Jump to content

Players Who Are Worse Than Joelinton?


Recommended Posts

On 23/12/2020 at 14:54, Howay said:

I think Joelinton has the potential to be decent, but he’s very very raw and lacks in some hard to train areas imo. I think a good coach could really bring him along (could say same about most though), as Nagelsmann getting decent production out of him at Hoffenheim shows to a degree. Bruce is a complete waste of space so he’s never going to develop Joelinton or as Alex says actually identify a role which maximizes his upsides, saying that though I can’t see us really having a coach good enough to properly improve him so it looks like he will just be shite here really. 
 

The bloke is clearly a good athlete, and with proper training on how to position himself and take contact he could be hard to push around. He’s shown some flashes on the ball, but they’re way too few and far between to be worth the errors he commits. The bloke tries, which I give him credit for especially in a team with the likes of lazy arses like Shelvey, but his ability on the ball is really lacking. Shame but as I say I can’t see us ever seeing much use from him, Bruce clearly can’t get much from him and then whenever it is Pulis or some other loser replaces Bruce they’ll get no use out of him neither. 

You are being far too kind. He’s turbo gash

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Diana Ross

COVID passes from person to person easily. 

Harsh  

Not sure where I called him good, I literally said I can’t see us ever getting much out of him. We have him now, so the club may as well coach him to be at least useful which he was at Hoffenheim where he had a talented coach managing him, or we can just brand him as shite and get nothing out of him then give Bruce more money to piss up the wall and not coach. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Howay said:

Not sure where I called him good, I literally said I can’t see us ever getting much out of him. We have him now, so the club may as well coach him to be at least useful which he was at Hoffenheim where he had a talented coach managing him, or we can just brand him as shite and get nothing out of him then give Bruce more money to piss up the wall and not coach. 

I wasn’t saying you were calling him good.I can only comment on what I’ve seen of him.What he’s done elsewhere interests me before he plays for us.Fumaca,Gavilan,Hamilton ( Des not Lewis) must have looked canny before signing for us,although George Graham blows that theory out the water,and then you have the Milton Nunez signing,which I won’t let my makem ‘friends’ forget.

I see nothing in his game.He’s shown nothing on the left,right or as the lone striker.His heading is poor.I’ve yet to see him spread the play,shoot on target from a distance,put a lovely cross in from either wing.Nee crunching tackle,nee real aggression.I do see him go down every game with an ‘injury’.He’s far from fast.Shite is probably the best word to describe him.If we sold him we wouldn’t get £10m for him.Who would sign him on what they’ve seen of him playing for us? Hey,like you I’d love to see him turn into a footballer but I cannot see it happening in this country.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Makes you wonder who he was alongside at Hoffenheim. We should probably sign him/them if they made him look decent enough to chuck mad money on

Iirc Isegrim said he was played wide in a front 3. He did well but the other two scored most of the goals. I don’t think he’s been a prolific goal scorer at any stage in his career though 

Link to post
Share on other sites

He is a poor mans Shola.

 

He has nice feet, a decent brain and the physical build to potentially be a PL footballer. Sadly I dont think he'll make it. For his attributes he should be getting 10 goals a season minimum. I don't see his value  out wide. He isnt mobile or dynamic enough and doesnt score any/enough goals to play through the middle.  He scuffs every shot he has.

 

He seems like a nice bloke and its not his fault we spunked £40m on him but he hasnt hit the expectations of even a £10m player.

 

Sadly we'll be lumped with him for years to come and possibly a couple of loans spells away before he leaves for free or a nominal fee.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Alex said:

Iirc Isegrim said he was played wide in a front 3. He did well but the other two scored most of the goals. I don’t think he’s been a prolific goal scorer at any stage in his career though 

 

I don't even mean to get him scoring goals. I just would love to know what they were doing to make him look decent at anything. Were they rolling the ball at him like he was one of the over 75 priests on Father Ted so he could control it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

 

I don't even mean to get him scoring goals. I just would love to know what they were doing to make him look decent at anything. Were they rolling the ball at him like he was one of the over 75 priests on Father Ted so he could control it?

Aye, I just meant that even if he was performing as well here as he did there, you still couldn’t expect lots of goals from him. So why the fuck would you sign him and play him as a centre forward? 

Edited by Alex
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Howay said:

Not sure where I called him good, I literally said I can’t see us ever getting much out of him. We have him now, so the club may as well coach him to be at least useful which he was at Hoffenheim where he had a talented coach managing him, or we can just brand him as shite and get nothing out of him then give Bruce more money to piss up the wall and not coach. 

The latter seems more likely

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Alex said:

He’s nowt like Shola. He’s a pacy second striker / wide man not an immobile target man 

 

Shola was the Geordie van Nistelrooj. Just watched all 72 Shola goals on youtube. Not hesitant to take a shot and with either foot.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, OTF said:

 

Shola was the Geordie van Nistelrooj. Just watched all 72 Shola goals on youtube. Not hesitant to take a shot and with either foot.

 

 

He played a season with a bad hip injury. He never looked like he could last 90 minutes after. Him and Lua Lua v Leverkusen - looked a very good young player. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/12/2020 at 21:35, essembeeofsunderland said:

I wasn’t saying you were calling him good.I can only comment on what I’ve seen of him.What he’s done elsewhere interests me before he plays for us.Fumaca,Gavilan,Hamilton ( Des not Lewis) must have looked canny before signing for us,although George Graham blows that theory out the water,and then you have the Milton Nunez signing,which I won’t let my makem ‘friends’ forget.

I see nothing in his game.He’s shown nothing on the left,right or as the lone striker.His heading is poor.I’ve yet to see him spread the play,shoot on target from a distance,put a lovely cross in from either wing.Nee crunching tackle,nee real aggression.I do see him go down every game with an ‘injury’.He’s far from fast.Shite is probably the best word to describe him.If we sold him we wouldn’t get £10m for him.Who would sign him on what they’ve seen of him playing for us? Hey,like you I’d love to see him turn into a footballer but I cannot see it happening in this country.

 

imagine being a kid again and hoping joelinton was about to become your version of our malcolm macdonald?!

 

:(

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/12/2020 at 17:13, Alex said:

He’s nowt like Shola. He’s a pacy second striker / wide man not an immobile target man 

 

Both strikers. Both scuff every shot. Both big lads. Both have decent feet and a trick.

 

I wouldn't say joelinton is pacy either.

 

Having said that I've never seen Joelinton in the flesh.

Edited by Holden McGroin
Link to post
Share on other sites

How long has BUJ been a striker ?

Shola never scuffed every shot.

BUJ doesn’t have one got foot or a trick.

You’re correct to say he’s not pacy.

You don’t need to watch BUJ in the flesh to realise he’s crap.Then again maybe YOU need to.

I wish someone in the media would ask Brucey what his strengths are.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

 

Both strikers. Both scuff every shot. Both big lads. Both have decent feet and a trick.

 

I wouldn't say joelinton is pacy either.

 

Having said that I've never seen Joelinton in the flesh.

They’re both shite. I’ll give you that 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...