Owl man’s Palace vs Cabbage Man’s United

Tom

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

It’s actually been decent performance compared to recent games, which says a lot 

At half time it felt like we'd had loads of possession for once, turns out I'm just conditioned to us having next to none as we still had only had 42%.

• Haha 1

Just now, Ugly Mackems said:

Good job I had me crisp £5 note on Wilson. 

That had nowts each written all over it! 

Two bang average teams mind but we're top half. 

What will I invest my winning on? 

You could buy yourself a Joelinton. If you get a fair price you will be able to buy yourself a beer as well.

That was by Bruce's recent standards not the worst even though it was a terrible game. At least we actually showed some attacking intent, even though Joelinton's finishing is about as good as my painting in the spare room. In fairness to Joelinton he does look like he could be a decent hard working foil to Wilson at the very least. We just need most of the actual chances to fall to Wilson. We'd be absolutely fucked if we hadn't bought Wilson. I suppose it's a bit obvious to say that you need at least one good finisher at your club, but that point has seemed to bypass Ashley at certain points in his tenure. Onwards to mid-table obscurity hopefully, with the faint hope of a takeover preventing full on despair with the situation at the club.

:lol: He’s such a nob. So what is his point there? That Joelinton is as good as ASM? Because if it is he’s even more clueless about a sport that he literally follows for work than I thought. I assume he’s just looking for an angle to back the bloke whose arse he’s kissing after Bruces nonsense about how he was going to drop ASM. 

Shite game, two shite sides, but we have Callum Wilson and good strikers tend to be the difference in games like that. Good we got a result but we just can’t continue playing like this and have it be sustainable, we have to start to at least try to control games even in spells, there’s absolutely nothing to fear against poor sides like Crystal Palace with equally as past it managers like Hodgson. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Joelinton is incapable of putting his laces though a football. He shanked every shot he had tonight off his instep, the fucking £40mil galoot!

But nee mind, getting that goal will bring him loads of confidence and 'e'll start banging 'em in from all 'owa now, you just watch n see. The football pundits told me so.

They also confirmed what we all, I think, deep down know; Bruce has the club moving in the right direction. Combine those two indisputable facts and we're bound for not just Europe, but European glory.

The best part of the pundits being utter arseholes like they are at the moment is if we all started saying Bruce was fucking mint, and we were destined for Europe, they’d be going to lengths to prove how wank and unsustainable the football is and saying we’re all deluded. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Howay said:

:lol: He’s such a nob. So what is his point there? That Joelinton is as good as ASM? Because if it is he’s even more clueless about a sport that he literally follows for work than I thought. I assume he’s just looking for an angle to back the bloke whose arse he’s kissing after Bruces nonsense about how he was going to drop ASM. 

Shite game, two shite sides, but we have Callum Wilson and good strikers tend to be the difference in games like that. Good we got a result but we just can’t continue playing like this and have it be sustainable, we have to start to at least try to control games even in spells, there’s absolutely nothing to fear against poor sides like Crystal Palace with equally as past it managers like Hodgson. 

He’s absolutely tragic like. He’s so ‘happy’ about things his first instinct on a Friday night is to head to Twitter looking for bites. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Joelinton is incapable of putting his laces though a football. He shanked every shot he had tonight off his instep, the fucking £40mil galoot!

Didn’t get to watch the first half properly but what I did see of the match he had about 4 occasions where a decent connection should’ve at least seen the goalkeeper having to make a good save and, including the goal, he scuffed every one of them. Lovely bit of link up with Wilson for the first goal though I suppose. But if he didn’t cost £40m we wouldn’t even be talking about him as that’s the only reason he’s getting games 

37 minutes ago, Alex said:

He’s absolutely tragic like. He’s so ‘happy’ about things his first instinct on a Friday night is to head to Twitter looking for bites. 

Genuinely baffling that his employer see him posting complete bollocks when ripped to the tits on wine and seemingly don’t say anything. Not like he’s getting clicks

• Like 1