And So This Is Christmas!

Monkeys Fist

23 hours ago, strawb said:

I’ve had my first fresh veg in what feels like an ice age today and it feels good.

My movements have been less than satisfactory recently, mainly due to wine, lager and rich foods. 

It’s good to share

The Yule log I unfurled on Boxing Day morning smelt of sage and onion. Beat that! 

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Tangentially, I saw this at the supermarket today :blink:

Doesn’t sound too nice but it’s not exactly in the same league as: https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/read-this/terrys-and-heinz-release-world-first-chocolate-orange-mayo-how-to-get-a-jar-3478405

(or was that a hoax? I’d like to think so). 

On 29/12/2021 at 17:16, strawb said:

I’ve had my first fresh vag in what feels like an ice age today and it feels good.

I bet it does. I. Bet. It. Does. Nudge, nudge. Wink, wink. Know what I mean? Know what I mean? tenor.gif?itemid=5500109

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 11 months later...
On 24/12/2020 at 16:01, Monkeys Fist said:

I’m currently absolutely bossing Christmas dinner prep- 

Turkey crown with cranberry and orange butter under the skin, streaky bacon weave over the top. 
Roasties in goose fat with thyme. 
Roast carrots and parsnips in honey and wholegrain mustard. 
French beans wrapped with Parma ham laces. 
Spiced red cabbage

Sprouts with pancetta and chestnuts ( with a few chestnuts left over to roast for “garden visitors” tomorrow  with a bit of mulled wine). 
Pork stuffing with lemon, garlic and thyme. 
Buttered Spring greens ( Mrs. F’s request). 

By prepping this today, I’ve got it down to 45 mins kitchen time on the day, after the Turkey is done. 

If I don’t die of a heart attack I’ll see you on Boxing Day for the steak. :lol:

Just in case you’ve missed something :lol: 

Ours is all from M&S. Fuck doing it from scratch. 

I will however be producing a spreadsheet today with all the timings on to make sure that a 1:30pm eating time is observed. 

Columns for each item to be cooked. Rows at 15 minute intervals. 

• Haha 4

I’m just off to the Stak for a doggy social with Santa Claus followed by a stroll on the beach. Then back home for a lazy afternoon watching something good before a “party picky tea”.  ( hoping to swing by a B&M for the tablets).

Then a lovely evening anticipating the sheer joy all my friends and family will have opening their Mugs :lol: 

Off for a sea front walk now, have all day breakfast if I can find somewhere decent  eating out in a local pub tomorrow,  first time I've ever done that. But couldn't face the empty chairs here. Hopefully will be nice 

• Like 7

Cleaning/tidying up for me, doing the turkey early as I fucked up taking it out last night, the fun literally never starts. Still, it's a better Christmas then some are going to have so insert shrug shoulder emoji here.

• Like 2

I had to go out this morning to pick up a few last minute bits. Dropped the Current Mrs PL at the beach car park with the mutt about 10am, it’s an hours walk up through woodland back to ours. I then went to get the bits…however, thought I’d swing into the local record shop for chat the with lads & a quick rummage through the racks….2.5 hours later and I’ve not made Asda or Homebase and I’m £100 down  (highlights: Blue Note Leonard Cohen compilation, Jackson’s Christmas album, Get Carter soundtrack :good: ) 

Merry Christmas comrades! 🥳🧑‍🎄

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Spirited is this afternoon's watch, I think. My dreamboat Ryand Reynolds and non-dreamboat Will Ferrell in a Christmas musical spectacular.

CT, have you seen this? It's bent as fuck, you'd love it. 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Spirited is this afternoon's watch, I think. My dreamboat Ryand Reynolds and non-dreamboat Will Ferrell in a Christmas musical spectacular.

But first, the spreadsheet. 

Wouldn't bother, it's shite. We are going to watch Violent Night with Hopper from Stranger Things 

56 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

I had to go out this morning to pick up a few last minute bits. Dropped the Current Mrs PL at the beach car park with the mutt about 10am, it’s an hours walk up through woodland back to ours. I then went to get the bits…however, thought I’d swing into the local record shop for chat the with lads & a quick rummage through the racks….2.5 hours later and I’ve not made Asda or Homebase and I’m £100 down  (highlights: Blue Note Leonard Cohen compilation, Jackson’s Christmas album, Get Carter soundtrack :good: ) 

Merry Christmas comrades! 🥳🧑‍🎄

Stick a bit of Joy Division on after Leonard Cohen to really get you feeling festive 

• Haha 5