And So This Is Christmas!

Monkeys Fist

Mad though- I knew they ( my parents) were mates with the Animals, Chas Chandler and Hilton Valentine in particular, (Alan Price who was pleasant initially but rapidly became “a right shithouse”),  and were on first name terms with about half of The Stones, until they went stratospheric, and had met Hendrix, Clapton etc. 
After tonight’s Buddy Rich tale, I asked her how many other massively influential musicians they just happened to “know/ had stayed at ours when I as little”? 
Spencer Davis and Steve Winwood came for tea before a gig, Elton John, before he was well known, The Junco Partners were good friends, The Who played after-hours sets for them numerous times, and she remembers meeting a new band in the late 60s, after she’d finished working there but her younger sisters, who still worked there, knew them- Led fucking Zeppelin. :lol:
Most of these legendary fuckers came after their gigs at the City Hall and jammed with the house band ( usually the Juncos) and/or anyone who could play. 
Fucking hell man…:lol:

I’ve asked her to write it all down, just to have a record of it - ( before she goes micey, we both knew that’s what I meant but politely ignored it.) 

Zeppelin. 

Fuck me :lol:

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Tom said:

They should have kept an autograph book :lol: 

If Fist is anthing to go by, none of the autographs would have been legible after Grandma Fist had them all three sheets to the wind!

So Christmas is well and truely over in the nb house, I'm off out for an hour's drive to pick up 8sqm of grass turf so I can finish returfing the backyard.

Who the fuck opens on boxing day/St Stephen's to sell grass besides herbal dealers???

Jeez, my mam got me a class pair of headphones purely of her own accord. (sennheiser wireless over ear things)

I’m listening to records I’ve been playing over 20 years and hearing new things. 

The future isn’t all bleak, although I regret the £20 headphone budget I’ve set myself for the past decade....

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Tom said:

Jeez, my mam got me a class pair of headphones purely of her own accord. (sennheiser wireless over ear things)

I’m listening to records I’ve been playing over 20 years and hearing new things. 

The future isn’t all bleak, although I regret the £20 headphone budget I’ve set myself for the past decade....

Once you’ve discovered good headphones, there’s no looking back, my man. One of life’s true pleasures is feeling a bit pissed and hearing music in good quality headphones

9 hours ago, Tom said:

Sennheisers are the dogs bollocks. My pair of HD 25s are still going strong after 25 years 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Once you’ve discovered good headphones, there’s no looking back, my man. One of life’s true pleasures is feeling a bit pissed and hearing music in good quality headphones

Turns being half-cut / stoned on the metro after a night out down the coast with Tooj into a cinematic experience. Well, almost. Fuck, I miss doing that. 

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 1

I'm hanging out me arse here, mind. :lol: Very tempted to actually and seriously ditch the drink till I can go out for a pint with mates. (Don't drink spirits anymore for a reason but I got a present and thought 'oh, go on then'. Silly boy!)

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Aye it’s class. I was nearly spark out last night with some Beatles on and you can pretty much pick out each track & focus on it if you like. 

Also some of the more immersive stuff is a genius listen.

3 hours ago, Alex said:

Turns being half-cut / stoned on the metro after a night out down the coast with Tooj into a cinematic experience. Well, almost. Fuck, I miss doing that. 

The smooth sounds of Kenny G wafting down the carriage since you’re too pissed to realise you haven’t turned them on

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Aye it’s class. I was nearly spark out last night with some Beatles on and you can pretty much pick out each track & focus on it if you like. 

Also some of the more immersive stuff is a genius listen.

Aye, the 50th anniversary remasters are magic work. The production upgrades on Abbey Road, especially are astounding. The crispness of the harmonies on Sgt Peppers too. Oof

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Aye, the 50th anniversary remasters are magic work. The production upgrades on Abbey Road, especially are astounding. The crispness of the harmonies on Sgt Peppers too. Oof

It’s a little piece of heaven like. The harmonies seem to be done in group recordings and have their own place in the mix.

Proper beautiful stuff, especially when they start really fucking with stuff.

It’s like discovering music again.

• 11 months later...

Get on the ladder.

Put up the decorations. Did you forget my elbow is broke.

Now! It was not a question.  My parents will be here in 3.5 hours.

Wait? Wut? I thought this year we were celebrating by ourselves.

Snow? Is it sticking? No! NO! 

Looking like they are now in town till the 21st. 

27 minutes ago, ohhh_yeah said:

Get on the ladder.

Put up the decorations. Did you forget my elbow is broke.

Now! It was not a question.  My parents will be here in 3.5 hours.

Wait? Wut? I thought this year we were celebrating by ourselves.

Snow? Is it sticking? No! NO! 

Looking like they are now in town till the 21st. 

you alright?

• Haha 2