Players Who Are Worse Than Joelinton?

Ugly Mackems

Playing devil's advocate here: he's no the first big money signing to arrive here and look hopeless. That's not slight on youse lot or England, just Bruce and the rest of the hierarchy. 

The bloke was Hoffenheims "fuck we need a new Firminho, pronto". I'd be half tempted to bet my mortgage that Firminho would look just as hopeless in a Newcastle shirt right now. 

Edited by Blastronaut

7 hours ago, Blastronaut said:

Playing devil's advocate here: he's no the first big money signing to arrive here and look hopeless. That's not slight on youse lot or England, just Bruce and the rest of the hierarchy. 

The bloke was Hoffenheims "fuck we need a new Firminho, pronto". I'd be half tempted to bet my mortgage that Firminho would look just as hopeless in a Newcastle shirt right now. 

Joelinton looks better playing as a support striker to Wilson. Not dissimilar to where he played in Hoffenheim's team. If we'd signed him for £6mil I think most would probably think he was a reasonable squad player. 

But 40 million fucking pounds, playing him as a target man and giving him the no.9 shirt are all fucking ludicrous decisions! 3 goals in 52 games FFS

• Like 3

2 hours ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

A downgrade on every striker I’ve seen play for us.At least Rob McDonald could head a ball,the same with Pingle ,Rafferty and Mavis

in the ashley era I reckon reilly would've been deemed prolific.

probably behind only ba.

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

As an aside, where the fuck is Carroll? :lol: laughing all the way to the bank no doubt 

Giving him another year. :lol: Even worse than getting him in the first place. Smacks of the decision by the same numb nuts who gave a clearly disinterested and injured Colo another deal because it was easier/cheaper than getting another decent CB in. I can imagine Rafa not being interested to put it mildly. 

• Like 3

On 01/01/2021 at 17:16, essembeeofsunderland said:

How long has BUJ been a striker ?

Shola never scuffed every shot.

BUJ doesn’t have one got foot or a trick.

You’re correct to say he’s not pacy.

You don’t need to watch BUJ in the flesh to realise he’s crap.Then again maybe YOU need to.

I wish someone in the media would ask Brucey what his strengths are.

Joelinton doesn't scuff every single shot, and the goals I remember from Ameobi's career are the ones put into the net by his shin/arse/knee/whatever. He was many things, but clinical he was not.

45 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

BUJ will never reach the below average hight’s that Shola reached.No one has said Shola was clinical.I’d rather have Sammy  or his sister Titi than our Brazilian number 9.

Think you're tunnelling on Joelinton being the worst player to ever pull on a black and white shirt, despite that clearly being bollocks. 

Get him playing under Hassenhutl, Rodgers, Nagelsman, Klopp, Guardiola and I think there's a decent raw talent there to be molded.

Just now, Ayatollah Hermione said:

If his football coach when he was 8 couldn’t sort his first touch, that lot couldn’t now he’s 24

I honestly think he could be a decent (not £40m) player with the right coaching. Ameobi was never blessed with a good touch and he was a solid, if unspectacular, Premier League player. What he learned, eventually, was how to play to his strengths. He became a decent target man. Similarly, Joelinton could be taught how to play off a striker. 

I don't think any manager employed by Ashley will have the ability to teach him, but that's another problem.