Poolies

Dr Kenneth Noisewater

IOR have been on the scene for ages now, i haven't spoken to me dad today like to find out what the general atmosphere is like...

There was rumours of Turner coming back in some role like for a while

Isn't it only till the summer or not?

Hartlepool have brought former manager Chris Turner back to the club as director of sport and confirmed Paul Stephenson as boss until the summer.

Turner, who managed Pools between 1999 and 2002, had widely been tipped to take over the manager's position.

However, the 47-year-old will not be involved in first-team affairs.

Stephenson took over as caretaker boss after Martin Scott left the club by mutual consent, and has won one and drawn two of his three games in charge.

A new permanent manager will not now be named until the end of the season, club owners Increased Oil Recovery (IOR) have confirmed.

Turner will also be involved with negotiations over the future of the club, after the local council rejected an offer from IOR to buy the lease of Victoria Park last month.

He will also assist IOR with "the club's overseas participation in football tournaments, pre-season planning, conferences and Football League issues," according to the club website.

Turner had left Pools in 2002 to take over at Sheffield Wednesday, where he spent just under two years, and also managed Stockport between December 2004 and December 2005.

Looks like Stephenson's position will be looked at in the summer.

The thing about Stevo is he has a hell of a lot of respect at the club, and he was a cracking player for them as well, just a big step up at any level from looking after the kids to the first team

Has Paul Stephenson got rid of the poddle cut yet? He was supposed to be the next big thing here wasn't he? Good luck to the lad, although I can see there being a split reaction to Turner returning after his 'I've come here to finish a job' speech and then pissing off to Sheff Wed a few weeks later. Didn't go down too well I hear.