Dirty Leeds vs Brucey's Mild-Mannered Mannschaft

Meenzer

40 minutes ago, Ugly Mackems said:

Don't be worrying about trolling me. We'll concede 4/5 four of five times this season. It's par for the course. 

No, it isn't. Not for a midtable Premier League side.

56 minutes ago, Ugly Mackems said:

Don't be worrying about trolling me. We'll concede 4/5 four of five times this season. It's par for the course. 

That’s just wrong though, isn’t it?

20 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

We conceded four once under Rafael

We've conceded 5 at least 3 times under Bruce. 

facts are sacred 

Thanks for doing my fact-checking for me :lol:

I knew it it was something like that. However drab the football sometimes was under Rafa, we were rarely on the receiving end of many hidings because they were all so well-drilled. We’ve gone back to shipping goals under Bruce how we used to when Pardew was manager 

• Like 2

From Happy Face's substack;

Newcastle United lost a game by three goals for the eighth time in Steve Bruce’s 50 games playing Leeds United tonight.

Here’s how that 16% value compares to other permanent managers in the past decade.

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Fc62cb0bb-d9bc-4afd-aef0-67e200a4459f_2048x1268.png

Five goals were also conceded for the third time. Which, again, still isn’t as bad as McClaren…

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Ff5c74649-8334-4c82-b1c6-5fac66ef16ed_2048x1268.png

…but then, McClaren wasn’t sacked for his heavy defeats. He was sacked for his lack of bouncebackability.

In Bruce’s case, these embarrassing defeats will, of course, continue to be totally acceptable to the Newcastle decision makers in Shirebrook, as long as points can be scraped elsewhere by hook or by crook and the league position is 17th or higher

Im Kind of baffled anyone needs this information in a graph.

There’s no comparison between the respective abilities of Benitez & Bruce. It’s ludicrous that we’re even having the conversation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tom said:

There’s no comparison between the respective abilities of Benitez & Bruce. It’s ludicrous that we’re even having the conversation.

I don’t think we would be if UM gave it up.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Tom said:

Bruce is closer to McClaren than he is to Benitez, was my point.

Ralphy Rabbithutch took over at Saints just over two years ago (5th Dec) ..in that time they’ve let in 4 twice. Obviously they let in 9 at home v Leicester, but given that they now sit 3rd in the premier league I think we can put that down to a freakish aberration. They’ve often not been great in that time (tbf, we beat them at theirs but they had 10 men) and they sold their best defender to Spurs, but as a coach he’s what I would want at NUFC; modern, forward thinking and understands that getting regular twattings saps confidence from decent players :cuppa:

37709164-62D7-405C-88B8-4E9FA041196C.jpeg