest population decrease since 1991. However, some areas have gained population - Eden, Vale Royal, Congleton & Crewe and Nantwich have all increased by more than five per cent."

From the Office of National Statistics. Shows that Manc may well have been bitter and talking shite but more importantly it shows Renton was making it up when he said Liverpool was the only northern city with a growing population at the last census.

;)

Linky

"Greater Manchester and Merseyside, in particular Manchester, Liverpool and Wirral, have seen the largest population decrease since 1991. However, some areas have gained population - Eden, Vale Royal, Congleton & Crewe and Nantwich have all increased by more than five per cent."

From the Office of National Statistics. Shows that Manc may well have been bitter and talking shite but more importantly it shows Renton was making it up when he said Liverpool was the only northern city with a growing population at the last census.

;)

Linky

99720[/snapback]

Obviously irci. :P

;)

Linky

99720[/snapback]

Obviously irci. :P

99724[/snapback]

In fairness, it shows the Manc was talking patter like. It must be a north-western trait you picked up in your time there B)

;)