Hitzfeld NOT new NUFC manager - Shepherd

smoggeordie

i thought the point of any campaign was to make sure that if Shepherd was as ignorant about possible candidates as we all fear then at least he couldn't use the "never heard of him" "excuse" when we appoint Paul Jewell and somebody says "why not Hitzfeld?"

I can't see how it can really harm his chances if the bloke is as stupid as those quotes make him look (ie bets should affect choice).

97386[/snapback]

so is the best man for the job solely dependant on his CV or not, or are you people just whining for the sake of it, see my post at 1208

Why would Paul Jewell not be the right man for the club, he could be ?

97420[/snapback]

Would you back him straight away if we appointed him?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i thought the point of any campaign was to make sure that if Shepherd was as ignorant about possible candidates as we all fear then at least he couldn't use the "never heard of him" "excuse" when we appoint Paul Jewell and somebody says "why not Hitzfeld?"

I can't see how it can really harm his chances if the bloke is as stupid as those quotes make him look (ie bets should affect choice).

97386[/snapback]

so is the best man for the job solely dependant on his CV or not, or are you people just whining for the sake of it, see my post at 1208

Why would Paul Jewell not be the right man for the club, he could be ?

97420[/snapback]

Would you back him straight away if we appointed him?

97442[/snapback]

Who ?

Whether I did or not, I wouldn't change my mind or be fickle enough to say "I want to see how he does before I decide whether or not to criticise "

Just because I correctly said Souness was a complete fuckwit from day 1 doesn't mean I would say the same about everyone !

I just find it a bit perplexing that people criticise Shepherd for "not taking notice of someones CV" but also criticised him when he did appoint a manager who had won 4 league championships with 2 different club, and 3 FA Cups. So, do they want to him to look at a CV or not ?

Said it before and I'll say it again, before Shepherd and the Halls we had no chance of even appointing fuckwits like Souness, never mind managers who are proven quality...such is the raising of expectation which has been maintained by Shepherd from SJH, not that I expect that to have any more meaning to people than it has previously done.

No one yet has actually named the few dozen chairman who have ran more successful, ambitious clubs than us nor backed their managers which should be quite easy seeing as they think Shepherd is so "shit", I think it really is about time they named all these people he is "shit" in comparison with ?

And for what its worth, I'll repeat again, that Hitzfeld, Allardyce, O'Neill, Hiddink would all have my backing, or time, along with other non trophy winning managers [so far] like Jewell, Chris Coleman to name 2 if they end up being our man, whereas if Bruce or Hoddle walk through the door then there is no escape for appointing another fuckwit like Souness.

Kenny Dalglish was every bit as qualified for this job as anyone at the time, and anyone in the running now too, he had the vast majority of backing from fans, as did Gullit, so saying they were "shit" now when you didn't think they were "shit" at the time is simply hindsight and saying the chairman has no ambition or can't get "big" managers in light of the 2 mentioned and Bobby Robson, is so laughable it's untrue

Edit: Although I have reservations about O'Neill [being a major contender] I would however give him time to hopefully prove to be the manager we are all hoping for

Edited by LeazesMag

The thing is LM the last shortlist he used was full of very average managers. Some of them turned us down so we ended up with number 4 or 5 on the list which was Souness. Now as I've said I always thought he was a decent manager which was a factor in me committing the ultimate crime of giving him a chance. I'd do the same for Jewell and I'd do the same for O'Neill both of whom I think are decent enough managers though not much better than Souness.

However if Shepherd takes another list soley made up again of very average managers to the exclusion of a couple people have mentioned then its indefensible imo. Especially if he starts spouting shite about betting coups.

For the record I fully supported the appointment of Dalglish and even think he was wrongly sacked/left though mutual consent.

As has been said many times being better than Mckeag/Forbes etc does not make him above criticism.

It makes no sense.

Where does he suppose the dossier has been leaked from? It's clearly made by supporters with the sole intention of bringing Hitzfeld to NUFC. Nothing sinister in that.

Any how has he jumped to this betting syndicate conclusion? I can see no logic in that what so ever.

Depressing really.

If he's ruling out Hitzfeld and O'Neill is favorite with the FA just who does he have in mind?

Edited by Dr Kenneth Noisewater

The thing is LM the last shortlist he used was full of very average managers. Some of them turned us down so we ended up with number 4 or 5 on the list which was Souness. Now as I've said I always thought he was a decent manager which was a factor in me committing the ultimate crime of giving him a chance. I'd do the same for Jewell and I'd do the same for O'Neill both of whom I think are decent enough managers though not much better than Souness.

However if Shepherd takes another list soley made up again of very average managers to the exclusion of a couple people have mentioned then its indefensible imo. Especially if he starts spouting shite about betting coups.

For the record I fully supported the appointment of Dalglish and even think he was wrongly sacked/left though mutual consent.

As has been said many times being better than Mckeag/Forbes etc does not make him above criticism.

97494[/snapback]

Well Allardyce is on the list again, and I said at that time I would have taken him, so this time if he gets it I'll be pleased.

No one says Fred is above critcism, everyone makes mistakes but overall he has genuine ambition for the club and keeps us at the forefront - which is precisely why Souness was binned when he realised his mistake wasn't going to turn for the better.

Looking back if anyone should have had longer it probably should have been Dalglish but at the time we were all so pissed off with him changing the Keegan so much, which again was HIS mistake and nowt to do with Fred !

It makes no sense.

Where does he suppose the dossier has been leaked from? It's clearly made by supporters with the sole intention of bringing Hitzfeld to NUFC. Nothing sinister in that.

Any how has he jumped to this betting syndicate conclusion? I can see no logic in that what so ever.

Depressing really.

If he's ruling out Hitzfeld and O'Neill is favorite with the FA just who does he have in mind?

97502[/snapback]

step forward steve bruce :D

Guest CrimsonFault

Aye he was, me and my mates had a banner of our own:

steve_bruce.jpg

...I really like my Welsh flag.

Edited by CrimsonFault

If either Bruce or O'Leary get the job then I'm going to barge past the N-O lot on the Tyne Bridge to jump in first.

Joking aside, Fat Fred wants a kicking from those quotes like. Arrogant twat, his stubborn attitude could cost this club. Prattles on 2 weeks ago about listening to the fans, then dismisses them as a betting syndicate when they do put together a campaign. Jesus Weptahonolulu.

If either Bruce or O'Leary get the job then I'm going to barge past the N-O lot on the Tyne Bridge to jump in first.

Joking aside, Fat Fred wants a kicking from those quotes like. Arrogant twat, his stubborn attitude could cost this club. Prattles on 2 weeks ago about listening to the fans, then dismisses them as a betting syndicate when they do put together a campaign. Jesus Weptahonolulu.

97757[/snapback]

That's how I feel....despite a few annoying aspects to the campaign, I admire the fact that they at least TRIED to do something about getting a decent manager.

FS is either playing a very smart game of smoke and mirrors, or he's coming across as a fairly unlikeable arrogant numbnuts.....

Mmmm

*ponders*

In a football-crazy city, there's bound to be lots of interest in the next manager. Instead of using this as an opportunity to acknowledge or thank the fans, he just slags them off, in what seems like a slanderous manner. What a twat!

Perhaps he feels that a backhanded dismissal of Hitzfeld is necessary because he knows our next manager will have nothing like the same pedigree.

Anyroad, I wouldn't blame the campaign. If anything, they've allowed FS to show his true colors once again. There was no journo in disguise catching him offguard this time.

I really hope this is because he already has someone good lined up. If he's got nobody, or worse someone like Bruce then he should be hung up by his balls.

98070[/snapback]

That would be like suspending a grand piano from an elastic band. Ouch!

I really hope this is because he already has someone good lined up. If he's got nobody, or worse someone like Bruce then he should be hung up by his balls.

98070[/snapback]

98075[/snapback]

Don't tell me you're an expert on the size of fat Geordie businessman's genitalia as well as Chinese and black men!?

98070[/snapback]

98075[/snapback]

Don't tell me you're an expert on the size of fat Geordie businessman's genitalia as well as Chinese and black men!?

98083[/snapback]

From a few simple questions concerning your place of birth and ancestry Renton can calculate your exact length, girth, weight and sperm count.

FACT.

Edited by luckyluke

98070[/snapback]

98075[/snapback]

98083[/snapback]

From a few simple questions concerning your place of birth and ancestry Renton can calculate your exact length, girth, weight and sperm count.

FACT.

98092[/snapback]

It's what he does for a living isn't it?

Jesus Christ, Steve Bruce is no better than Soumesssssss so why appoint him?

Freddy Shephard just isn't going to make any friends the way he is continuing...............i'll listen to the fans, the fans pay alot of money to watch us play, they support every player.............blah BLAH BLAH. (freddy gets his biscuits out and puts the kettle on.)

98070[/snapback]

98075[/snapback]

98083[/snapback]

FACT.

98092[/snapback]

It's what he does for a living isn't it?

98348[/snapback]

B) You what?