Players Who Are Worse Than Joelinton?

Ugly Mackems

2 hours ago, The Fish said:

I honestly think he could be a decent (not £40m) player with the right coaching. Ameobi was never blessed with a good touch and he was a solid, if unspectacular, Premier League player. What he learned, eventually, was how to play to his strengths. He became a decent target man. Similarly, Joelinton could be taught how to play off a striker. 

I don't think any manager employed by Ashley will have the ability to teach him, but that's another problem.

Nah sorry,he’ll never be a striker nor a target man.I think I’m correct in saying he played a sort of attacking role on the left ,not wide left,for Hoffenheim.When he’s found himself in that area for us,and other positions,he’s looked useless.He’s no Ray Kennedy for sure.Since he arrived,he’s definitely been our worst first team regular in the Premier League.His first touch,on occasions,has improved.His second touch isn’t now always a tackle.Shola went from being totally out of his depth as a top flight centre forward to being a handful which got him one contract after a number.Carroll is more a handful than anything else at the moment.If you don’t want to challenge ,and become a handful at worst as a central striker,then you need shipping out.We know Brucey is being told to select BUJ either as a starter or a sub.To bring nothing to the party in the vast majority of games is down to the individual 100%.

What about Carroll down the middle with Wilson ‘in the hole’. He’s proving he can run with the ball from deep and also run the channels ?

7 hours ago, The Fish said:

Joelinton doesn't scuff every single shot, and the goals I remember from Ameobi's career are the ones put into the net by his shin/arse/knee/whatever. He was many things, but clinical he was not.

In defence of the Mackem, Joelinton scuffs more shots than any other player at the club. I've never seen him put his laces through a ball yet 

I think it’s fucking hilarious that when Ashley did spend that sort of fee it was on a player who is shite and has virtually no resale value despite his still being young. 

42 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

In defence of the Mackem, Joelinton scuffs more shots than any other player at the club. I've never seen him put his laces through a ball yet 

The irony 😏

14 hours ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Nah sorry,he’ll never be a striker nor a target man.I think I’m correct in saying he played a sort of attacking role on the left ,not wide left,for Hoffenheim.When he’s found himself in that area for us,and other positions,he’s looked useless.He’s no Ray Kennedy for sure.Since he arrived,he’s definitely been our worst first team regular in the Premier League.His first touch,on occasions,has improved.His second touch isn’t now always a tackle.Shola went from being totally out of his depth as a top flight centre forward to being a handful which got him one contract after a number.Carroll is more a handful than anything else at the moment.If you don’t want to challenge ,and become a handful at worst as a central striker,then you need shipping out.We know Brucey is being told to select BUJ either as a starter or a sub.To bring nothing to the party in the vast majority of games is down to the individual 100%.

What about Carroll down the middle with Wilson ‘in the hole’. He’s proving he can run with the ball from deep and also run the channels ?

I think you're being too harsh on him. I think if we had been playing football on the deck a bit more last season and he wasn't so fucking isolated, he'd have better acclimatised to the English game. If he was played in his proper position with a decent players and a settled, sound system, he'd look better. As it is, in this team, only the 'keeper and a couple of defenders look like they're playing anywhere near their level. If we'd kept Rondon and Perez, added Joelinton and Almiron I think the big Brazilian wouldn't look half as bad as he does. 

I blame Bruce and the coaching team. Not just for how bad Joelinton's looked, but how bad the Longstaff's have been, Almiron, the fullbacks, the whole team really. Joelinton just gets the lion's share of criticism because we spent £40m on him, and Bruce inexplicably kept playing him out of position.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

He doesn't open himself up either. He needs coaching. He's still so raw. But we've seen, with decent coaching, even Moussa Sissoko came good. I mean, he scored against Brentford last night!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Fish said:

He doesn't open himself up either. He needs coaching. He's still so raw. But we've seen, with decent coaching, even Moussa Sissoko came good. I mean, he scored against Brentford last night!

I noticed Sissoko scored.

I still go back to my point regarding when he gets the ball in his ‘best’ position.He still looks hopeless.Put most players in a position they’re not used to playing in and they’d contribute something,if they wanted to.It’s no secret that he’s had chances to get in the box but hasn’t,and it’s been highlighted in the media.Brucey even came out and said that they’re working on it with BUJ.It’s nowt to do with confidence either.He’s decided from day 1 that it isn’t for him.A centre forward who reluctantly goes into the box looking to score goals!!! Put Dummitt wide right and contribute.He’d tackle,he’d go for headers and he’d run.Shearer’s the best crosser I’ve seen at Newcastle.When I comment on a players ability,what we paid for him doesn’t come into it.I just don’t see a footballer when I watch him.That’s fine if you think with this and that and him around him we’d see a different/better player.I can understand a manager looking to make a change or two to his tactics and even team if,for example,you had an excellent winger or target man in the team,if he believed the team would be improved.Not for a player of BUJ’s ‘quality’.If Brucey changing personel and tactics for BUJ,we’d be even weaker.He’s never going to be a goal scorer,nor playmaker nor goal maker yet he’s supposed to be an attacking midfield player.He never puts a cross in or goes past anyone.He rarely wins a header.What happens with him happens within 20-30 yards of him.He gets the ball he passes it or loses it then attempts to win it back all within 20/30 yards.He never breaks sweat.He never busts a gut to get forward or get back through running 40/50 yards.I know we have other players who don’t either,but that’s no excuse for BUJ not doing it,or I’d like to think it isn’t.We’d all love to see him become an asset,but I just don’t see it happening.

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I’m sorry, like but I’m not sure how playing in a team that would demand him to be better on the ball would help him. 

If nothing else, it would give him more opportunities to touch the ball. 

50 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

I noticed Sissoko scored.

I still go back to my point regarding when he gets the ball in his ‘best’ position.He still looks hopeless.Put most players in a position they’re not used to playing in and they’d contribute something,if they wanted to.It’s no secret that he’s had chances to get in the box but hasn’t,and it’s been highlighted in the media.Brucey even came out and said that they’re working on it with BUJ.It’s nowt to do with confidence either.He’s decided from day 1 that it isn’t for him.A centre forward who reluctantly goes into the box looking to score goals!!! Put Dummitt wide right and contribute.He’d tackle,he’d go for headers and he’d run.Shearer’s the best crosser I’ve seen at Newcastle.When I comment on a players ability,what we paid for him doesn’t come into it.I just don’t see a footballer when I watch him.That’s fine if you think with this and that and him around him we’d see a different/better player.I can understand a manager looking to make a change or two to his tactics and even team if,for example,you had an excellent winger or target man in the team,if he believed the team would be improved.Not for a player of BUJ’s ‘quality’.If Brucey changing personel and tactics for BUJ,we’d be even weaker.He’s never going to be a goal scorer,nor playmaker nor goal maker yet he’s supposed to be an attacking midfield player.He never puts a cross in or goes past anyone.He rarely wins a header.What happens with him happens within 20-30 yards of him.He gets the ball he passes it or loses it then attempts to win it back all within 20/30 yards.He never breaks sweat.He never busts a gut to get forward or get back through running 40/50 yards.I know we have other players who don’t either,but that’s no excuse for BUJ not doing it,or I’d like to think it isn’t.We’d all love to see him become an asset,but I just don’t see it happening.

We're going in circles. 

You think he's the worst player to pull on a Newcastle shirt and is beyond redemption.

I think that he's playing in a side managed by Steve Bruce and because of that, he (like everybody else) looks worse than they are.

15 hours ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

And having been told by Rafa he wasn’t worth it.

Undoubtedly part of his motivation was proving Benitez wrong. So that worked out well 

3 hours ago, The Fish said:

We're going in circles. 

You think he's the worst player to pull on a Newcastle shirt and is beyond redemption.

I think that he's playing in a side managed by Steve Bruce and because of that, he (like everybody else) looks worse than they are.

No,he’s not the worst player to pull on a Newcastle shirt,Fumaca is.As a Premier League player I believe he is beyond redemption.You cannot blame Bruce for his lack of ability.Like I’ve said before,if he’s been played out of position then he still should have produced a lot more.Am I wrong to say he’s recently been played in his best position? 

20 hours ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

No,he’s not the worst player to pull on a Newcastle shirt,Fumaca is.As a Premier League player I believe he is beyond redemption.You cannot blame Bruce for his lack of ability.Like I’ve said before,if he’s been played out of position then he still should have produced a lot more.Am I wrong to say he’s recently been played in his best position? 

I think the only way to get the most out of Joelinton is to play him as part of a front 3, with a team that controls the ball and possesses great movement.