dyer

Dr Gloom

Yes.

I had £50 on Shola at 6/1

97486[/snapback]

...On him either committing the most fouls of any player on the pitch, or tripping over his own feet instead of moving, or jumping 5 minutes before the ball arrives, and you'd have been quids in. Doubt you'd get 6/1 though.

97540[/snapback]

Put it on Shola before I knew Shearer was out. Thought 6/1 was a decent price when I heard he'd be leading the line. Thought he was unlucky not to have popped one in in the first half.

97632[/snapback]

Should have scored early on, but as usual he was on his heels.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dyer offers us something different and often stops any huff and puff play, but he's not a great footballer. How many times did he get the ball run with it and then do absolutely jack shit with it at the end?

His running and movement is top class, but his passing etc is pretty poor.

98027[/snapback]

Have to agree, but on saturday he used his runs well, often producing shot at the end of them and although it was nothing special I thought he was neat and tidy in terms of passing.

The guy has pace and let's be honest he took his goal well but positionally he has no idea, his passing is average, his commitment in his first couple of games back from injury is always great but then it tapers off and when he does have the ball at his feet and he attempts to go for a run with it you know generally he will lose it.

It is obvious to all he isn't an intelligent footballer and really need to make up the difference with work rate and effort.

If he is still fit and putting in performances like that at the end of the season then people can start talking about him turning the corner.

He still owes us years of support.

love that the Dyer - haters also seem to be Bowyer fans... yeah cos he's never dragged the reputation of a football club through the mud, he's never been in trouble for X, Y or Z.. he didn't have a punch up with a team-mate on the pitch in the middle of the fucking GAME!

laughable to be honest

love that the Dyer - haters also seem to be Bowyer fans... yeah cos he's never dragged the reputation of a football club through the mud, he's never been in trouble for X, Y or Z.. he didn't have a punch up with a team-mate on the pitch in the middle of the fucking GAME!

laughable to be honest

98659[/snapback]

Racists tbh.

laughable to be honest

98659[/snapback]

Racists tbh.

98680[/snapback]

B) Rocks

i thought dyer was the man of the match by a country mile yesterday.

good to see him back and fit. hopefully he can stay injury free for the rest of the season.

if dyer was fit and able to put performances in like that every week he'd be in the england squad and well worth the reported £80k a week wages.

we looked a different side with his pace and movement up front.

97359[/snapback]

Bellamy used to play like that every week.

Shame there were people who insisted we were better off without him. Meaning also that if Bellamy were still here we wouldn't have missed Dyer in the slightest.

good to see him back and fit. hopefully he can stay injury free for the rest of the season.

if dyer was fit and able to put performances in like that every week he'd be in the england squad and well worth the reported £80k a week wages.

97359[/snapback]

98925[/snapback]

B)

No he didn't. He was good, but he had his fair share of shite games too.

97359[/snapback]

Shame there were people who insisted we were better off without him. Meaning also that if Bellamy were still here we wouldn't have missed Dyer in the slightest.

98925[/snapback]

some compare owen to bellamy,not a midfielder playing up front...however dyer done a good job filling in,wouldn't you agree leazes ?

97359[/snapback]

98925[/snapback]

some compare owen to bellamy,not a midfielder playing up front...however dyer done a good job filling in,wouldn't you agree leazes ?

98982[/snapback]

Cant think why or how anyone would compare Owen to Bellamy

97359[/snapback]

98925[/snapback]

B)

98952[/snapback]

didn't have his share at all, he had very few.

98982[/snapback]

Hasn't Dyer been trying to convince us that's his best position, just behind the striker, for the last couple of years.

What pissed me off most was in the second half he was constantly back taking the ball from the defence, leaving us with just the donkey up front - there went all our pace and movement up front.

97359[/snapback]

98925[/snapback]

98982[/snapback]

if we buy a replacement for shearer in the summer will you agree that owen was bellamys replacement ?

97359[/snapback]

98925[/snapback]

98982[/snapback]

if we buy a replacement for shearer in the summer will you agree that owen was bellamys replacement ?

99008[/snapback]

We will have to buy a new forward in the summer, but I doubt very much if we will have anywhere near 15m to buy him, unless its the only buy we make. Which would not really be a good move I think.

Especially as Shepherd himself said the club had earmarked part of the budget over the years to replace Shearer, and Owen had became available a year early.

Which is actually good planning, good foresight and just the sort of excellent transfer dealing that all the other shit chairman do for their clubs.

I think its extremely amusing that someone can think you can sell a player for 4.5m quid and somehow conjure up 16m to "replace" him, then find the same amount again 12 months later.....

Do you think this club has a bottomless pit of money, and do you think Fred is "shit" because he can't find 30m quid a year to buy players with ?

97359[/snapback]

98925[/snapback]

98982[/snapback]

99008[/snapback]

We will have to buy a new forward in the summer, but I doubt very much if we will have anywhere near 15m to buy him, unless its the only buy we make. Which would not really be a good move I think.

Especially as Shepherd himself said the club had earmarked part of the budget over the years to replace Shearer, and Owen had became available a year early.

Which is actually good planning, good foresight and just the sort of excellent transfer dealing that all the other shit chairman do for their clubs.

I think its extremely amusing that someone can think you can sell a player for 4.5m quid and somehow conjure up 16m to "replace" him, then find the same amount again 12 months later.....

Do you think this club has a bottomless pit of money, and do you think Fred is "shit" because he can't find 30m quid a year to buy players with ?

99014[/snapback]

If the money was there at the club in the first place, any chairman could "find it". No?

97359[/snapback]

98925[/snapback]

98982[/snapback]

99008[/snapback]

Owen is an out and out goalscorer like Shearer, he is the replacement for Shearer. Bellamy is a supporting striker and we haven't replaced him. We need a replacement for Bellamy this summer. I'd like new player to be Bellamy, because he's top class.

97359[/snapback]

98925[/snapback]

;)

98952[/snapback]

Rubbish. Bellamy had the odd poor game, his level of consistency was very high for us.

97359[/snapback]

98925[/snapback]

;)

98952[/snapback]

Rubbish. Bellamy had the odd poor game, his level of consistency was very high for us.

99299[/snapback]

Tbf he only became consistant after a major injury towards the end of his Newcastle career.

97359[/snapback]

98925[/snapback]

98982[/snapback]

99008[/snapback]

99014[/snapback]

If the money was there at the club in the first place, any chairman could "find it". No?

99043[/snapback]

You think the club has a bottomless pit of money don't you

Edited by LeazesMag

97359[/snapback]

98925[/snapback]

;)

98952[/snapback]

99299[/snapback]

Tbf he only became consistant after a major injury towards the end of his Newcastle career.

99310[/snapback]

I have to admit I can't remember often coming away from a game (certainly not before the age of darkness that Souness brought) thinking that Bellamy had been poor. His finishing was often poor and that was frustrating but his contribution to the team was most often high class.

97359[/snapback]

98925[/snapback]

98982[/snapback]

99008[/snapback]

99014[/snapback]

99043[/snapback]

99311[/snapback]

No, not at all, which is why I started the sentence with the word "if".

It was a rhetorical question. Have we got no money because FS gave it to the wrong managers (something which you praise him for; backing his man)?

If we've got no money, then surely he's put us in financial difficulties by letting his managers spend to much. Admittedly, it's them who spent that money badly, but who actually manages the budget? Who actually decides on contracts? Who has final say at the club?

97359[/snapback]

98925[/snapback]

98982[/snapback]

99008[/snapback]

99014[/snapback]

99043[/snapback]

99311[/snapback]

Of all of the clubs in this country Newcastle United has one of the best base of resources. The Fat Man didn't produce this it was there well before his arrival (actually it was there before Hall arrived but before then it was just wasted by greedy short sighted individuals who could rape the club when it was a private concern). All he has done is provided the managers with the transfer funds that have been available due to our revenue base.

This does not put him in the running for chairman of the year in my book, as Gol pointed out any chairman could have done the same.

Of all of the clubs in this country Newcastle United has one of the best base of resources.  The Fat Man didn't produce this it was there well before his arrival (actually it was there before Hall arrived but before then it was just wasted by greedy short sighted individuals who could rape the club when it was a private concern).  All he has done is provided the managers with the transfer funds that have been available due to our revenue base.

This does not put him in the running for chairman of the year in my book, as Gol pointed out any chairman could have done the same.

99324[/snapback]

And as anyone who can remember beyond the arrival of John Hall knows ( unless they have a selective memory, or something ), not every Chairman would do the same.

How many times does it have to be said....nobody is saying FS is the best thing since sliced bread, or that he hasn't made mistakes. But he's not as bad as some appear desperate to make out ( god knows what their agenda is ), and we could do a whole lot worse.

He backs his team manager, he gives them every chance to succeed but then it's down to them to make the right footballing decisions. They're paid well to do this and he doesn't tie their hands behind their back by selling our best players ( I can go back to Pop Robson ).

If the manager got it right nobody would be slagging FS, but the pity of it is that people wouldn't be giving him any credit either. This is a fact, after all, FS was Chairman when Robson took us to 4th, 3rd and 5th, but that's ignored of course.

Edited by Howaythelads