Players Who Are Worse Than Joelinton?

Ugly Mackems

5 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

That makes two places I’ve never bothered with because I thought their name sounded a bit “meh” turn out to be amazing. 
The other one being Utrecht. 

Very fond memories of Utrecht, not least because it's where I watched the 5-1 with the Nolan hat-trick :D

• Like 1

19 hours ago, sammynb said:

So pound for pound Joelinton is obviously worse than Owen but I'd say Owen was a worse player for us.

There are at least moment where big Joel looks like he is trying, Owen did not give a fuck and made it obvious how much he didn't want to be here.

There must have been someone else at the club smart enough to see the ruse?!??

:spit:

Fucking scores of worse players than Joelinton. But nobody is going to set the world alight in Bruce's carnival of crap.

Maybe if we had the ball, played it on the floor, and created chances he wouldn't look as bad as he undoubtedly does. there's a bit of the JDT about his transfer for me.

Except JDT was a second striker played as a centre-forward because of an injury crisis. Joelinton is a second striker / wide-man we signed specifically to play in the wrong position. 

• Like 2

I think Joelinton has the potential to be decent, but he’s very very raw and lacks in some hard to train areas imo. I think a good coach could really bring him along (could say same about most though), as Nagelsmann getting decent production out of him at Hoffenheim shows to a degree. Bruce is a complete waste of space so he’s never going to develop Joelinton or as Alex says actually identify a role which maximizes his upsides, saying that though I can’t see us really having a coach good enough to properly improve him so it looks like he will just be shite here really. 

The bloke is clearly a good athlete, and with proper training on how to position himself and take contact he could be hard to push around. He’s shown some flashes on the ball, but they’re way too few and far between to be worth the errors he commits. The bloke tries, which I give him credit for especially in a team with the likes of lazy arses like Shelvey, but his ability on the ball is really lacking. Shame but as I say I can’t see us ever seeing much use from him, Bruce clearly can’t get much from him and then whenever it is Pulis or some other loser replaces Bruce they’ll get no use out of him neither. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

To be fair, I think some (most?) of those are due to miscontrol in the first place.

His second touch is usually a tackle.Like JDT,he’s  been played in a number of positions.In fact every position other than keeper and defender.He’s usually contributed nowt in all those positions.If you put a centre half at fullback he’d contribute something.Put a right back at outside left and he’d contribute.If a player doesn’t want to contribute,then using the excuse that he’s being played out of position doesn’t wash.Early in the game against Brentford you knew Shelvey was fuckin on.You knew Lewis the Coward wasn’t going to stick close to his man.

I’m guessing Brucey is telling his fullback’s to tuck in when the opposition are building an attack,I get that,but what our fullback’s are doing,especially Lewis the Coward,is intentionally tucking too far in to give themselves no chance of getting wide to stop the cross.Watch how easy the opposition put crosses in.Very rarely do they have to rush the crosses in,which of course gives them time to look up and pick a player out.I’ve noticed Wilson is looking more and more disinterested when high balls are played up to him in the air from Darlow

Can anyone remember the free kick we were awarded early in the first half,wide-ish left 15 yards or so from their box.Lewis the Coward played it back to a midfielder.Not long after we had a throw in level with the 18 line. Lewis the Coward hoyed it back to a midfielder.Do we really have a team with enough quality to play ‘keep ball’ until we create an opening for a defence splitting pass?
Back to Big Joe from Linton near Ashington,if you don’t know.Seriously,have you watched or played with players better than him? 
Brucey has either lost control of the dressing room or he’s more clueless than any of us thought.He’s a lucky,lucky man that games are being played with no NUFC fans in the ground.His pals in the media are still defending him,Howey,Sinclair,John Anderson and Jordan to name a few but if the next few results expectedly go pear shaped,even they may start to say it the way it actually is.

21 hours ago, Howay said:

I think Joelinton has the potential to be decent, but he’s very very raw and lacks in some hard to train areas imo. I think a good coach could really bring him along (could say same about most though), as Nagelsmann getting decent production out of him at Hoffenheim shows to a degree. Bruce is a complete waste of space so he’s never going to develop Joelinton or as Alex says actually identify a role which maximizes his upsides, saying that though I can’t see us really having a coach good enough to properly improve him so it looks like he will just be shite here really. 

The bloke is clearly a good athlete, and with proper training on how to position himself and take contact he could be hard to push around. He’s shown some flashes on the ball, but they’re way too few and far between to be worth the errors he commits. The bloke tries, which I give him credit for especially in a team with the likes of lazy arses like Shelvey, but his ability on the ball is really lacking. Shame but as I say I can’t see us ever seeing much use from him, Bruce clearly can’t get much from him and then whenever it is Pulis or some other loser replaces Bruce they’ll get no use out of him neither. 

Paul Daniels couldn't turn him into a footballer. He'll go down as the very worst signing we've ever made. (Fee and wage - not his fault) Probably! 

It HAS to be part of Steve Bruce T&C that he plays. I have zero doubt the rest of the squad know he's a fish out of water. 

Edited by Ugly Mackems

Well he’s poor,no idea and cannot motivate himself so partly responsible.Of course Bruce is the main problem.I don’t think we’ve ever had a manager who’s looked so clueless on the touch line then sounded so clueless in front of the media.Come early January Ashley may have to consider Brucey’s position because it’s looking like another relegation fight will be on the cards.Will he trust him to spend any transfer kitty wisely.With this COVID carry on there may well be nee money to spend.If he has to sell before we buy there will be next to nowt in the transfer kitty,unless he sells Wilson.Clark and Wilson have been generally reliable.The Saint can add a spark,when he fancies it.Darlow has a serious error in him during most games.Fernandez can be canny at times.The rest???? From average to utter garbage.I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again,we have quite a few players who don’t give a fuck.