Old Wives Tales

Guest Toplass-101

Guest Toplass-101

B) Does anyone have any remedies for the Flu because I'm not v.well and dont want to miss another match because of it.

I'm currently trying Puds idea of hot Southern Comfort, and its minging! but I'll try anything (within reason) I've never had flu like this before, I feel so shit.

B) Does anyone have any remedies for the Flu because I'm not v.well and dont want to miss another match because of it. 

I'm currently trying Puds idea of hot Southern Comfort, and its minging!  but I'll try anything (within reason) I've never had flu like this before, I feel so shit.

98215[/snapback]

Southern Comfort? Doesn't sound like he's trying to cure your cold.... ;)

Forget wives tales, get some of them Lemsip direct powders. You eat the stuff like sherbet. It's not very nice, but it does the business. Have a load of them and you won't be conscious enough to feel ill.

Edited by Matt

A saucer full of warm man fat apparently does wonders, ask Meenzer.

He reckons it's just purrrfect for the common flu.

98220[/snapback]

Oi! There's nothing common about my flu, dahling.

98224[/snapback]

I suspect you're not talking about the flu above your gas fire B)

A saucer full of warm man fat apparently does wonders, ask Meenzer.

He reckons it's just purrrfect for the common flu.

98220[/snapback]

Oi! There's nothing common about my flu, dahling.

98224[/snapback]

I suspect you're not talking about the flu above your gas fire B)

98226[/snapback]

You seem worryingly familiar with the intracies of my chimney pipe ;)

Guest Toplass-101

I'm currently trying Puds idea of hot Southern Comfort, and its minging!  but I'll try anything (within reason) I've never had flu like this before, I feel so shit.

98215[/snapback]

Southern Comfort? Doesn't sound like he's trying to cure your cold.... ;)

98217[/snapback]

Well he 1st asked what whisky I had in, and theres only Jack Daniels, Southern Comfort or Drambuie, and the Southern Comfort tasted the least poisonous of the three, its got me sweating like a pig now like. Oops too much info :blush:

Guest Toplass-101
Forget wives tales, get some of them Lemsip direct powders. You eat the stuff like sherbet. It's not very nice, but it does the business. Have a load of them and you won't be conscious enough to feel ill.

98218[/snapback]

Ive not tried them Matt, ive got the normal ones but they aint doing anything, I will give the direct powders a go tomorrow. Cheers.

I don't think there's anything but bedrest that sorts you out. The things you can get over the counter just mask the problems. Bed rest and plenty of fluids are the only sure fire cure.

When I have colds/flu I get weird dreams, all very odd and all very vivid. I sweat buckets too. Literally have to get chaged in the middle of the night cos I'm soaked to the skin.

My grandmother keeps telling me that this is the perfect remedy to illness:

1. Lie in bed.

2. Place an object (eg. a bottle) at the end of the bed, where you can see it.

3. Drink so much vodka that it looks like there's two bottles at the end of the bed.

4. Sleep.

5. Wake up feeling better.

B)

If you want a proper remedy: drink as much water as you can manage and take loads of paracetemol. Also, take plenty VitC and get Mr. Pud to make you some nice soup.

If you want a proper remedy: drink as much water as you can manage and take loads of paracetemol. Also, take plenty VitC and get Mr. Pud to make you some nice soup.

98354[/snapback]

"take loads of paracetemol" ;)

Are you promoting overdosing?

98357[/snapback]

B) Within reason you tool!

98354[/snapback]

98357[/snapback]

98358[/snapback]

I know you spanner! :blush:

98354[/snapback]

98357[/snapback]

98358[/snapback]

98361[/snapback]

I know you know :blush:

:blush:

98354[/snapback]

98357[/snapback]

98358[/snapback]

98361[/snapback]

I know you know :blush:

:blush:

98363[/snapback]

I know you know I know. Is that right?

:)

I don't think there's anything but bedrest that sorts you out. The things you can get over the counter just mask the problems. Bed rest and plenty of fluids are the only sure fire cure.

When I have colds/flu I get weird dreams, all very odd and all very vivid. I sweat buckets too. Literally have to get chaged in the middle of the night cos I'm soaked to the skin.

98244[/snapback]

SLP still wouldn't shower the next morning. He saves African children B)