Goal!

wellsy

Goal the movie just got released in Perth last Thursday right and i saw it tonight. Interesting film and good to see the footage of St James Park and the surrounding areas but i loved the part when we were playing Chelsea and the ball changed colour from yellow to white and after so much practicing on his left foot he scored with his right foot from the free kick.

But other then that i liked it, wasnt the best movie around by far and i thought the nurse was quite hot.

Is Newcastle really like that? I mean the pub and clubs and the females. I didnt seen any Charvs in the film, which disappointed me greatly.

That part with Beckham and his gay little poofy voice was embarrassing and the Shearer weights room bit... B)

But nearly a year after it was released it finally was released here and i wore my Newcastle shirt into the cinema with my Liverpool mate. There were a few other England, Rangers and a Man Utd top also in there aswell.

Oh and Gazza Harris could fit right into this squad i tell you!

I thought it was champion. Can't imagine anyone who doesn't like football enjoying it, or even anyone who doesn't like Newcastle. But it's a tip-top film for a Geordie to enjoy. Seeing the area, nice aerial shots of the toon and stadium, with a bit of kasabian blaring out. Gets the hairs on your neck stood up.

It's made all the more poignant when compared to Zoggy's story.

Edited by Happy Face

I thought it was champion.  Can't imagine anyone who doesn't like football enjoying it, or even anyone who doesn't like Newcastle.  But it's a tip-top film for a Geordie to enjoy.  Seeing the area, nice aerial shots of the toon and stadium, with a bit of kasabian blaring out.  Gets the hairs on your neck stood up.

It's made all the more poignant when compared to Zoggy's story.

98521[/snapback]

Nice one mate, I'll give it a go then when it comes out on DVD. Always a bit dubious about footie films but I heard some good reports about this but I can hardly ever be arsed with going to the flicks.

Guest Toplass-101

If think if your either from the North East, or you like football, then you will like it.

Edited by Toplass-101

Nee Jossy's Giants like.

jossysgiants_1.jpg

Word!

98527[/snapback]

"Here come Jossy's Giants,

Footballs just a game of science"

How did it go then?

98528[/snapback]

branch of science B)

Jossys Giants

Swapping their homework for footwork,

Kicking the ball till its dark,

Here go Jossy's Giants,

Footballs just a branch of science,

Head the ball, now Jossy calls...

(CLAP, CLAP)

Jossy's Giants!!??

Dependable, Reliant

Put your faith in Jossy's Giants

Get stuck in, we're gonna win...

(CLAP, CLAP)

Jossy's Giants!!

;)

branch of science B)

Jossys Giants

Swapping their homework for footwork,

Kicking the ball till its dark,

Here go Jossy's Giants,

Footballs just a branch of science,

Head the ball, now Jossy calls...

(CLAP, CLAP)

Jossy's Giants!!??

Dependable, Reliant

Put your faith in Jossy's Giants

Get stuck in, we're gonna win...

(CLAP, CLAP)

Jossy's Giants!!

:blush:

98530[/snapback]

Champion.

I should have remembered it, but I'm not as old as you ;) .

Didn't it change from series to series, there was a world cup one.

Wow, something to do in Perth, that must have been a novelty ;)

B)

I haven't seen this yet, can someone with decent taste tell me if it's worth it?

98520[/snapback]

Amazing, we dont just have cinemas we have more then that... we have a bell tower...

Any director who can make Tynemouth beach look like Bali deserves a prize IMHO

98537[/snapback]

Yeah it looked real nice albeit a bit windy. What was that big huge wall that went out into the sea?

Im surprised they had enough footage of fans celebrating but the hairs did go up on the back of the neck with the fly overs of in and around the ground including the Strawberry. Looks real good in Newcastle but then again i have been told otherwise by other pom mates.

B)

I haven't seen this yet, can someone with decent taste tell me if it's worth it?

98520[/snapback]

Amazing, we dont just have cinemas we have more then that... we have a bell tower...

98537[/snapback]

Yeah it looked real nice albeit a bit windy. What was that big huge wall that went out into the sea?

98543[/snapback]

That's Hadrian's Wall, it goes all the way to Norway.

B)

98520[/snapback]

98537[/snapback]

Im surprised they had enough footage of fans celebrating but the hairs did go up on the back of the neck with the fly overs of in and around the ground including the Strawberry. Looks real good in Newcastle but then again i have been told otherwise by other pom mates.

98543[/snapback]

That would be Tynemouth pier. Just ignore your mates, Newcastle is a very nice looking city.

I would recommend it Alex - it's probably the best footy film ever although that really isn't saying much. It was all filmed around Newcastle near where I work or Tynemouth near where I live, which I guess gave it added appeal to me, so I may be biased.

I would recommend it Alex - it's probably the best footy film ever although that really isn't saying much. It was all filmed around Newcastle near where I work or Tynemouth near where I live, which I guess gave it added appeal to me, so I may be biased.

98557[/snapback]

Close but no cigar. That would be Shaolin Soccer.

Gregory's Girl

98566[/snapback]

Aye, well if you can call that a footy movie. Saw it again the other day actually, I've still got a crush on Claire Grogan. B)

Never heard of Shaolin soccer like - it sounds like a japanese video game.

Edited by Renton

98569[/snapback]

Have you heard of Kung Fu Hustle? Up for best foreign film at the Bafta's this year. Well it's the same bloke (Stephen Chow) and i think it's as good as that. Bunch of people are shit at soccer, but realise that using their Kung Fu skills in the game gives them the advantage. It's frigging hilarious.

£5.99 at Sendit and worth every penny

Or PM me your address and I'll send you my copy. Everyone must see it.

98569[/snapback]

Have you heard of Kung Fu Hustle? Up for best foreign film at the Bafta's this year. Well it's the same bloke (Stephen Chow) and i think it's as good as that. Bunch of people are shit at soccer, but realise that using their Kung Fu skills in the game gives them the advantage. It's frigging hilarious.

£5.99 at Sendit and worth every penny

Or PM me your address and I'll send you my copy. Everyone must see it.

98575[/snapback]

Sounds interesting. Just spotted your ava. B)