Hitzfeld NOT new NUFC manager - Shepherd

smoggeordie

The leaked dossier and betting syndicate stuff has simply been added to what Shepherd is alleged to have already said during the week. 

Considering this story has come from "The People" and the quote about not approaching or intending to approach are identical to the ones that McCarthy said during the week on sky i would think this is just a rehashed story.

97258[/snapback]

But surely you cannot just wrongly attribute quotes like these?

"It is highly organised and designed to make people a lot of money.

"There was even a 'leaked' full colour brochure doing the rounds in Newcastle which laid out Ottmar Hitzfeld's CV and his record as a manager.

"It's amazing the lengths people will go to to start a rumour which means they can bet for or against a certain person getting the job.

"But I can state here and now that there has been no approach to Hitzfeld and there are no plans to approach him.

Unless there is some betting syndicate infiltrating Sky Sports, Shepherd said all that and is thicker than I could have ever imagined.

I bet light bends around the arrogant steak juggler. :D

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shows that Shepherd obviously doesn't read the press or watch the local news as it's been displayed all over there....

Which is even more concerning! :D

97252[/snapback]

I know Gemmill joked about it earlier but I wonder if N-O going down is connected? Shepherd managed to get the old board shut down after all for publishing a fixture list by snitching to the hosters (sorry I'm not up to speed with the correct technical jargon!). It shows how petty he is.

97256[/snapback]

don't think so...

Looks like we've having a few minor problems with the message board (again). Don't forget that the temp board is still there for you all to post on  http://newcastleonline.proboards61.com/index.cgi"

If your not already signed up for the temp board then you will have to sign up before posting as it doesn't have the same details as the usual one.

But fear not we are currently working on the problem with the message board and hope to have it up and running again soon.

I'm being thick here. What good would it do for a betting syndicate to just bring down the odds on certain managers? :D

It has happened a few times over the past few weeks that rumours have flashed around for Coleman and Hoddle etc and while Hoddle was a joke put around by Wolves fans and I think others like Coleman are probably just bookies trying to get easy money off people, how would it help a syndicate to very slowly bring Hitzfelds odds down?

There has been no reports of big four figure bets on him like there have been with O'Niell and Scolari so what the hell would they win if they did manage to persude FS?

The fat man is freaking paranoid. :rolleyes:

I'm being thick here. What good would it do for a betting syndicate to just bring down the odds on certain managers?  :D

It has happened a few times over the past few weeks that rumours have flashed around for Coleman and Hoddle etc and while Hoddle was a joke put around by Wolves fans and I think others like Coleman are probably just bookies trying to get easly money off of people, how would it help a syndicate to very slowly bring Hitzfelds odds down.

There has been no reports of big four figure bets on him like there have been with O'Niell and Scolari so what the hell would they win if they did manage to persude FS?

97284[/snapback]

Is he not suggesting money has been piled on Hitzfeld and that there's now a concerted effort to get him in so they get payed out?

...and Hoddle was just a typo on F365.

"It's amazing the lengths people will go to to start a rumour which means they can bet for or against a certain person getting the job."

Newsflash! We unlike you do not use this club just to make money you jackass!

I'm being thick here. What good would it do for a betting syndicate to just bring down the odds on certain managers?  :D

It has happened a few times over the past few weeks that rumours have flashed around for Coleman and Hoddle etc and while Hoddle was a joke put around by Wolves fans and I think others like Coleman are probably just bookies trying to get easly money off of people, how would it help a syndicate to very slowly bring Hitzfelds odds down.

97284[/snapback]

Is he not suggesting money has been piled on Hitzfeld and that there's now a concerted effort to get him in so they get payed out?

97287[/snapback]

TBH I dont have a great idea how these things work, but if money was being piled on the the market for Hizfeld, betting would be suspended and often the bookies would come out with the reasons why ie. Scolari got a five grand bet off some bloke in Scotland and Coleman got backed from Cardiff and then soon after in London. Hitzfelds odds have never dropped as sharply which suggests a steady stream of smaller bets but no high bets being built and no Syndicate betting.

As for Hoddle...

http://www.wolves.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=9556

97284[/snapback]

97287[/snapback]

TBH I dont have a great idea how these things work, but if money was being piled on the the market for Hizfeld, betting would be suspended and often the bookies would come out with the reasons why ie. Scolari got a five grand bet off some bloke in Scotland and Coleman got backed from Cardiff and then soon after in London. Hitzfelds odds have never dropped as sharply which suggests a steady stream of smaller bets but no high bets being built and no Syndicate betting.

As for Hoddle...

http://www.wolves.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=9556

97299[/snapback]

TBH I agree. But Shepherd's a barnpot so he spouts unmitigated drivell.

As for Hoddle, fair enough. Though I think they're giving themselves too much credit. He was never favourite and the 'rumour' was generally laughed off. I thought it left Wolves looking more of a joke than us because they're stuck with the zealot.

On a serious note though, pretty disappointing that he would dismiss out of hand the possibility of even approaching the bloke.

97230[/snapback]

It more than likely means Hitzfeld has already told Shepherd to fuck off.

97262[/snapback]

I agree....

I don't for a minute believe that Shepherd thinks it's to do with betting. It's PR/smokescreen for one of two reasons:

Either Hitzfeld said "nein"...or

MON/A.N.Other is already in place and Shepherd is trying to distance the club from the Hitzfeld campaign. I understand why to an extent as you'd hardly want to walk in to a job with the Chairman saying we and the fans wanted someone else but you'll do...

(oh apart from last time) :D

It worries me how out of touch FF is with the fans.

It's the fans who pour money into the club so he can afford to stuff his fat face, so it would appear common courtesy to listen to the majority, or at least consider their opinions over such an important matter.

I'd imagine no-one would've wanted Souness last season but FF decided he is the NUFC fanbase so the appointment was just, and look at the predicament we found ourselves in, one from which we are still trying to reverse.

Considering MON appears more likely to be the next England manager, where does that leave us? Another flop like Souness who will be entitled to £3 million when his sorry behing is kicked from the club?

Although a professional businessman would never do it, I can imagine Freddie taking the "no one tells me what to do" attitude. The local media are mocking the actions of a few loonies and now FS is talking about betting syndicates.

I fear this misguided campaign may have damaged Hitzfeld's chances, I really do.

The leaked dossier and betting syndicate stuff has simply been added to what Shepherd is alleged to have already said during the week. 

Considering this story has come from "The People" and the quote about not approaching or intending to approach are identical to the ones that McCarthy said during the week on sky i would think this is just a rehashed story.

97258[/snapback]

Paul McCarthy is a first class twat and talks a load of shite

i thought the point of any campaign was to make sure that if Shepherd was as ignorant about possible candidates as we all fear then at least he couldn't use the "never heard of him" "excuse" when we appoint Paul Jewell and somebody says "why not Hitzfeld?"

I can't see how it can really harm his chances if the bloke is as stupid as those quotes make him look (ie bets should affect choice).

i thought the point of any campaign was to make sure that if Shepherd was as ignorant about possible candidates as we all fear then at least he couldn't use the "never heard of him" "excuse" when we appoint Paul Jewell and somebody says "why not Hitzfeld?"

I can't see how it can really harm his chances if the bloke is as stupid as those quotes make him look (ie bets should affect choice).

97386[/snapback]

so is the best man for the job solely dependant on his CV or not, or are you people just whining for the sake of it, see my post at 1208

Why would Paul Jewell not be the right man for the club, he could be ?