Steve's Survivors v. Slaven's Sloggers

OTF

Just now, Ayatollah Hermione said:

The Sky punditry :lol: 15 seconds of talk about Gayle's goal and then straight to the Man United game

And now, onto the premier league for the Manchester derby.

Edited by OTF
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ugly Mackems said:

Should we applaud Bruce for making the changes? 

Good win. Leeds and Fulham next up before three games with zero points. 

I stood up in the house and gave Steve a minutes applause when he changed personnel as we were looking second best at home to West Brom. Proper out of the box coaching and you love to see it. :good:

Anyway, fucking superb goal, love seeing a header fly in off the bar. 👌

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

34 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

The Sky punditry :lol: 15 seconds of talk about Gayle's goal and then straight to the Man United game

BBC couldn’t even be arsed to update the score on their full-time report. 
4q3ulh.jpg

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, Ugly Mackems said:

Should we applaud Bruce for making the changes? 

Good win. Leeds and Fulham next up before three games with zero points. 

Not sure if I'm allowed to post this as an away fan but hey ho.

Reason I came on here is cause I wanted to see your guy's opinion on Bruce's in game management today.

Where Bilic made a shocking substitution (taking Gallagher off) I think Bruce earned two points with his attacking subs as he went for the game at 1-1.

Particularly annoying as Murphy was by and large poor for us but no surprise that Gayle scored the winner!

16 hours ago, OTF said:

And now, onto the premier league for the Manchester derby.

Which was one of the worst games of the season.

Steve Bruce with another sweeping tactical masterclass in the second half won us the 3 points. The man is a genius, no doubt. Putting Gayle on with the knowledge that he knows their team like the back of his hand and probably has scores to settle after they failed to put a serious bid in for him was just pure class. 

On to Leeds we go!

12 hours ago, BaggieInPeace said:

Reason I came on here is cause I wanted to see your guy's opinion on Bruce's in game management today.

Where Bilic made a shocking substitution (taking Gallagher off) I think Bruce earned two points with his attacking subs as he went for the game at 1-1.

Particularly annoying as Murphy was by and large poor for us but no surprise that Gayle scored the winner!

If we won 10-0 there be more than a fair share of whinging bastards on here. Bruce is certainly no tactical genius but his bigger sin is he's NOT Rafa Benitez - because Rafa is world class don't you know! And enlightened Tyneside, nay - THE WORLD with his brand of expansive, explosive and exciting football in his 3 season Tyneside tenure.

1 hour ago, Ugly Mackems said:

If we won 10-0 there be more than a fair share of whinging bastards on here. Bruce is certainly no tactical genius but his bigger sin is he's NOT Rafa Benitez - because Rafa is world class don't you know! And enlightened Tyneside, nay - THE WORLD with his brand of expansive, explosive and exciting football in his 3 season Tyneside tenure.

You need to calm yourself down.Neebody has said Rafa IS world class.

1 hour ago, Ugly Mackems said:

Bruce’s biggest sin is that he’s a shit manager. Don’t know why you’re on about Benitez tbh

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Ugly Mackems said:

Bollocks. Brucey’s main problem is that his brand of football is even less watchable than Rafa’s rather pragmatic approach. His other problem is that his mates are constantly bringing up Rafa and using ad hominem arguments to deflect criticism.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Ugly Mackems said:

wysum.gif

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, Ugly Mackems said:

Aah. Is the ickle babba not getting enough attention? 

• Haha 4

On 13/12/2020 at 03:50, BaggieInPeace said:

More than welcome as long as you don't act like an arsehole. Hell, we've tolerated Ugly Mackems and he's a right prick.

Bruce's subs won us the game and fair play. But I'm not really sure it was some inspired tactical choice, felt more an act of desperation. 

TBF Bruce's tactical changes only won us the game because his tactics from the second minute of the game were so shit he had to make the change.  Unfortunately for them, West Brom are a relegation waiting to happen and yet we still allowed them to have the upper hand for large parts of the game.  With their fragile confidence we should have been all over them like a rash after going one up so quickly but as per we just continued to pass backwards and failed to take countless opportunites to put the ball into the box until the point where we had two wingers playing fullback.

On West Brom's side of things, I did wonder why Bilic took that Gallagher kid off who was pretty much running the game and looked a dead cert for a goal.  But if you want to replace Bilic with Bruce you'd be more than welcome to him. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Bruce is a terrible manager. He hasn’t done anything in his career to suggest otherwise. Rafa Benitez has. But this isn’t about Rafa - he did about as well as anyone could while he was nufc manager, given the constraints. Bruce doesn’t need to be compared to Rafa to make him look shit. 

• Like 1

On 14/12/2020 at 23:44, Ugly Mackems said:

Your regular girlfriends are lapping that craic up mind. 

Whereas the general consensus appears to be that your patter is absolutely fucking lifting 

• Haha 2