What is Rob W's occupation?

Holden McGroin

I think some still do exist. They normally travel about selling products iirc

99150[/snapback]

I had some incredibly agressive ones from Scottish power two days ago, who were actually scottish. They were complete cunts and really hard to get rid of. If anyone's with Scottish power try and change and see what happens.

99154[/snapback]

My Mrs had the same problem with them last week. Really wouldn't take no for an answer and were quite agressive. Personally, I would never sign up to anything over the doorstep or street. Like I always say to them, if I'm interested in changing suppliers I'll contact you...now fuck off.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

His avatar leads me to believe he's a wife beating drunk.

His posts show that he's a BBC plant, going all out to get the hits on www.bbc.co.uk up.

99143[/snapback]

My avatar is a traditional geordie personna, married for many years who takes an interest in sport, plays the occasional game of football and can be found amongst his friends and neighbours in a local hostelry most nights

The Beeb couldn't afford me TBH

My avatar is a traditional geordie personna, married for many years who takes an interest in sport, plays the occasional game of football and can be found amongst his friends and neighbours in a local hostelry most nights

Well Homer Simpson says he's a wife beating drunk. And I prefer to believe a real life television personality over a forum robot. ;)

Well Homer Simpson says he's a wife beating drunk. And I prefer to believe a real life television personality over a forum robot. :blush:

99163[/snapback]

which am I?????????????????????// ;):P;)B):rolleyes:

99150[/snapback]

I had some incredibly agressive ones from Scottish power two days ago, who were actually scottish. They were complete cunts and really hard to get rid of. If anyone's with Scottish power try and change and see what happens.

99154[/snapback]

My Mrs had the same problem with them last week. Really wouldn't take no for an answer and were quite agressive. Personally, I would never sign up to anything over the doorstep or street. Like I always say to them, if I'm interested in changing suppliers I'll contact you...now fuck off.

99157[/snapback]

Similar with stuff over the phone, I normally ask if they can put the offer of what they are selling in writing so I can consider it at my leisure, to which they say no, so I say no. Anyway, I had some lass from Barclaycard on the other day trying to sell me some health cover. You know the score, free for a 3 month trial period, then you can cancel. Anyway, I said I wasn't interested as I knew I would probably forget to cancel and it would be a lot harder to cancel than it is to sign up. I had to say no I was interested about 4 times before she got the message ;)

99150[/snapback]

99154[/snapback]

99157[/snapback]

Similar with stuff over the phone, I normally ask if they can put the offer of what they are selling in writing so I can consider it at my leisure, to which they say no, so I say no. Anyway, I had some lass from Barclaycard on the other day trying to sell me some health cover. You know the score, free for a 3 month trial period, then you can cancel. Anyway, I said I wasn't interested as I knew I would probably forget to cancel and it would be a lot harder to cancel than it is to sign up. I had to say no I was interested about 4 times before she got the message ;)

99172[/snapback]

just keep them talking - they have to hit targets on number of calls made........... they'll drop off fast enough...............

Barclaycard

99172[/snapback]

A part of my phonecall with Barclaycard yesterday went

HF: Hello, I'd like to cancel my card please.

BC: Well your balance is clear and you arn't being charged so you might as well leave it.

HF: Yes, but I'll never use it again.

BC: Well your balance is clear and you aren't being charged so you might as well leave it.

HF: I told you I won't use it, your rate is the worst on the market. I wouldn't touch it. So can I just cancel please?

BC: Can you hold............(1 minute wait)....What if we were to offer you 15.5%apr on balance transfers.

HF: No that's still worse than any other card i have. Go lower than 9% on purchases and I might.

BC: We can't do that

HF: I know, that's why I want to cancel.

BC: Well your balance is clear and you arn't being charged so you might as well leave it.

;)

They take the piss

I'm exactly the same when it comes to stuff over the phone as Alex, I ask for it in writing with all the small print and then say I'll read it and ring them back if I'm interested. They always say they can't, so I say tough.

99180[/snapback]

I hang up the moment I hear an Indian voice. I really can't be arsed with them any more.

Recently I have been getting begging letters form places like the University or the Live theatre telling me in advance they are going to phone me and ask for donations. The University were the worst. Phoned me at 10 in the night, gave me a guilt trip, and were pretty rude when I refused to pay £20 a month to sponsor a student. I mean sponsoring students ffs. ;)

His posts show that he's a BBC plant, going all out to get the hits on www.bbc.co.uk up.

99143[/snapback]

99158[/snapback]

I though Andy Capp was from Hartlepool and played rugby personally.

I hang up the moment I hear an Indian voice. I really can't be arsed with them any more.

Recently I have been getting begging letters form places like the University or the Live theatre telling me in advance they are going to phone me and ask for donations. The University were the worst. Phoned me at 10 in the night, gave me a guilt trip, and were pretty rude when I refused to pay £20 a month to sponsor a student. I mean sponsoring students ffs.  ;)

99205[/snapback]

The problem with agressive sales people and "broken loop scripts" is that they work, enough people are intimidated by them. Same with spam emails, they'll keep coming as long as people are silly enough to buy their products.

I've got a zero-tolerance approach with companies, if they fuck me over on a product or use questionable tactics, I black-list them and never use any of their products again. It'll do no good, though, as we will all end up with the level of customer service that the majority accept.

99143[/snapback]

99158[/snapback]

I though Andy Capp was from Hartlepool and played rugby personally.

99208[/snapback]

Defo from Hartlepool.

I'm exactly the same when it comes to stuff over the phone as Alex, I ask for it in writing with all the small print and then say I'll read it and ring them back if I'm interested. They always say they can't, so I say tough.

99180[/snapback]

Recently I have been getting begging letters form places like the University or the Live theatre telling me in advance they are going to phone me and ask for donations. The University were the worst. Phoned me at 10 in the night, gave me a guilt trip, and were pretty rude when I refused to pay £20 a month to sponsor a student. I mean sponsoring students ffs. ;)

99205[/snapback]

I hang up if there's a that time-delay you often get, handy that.

Anyway, I got a one from my old uni asking for donations for non-EU foreign students (I couldn't help thinking they should just lower the exorbitant course fees). Anyway, they layed on the full guilt trip, so I asked them to post me a form. To my Mam's old address.

I've got to the point where I just say No loudly and hang up.

However I also refuse to use international call centres, when I'm calling Orange or.. whoever, I know it's possible to ask for a British callcentre, but I hypocritcally don't want to be embarrassed by asking for it, I'd rather hang up and not deal with it.

does this make me a bad man?

I've got to the point where I just say No loudly and hang up.

However I also refuse to use international call centres, when I'm calling Orange or.. whoever, I know it's possible to ask for a British callcentre, but I hypocritcally don't want to be embarrassed by asking for it, I'd rather hang up and not deal with it.

does this make  me a bad man?

99284[/snapback]

It makes you a hypocrite ;)

meh, I can live with that. ;)

for the record I think Rob W is an Oil-related engineer (I didn't want to use the word expert in case finally the sides of his his head gave way and the ego just came a-rolling out, devouring all before it... like The Blob)

These Indian call centres are the worst. The phone ones are the worst. I had one recently who lied and told me that BT had started using them as a calls provider and that I would be contacted by BT and all I had to do was sign and return the letter to them and it would all be handled. I kept questioning why I'd heard nothing from BT about this and the idiot kept assuring me that I would hear from them soon etc. Anyway, his supervisor must have been listening because he eventually comes in on the call and when I challenged what they were saying, the supervisor admitted that this had nothing to do with BT, and that the only way I would receive a letter from BT is if I agreed to go with this new provider there and then.

Anyway I told the supervisor that he needed to have a word with the idiot who had called me, as he was basically lying and making it sound like it was a decision that BT had already taken on my behalf.

meh, I can live with that. :D

for the record I think Rob W is an Oil-related engineer (I didn't want to use the word expert in case finally the sides of his his head gave way and the ego just came a-rolling out, devouring all before it... like The Blob)

99290[/snapback]

That's quite frightening idea.................... all these brains FREE :yes:huff::icon_lol::blush:

These Indian call centres are the worst.  The phone ones are the worst.  I had one recently who lied and told me that BT had started using them as a calls provider and that I would be contacted by BT and all I had to do was sign and return the letter to them and it would all be handled.  I kept questioning why I'd heard nothing from BT about this and the idiot kept assuring me that I would hear from them soon etc.  Anyway, his supervisor must have been listening because he eventually comes in on the call and when I challenged what they were saying, the supervisor admitted that this had nothing to do with BT, and that the only way I would receive a letter from BT is if I agreed to go with this new provider there and then. 

Anyway I told the supervisor that he needed to have a word with the idiot who had called me, as he was basically lying and making it sound like it was a decision that BT had already taken on my behalf.

100091[/snapback]

I had a call from 3 network from the philippians to go with them on a couple of occassions. When I more or less basically told her to fuck off she asked me if I was gay or had a girlfriend.....I hung up... :D

These Indian call centres are the worst.  The phone ones are the worst.  I had one recently who lied and told me that BT had started using them as a calls provider and that I would be contacted by BT and all I had to do was sign and return the letter to them and it would all be handled.  I kept questioning why I'd heard nothing from BT about this and the idiot kept assuring me that I would hear from them soon etc.  Anyway, his supervisor must have been listening because he eventually comes in on the call and when I challenged what they were saying, the supervisor admitted that this had nothing to do with BT, and that the only way I would receive a letter from BT is if I agreed to go with this new provider there and then. 

100091[/snapback]

I had a call from 3 network from the philippians to go with them on a couple of occassions. When I more or less basically told her to fuck off she asked me if I was gay or had a girlfriend.....I hung up... :yes

100451[/snapback]

Bit of a touchy subject like

:D

100091[/snapback]

I had a call from 3 network from the philippians to go with them on a couple of occassions. When I more or less basically told her to fuck off she asked me if I was gay or had a girlfriend.....I hung up... :yes

100451[/snapback]

Bit of a touchy subject like

:D

100464[/snapback]

Racist and homophobic *tut tut* Hey, your not having a good day are you sweetheart?