Interesting quotes from Dyer...

Matty

Why is Dyer telling us all this now ?

If he had turned up and played for even 50% of the times he's supposed to have been playing, I may have had some sympathy for him, likewise it's difficult to take seriously such claims from a player, that he would play "anywhere" who treated the CAPTAINS armband like a piece of dogshit.

Having said that, not everyone is a complete bonehead like Souness, if he plays the way he did on Saturday for all of next season, and scores the winner in the FA Cup Final I might just forgive him !!!

98926[/snapback]

agree about the majority of his performancews for us,but he explains the armband stuff...as for souness,if he played the way he can(like owen) under souness the jock may still be here...be careful eh ?(i mean under souness he played well,just his appeareances were....infrequent~)

Edited by shakermaker

If he had turned up and played for even 50% of the times he's supposed to have been playing, I may have had some sympathy for him, likewise it's difficult to take seriously such claims from a player, that he would play "anywhere" who treated the CAPTAINS armband like a piece of dogshit.

Having said that, not everyone is a complete bonehead like Souness, if he plays the way he did on Saturday for all of next season, and scores the winner in the FA Cup Final I might just forgive him !!!

98926[/snapback]

agree about the majority of his performancews for us,but he explains the armband stuff...as for souness,if he played the way he can(like owen) under souness the jock may still be here...be careful eh ?(i mean under souness he played well,just his appeareances were....infrequent~)

98979[/snapback]

I don't believe a word about the armband.

Why didn't he explain at the time, and why did he laugh when he was booed for England ?

Pile of bollix.

As for him being "desperate" etc, at being a multi millionaire, coming from a "working class backround" then burning 20 quid notes in front of a barmaid and mocking her, my fuckin heart bleeds.

98926[/snapback]

98979[/snapback]

Why didn't he explain at the time, and why did he laugh when he was booed for England ?

Pile of bollix.

As for him being "desperate" etc, at being a multi millionaire, coming from a "working class backround" then burning 20 quid notes in front of a barmaid and mocking her, my fuckin heart bleeds.

98998[/snapback]

how many times down the town have you seen someone be that much of a a twat....but on a tenth of the cash ????...then is it possible they grow up ????

keep it down to him playing for us.....came back very well...done it before,will it continue ?????

as for the barmaid storys.......werent you one of craigys best fans,....i'd tell you a story or two !

98926[/snapback]

98979[/snapback]

Pile of bollix.

98998[/snapback]

how many times down the town have you seen someone be that much of a a twat....but on a tenth of the cash ????...then is it possible they grow up ????

keep it down to him playing for us.....came back very well...done it before,will it continue ?????

as for the barmaid storys.......werent you one of craigys best fans,....i'd tell you a story or two !

99004[/snapback]

ultimately, a player who does his stuff on the pitch, and trains hard, can have as big a gob as he likes for my money. So long as he delivers what he promises.

Even then, training hard isn't totally essential, contrary to what fuckwit seems to think when he insinuated that he picked players for what they did in training rather than on match day, because the best player I've ever seen play for Newcastle was a hopeless trainer, in the words of his manager, but he did it when it mattered.

It is better if they can behave themselves off the pitch but not everyone is like Shearer, Given and Speed [to name 3]. The day people start giving priority to and signing and buying players for their personality rather than football ability is the day the clubs character is extinguished, and probably with it realistic ambitions of ever becoming the club we want to be. The lesson of the past 17 months should be still fresh enough....good managers manage these players and channel their passion for life, the game, and desire to be winners into playing for the club, not just abandoning them and playing a team of emotionless robots devoid of expression and freedom, the extra 10% that wins you tight games and is all important.

This is the Souness way.

All the top teams have had wayward fiery characters that are managed properly, I have never said Craig Bellamy was anything else, only one of these players who is more than worth the extra effort.

Edited by LeazesMag

so after bellamys "fuck off" to robson at bolton,and chair throwing(whilst at the club)..not to mention his fall out with then manager soness,numerous other incidents...your'e still happy with his playing record(like woodgate at the time),good but seldom!

as for the souness way,re.dyer this week,bramble throughout,and taylor....didn't bully,but tried to help.....yes it wasnt enough,HE wasnt good enough,but to try and say he bullied everyone will be laughed at !

B)

Love you :P

98633[/snapback]

Shh! People (with slightly above average penises) will talk!

98639[/snapback]

;) He'll be too busy having sex ;)

:blush: Yes, I'm obsessed :blush:

98647[/snapback]

I thought you two would have given up with the whole 'i tried to shag mags' thing blown out of the water :rolleyes:

so after bellamys "fuck off" to robson at bolton,and chair throwing(whilst at the club)..not to mention his fall out with then manager soness,numerous other incidents...your'e still happy with his playing record(like woodgate at the time),good but seldom!

as for the souness way,re.dyer this week,bramble throughout,and taylor....didn't bully,but tried to help.....yes it wasnt enough,HE  wasnt good enough,but to try and say he bullied everyone will be laughed at !

99010[/snapback]

Oh dear.

No one has defended Bellamy and Bobby Robson, I fully realise he needed a kick up the arse, but didn't need to be sold. You don't read do you ?

I couldn't actually give a flying fuck about his fall out with Souness, because Souness would have fell out with someone when he came to the club to prove how "tough" he is, its just that Bellamy was the first one to cross him or the first one with the guts to see that he was shite and called him correctly.

Souness IS a bully. It has been proven over several years at several clubs and fall outs with several players.

Craig Bellamy played for 18 months for Newcastle carrying an injury which caused him great pain and could have ended his career, this has been pointed out by myself on several occasions, and we STILL get people saying "he didn't want to play for the club". Incredible. He wanted to play, and win, for this club more than most players that have played for us, I can't think of too many who played with more desire than him for this club over the years.

The simple fact is, were we better with Craig Bellamy or not ? Thats all that matters. A simple yes or no will do.

as for the souness way,re.dyer this week,bramble throughout,and taylor....didn't bully,but tried to help.....yes it wasnt enough,HE  wasnt good enough,but to try and say he bullied everyone will be laughed at !

99010[/snapback]

Oh dear.

No one has defended Bellamy and Bobby Robson, I fully realise he needed a kick up the arse, but didn't need to be sold. You don't read do you ?

I couldn't actually give a flying fuck about his fall out with Souness, because Souness would have fell out with someone when he came to the club to prove how "tough" he is, its just that Bellamy was the first one to cross him or the first one with the guts to see that he was shite and called him correctly.

Souness IS a bully. It has been proven over several years at several clubs and fall outs with several players.

Craig Bellamy played for 18 months for Newcastle carrying an injury which caused him great pain and could have ended his career, this has been pointed out by myself on several occasions, and we STILL get people saying "he didn't want to play for the club". Incredible. He wanted to play, and win, for this club more than most players that have played for us, I can't think of too many who played with more desire than him for this club over the years.

The simple fact is, were we better with Craig Bellamy or not ? Thats all that matters. A simple yes or no will do.

99013[/snapback]

Yes.

We're also better with Dyer.

Don't see the difference.

99010[/snapback]

Oh dear.

99013[/snapback]

Yes.

99044[/snapback]

If that is true, then we were also better with Dyer AND Bellamy, correct ?

And - if Bellamy had still been here, we wouldn't have needed Dyer to come back so much, correct ?

Souness created a situation whereby the only player we had with any pace became indispensable, the actions of a complete and total incompetent imbecile,

especially when the injury record the player he kept was atrocious, and saying he will build his team around a player who plays half the games at the most. Wanker.

Souness dug his own grave, apart from putting his ego before his best for the club, he sold those players before he should have done and paid for it with his job, unfortunately we sufered for it too, while he got his money anyway.

We could have won that UEFA Cup last season, we would certainly have been in the semi final, if Robert and Bellamy had played in Lisbon.

Edited by LeazesMag

Deja vu tbh

99066[/snapback]

Aye, some people just don't get it do they Alex

99072[/snapback]

;) Howay man, put this one to bed.

99076[/snapback]

what do you think of Zoggy then ?

Deja vu tbh

99066[/snapback]

Aye, some people just don't get it do they Alex

99072[/snapback]

;) Howay man, put this one to bed.

99076[/snapback]

what do you think of Zoggy then ?

99079[/snapback]

:P Class

99010[/snapback]

Oh dear.

99013[/snapback]

Yes.

99044[/snapback]

And - if Bellamy had still been here, we wouldn't have needed Dyer to come back so much, correct ?

Souness created a situation whereby the only player we had with any pace became indispensable, the actions of a complete and total incompetent imbecile,

especially when the injury record the player he kept was atrocious, and saying he will build his team around a player who plays half the games at the most. Wanker.

Souness dug his own grave, apart from putting his ego before his best for the club, he sold those players before he should have done and paid for it with his job, unfortunately we sufered for it too, while he got his money anyway.

We could have won that UEFA Cup last season, we would certainly have been in the semi final, if Robert and Bellamy had played in Lisbon.

99065[/snapback]

I don't disagree with you. I just find it hard to understand why people don't give a shit what Bellamy did off the pitch but feel it's an issue when Dyer does something.

I'd rather have both in the team, and I wouldn't give a shit what either did off the pitch.

99010[/snapback]

Oh dear.

99013[/snapback]

Yes.

99044[/snapback]

99065[/snapback]

I don't disagree with you. I just find it hard to understand why people don't give a shit what Bellamy did off the pitch but feel it's an issue when Dyer does something.

I'd rather have both in the team, and I wouldn't give a shit what either did off the pitch.

99095[/snapback]

I actually only really give a shit what they do on the pitch.....there is only one winner there

I don't think either of them has done anything as serious as what Rio Ferdinand did for instance, or Jody Morris

What I mostly dislike about Dyer off the pitch is mouthing off about what he's going to do then doing a disappearing act when it comes to the crunch - for THAT, if I was his manager he'd get his arse kicked, hard. And of course the captains armband .....