And So This Is Christmas!

Monkeys Fist

Merry Christmas chaps. 

It’s been a weird year, and it’s going to be a strange Christmas for many of us. 

Hope you all make the best of it, and enjoy a break from the relentless shite. 

To all who’ve lost friends, family and loved ones, my thoughts are with you- it will get better. 

On a cheerier note, here’s Salma tossing a bit of salad. :lol:

5d65a8eddea179c5e5bad4a19fd67e1d.gif

• Like 1

Festive wishes from the beautiful tier 2 south..unfortunately a txt on Tuesday lunchtime has thrown plans into disarray.... was informed that the weekend before last I came into contact with someone who has tested positive so had to get a test..not had results yet but can't see anyone over the weekend  :(

So it's just me and the current Mrs PL.tommorow ..her and her mother are sad at this turn of events...on reflection, I'm less so :D

Hope you all have a great one 🎅

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

As I sit here having a shite I think it's time to reflect on my toontastic acquaintances and to wish the poor beggars a happy Christmas. So, err.... Merry Christmas! God bless us, everyone. 🎅

:lol:

Funnily enough, I was also “in production” when I made the post. 

• Haha 2

Not currently shitting, but Merry Christmas to the lot of you anyway. What a shit year in general but also for Newcastle. Can't believe I still watch the absolute shower that we have become week in and week out, I'm pretty sure it's because I have you lot on here to moan to about it, so thanks for that.

• Haha 1

Merry Christmas, one and all. This place continues to be a sanctuary from the fucking madness out there and a good laugh. No mean feat in the circumstances. Look out for each other. At the end of the day, your family and mates are what really matter. 

• Like 6

Merry Christmas everyone! Gonna echo sentiments about the importance of this community - it's genuinely helped me at times to know that I can come on here and argue relentlessly with people about total trivialities despite the fact that we're all basically on the same side of everything :D And I am grateful for your tolerance of my enthusiasm for that.

Stay safe and best wishes over the Christmas period.

• Like 4

I’m currently absolutely bossing Christmas dinner prep- 

Turkey crown with cranberry and orange butter under the skin, streaky bacon weave over the top. 
Roasties in goose fat with thyme. 
Roast carrots and parsnips in honey and wholegrain mustard. 
French beans wrapped with Parma ham laces. 
Spiced red cabbage

Sprouts with pancetta and chestnuts ( with a few chestnuts left over to roast for “garden visitors” tomorrow  with a bit of mulled wine). 
Pork stuffing with lemon, garlic and thyme. 
Buttered Spring greens ( Mrs. F’s request). 

By prepping this today, I’ve got it down to 45 mins kitchen time on the day, after the Turkey is done. 

If I don’t die of a heart attack I’ll see you on Boxing Day for the steak. :lol:

24 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Turkey crown with cranberry and orange butter under the skin, streaky bacon weave over the top. 
Spiced red cabbage

Sprouts with pancetta and chestnuts ( with a few chestnuts left over to roast for “garden visitors” tomorrow  with a bit of mulled wine). 

By prepping this today, I’ve got it down to 45 mins kitchen time on the day, after the Turkey is done. 

If I don’t die of a heart attack I’ll see you on Boxing Day for the steak. :lol:

sounds like the ideal way to spend chrismtas eve - enjoy. wish i was doing the same. instead, i'm sat at my desk, waiting for some copy on johnson's deal to land. 

merry fucking brexmas 

• Haha 4

All the very best everyone. The less said about 2020 the better but the chat and humour on here has help me get through it, so I thank you all.

Enjoy spending time with your loved ones, it’s been a tough old so Christmas excess is to be expected. Let’s all drink to forget 2020.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

All the best everyone. Shite year, hope the next one's better. We've got It's A Wonderful Life On, which is 90% pure fucking misery. 👌

I’ve never been a fan of it, as you say it’s a fucking misery-fest for the most part. 
The Great Escape is my go-to Christmas movie. 

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

sounds like the ideal way to spend chrismtas eve - enjoy. wish i was doing the same. instead, i'm sat at my desk, waiting for some copy on johnson's deal to land. 

merry fucking brexmas 

Fuck. 
That. 

It’s the arse end of Christmas Eve mate, it can fucking wait. 

33 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

All the best everyone. Shite year, hope the next one's better. We've got It's A Wonderful Life On, which is 90% pure fucking misery. 👌

:lol: 

29 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

merry fucking brexmas 

Hope you’re working from home. That way you can write it half cut. I can think of no greater tribute to our glorious leader. 

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Spiced red cabbage

Absolutely guaranteed you take enormous satisfaction in asking everyone at the table ‘who wants stuffing?’ 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I’ve never been a fan of it, as you say it’s a fucking misery-fest for the most part. 
The Great Escape is my go-to Christmas movie. 

Fuck. 
That. 

It’s the arse end of Christmas Eve mate, it can fucking wait. 

i'm still at it. 

i swear these cunts chose this time on xmas eve to announce the deal just to stitch up us poor hacks