Woodgate - a sorry story

Rob W

I really feel for the lad - brilliant player but physically he's obviously not up for it

How long can he keep going through all the ops, the special training etc etc and then getting a few games in before he's back at the docs?

A thigh strain they think, having tests today. Wasn't it his thigh that was knackered for us?

99190[/snapback]

They said hamstring last night. Not the easiest thing to confuse.

99199[/snapback]

I'm a bit confused by the BBC's reporting of it. They say they're going to do tests on his thigh today but then admit he pulled up last night with a suspected hamstring strain.

A thigh strain they think, having tests today. Wasn't it his thigh that was knackered for us?

99190[/snapback]

They said hamstring last night. Not the easiest thing to confuse.

99199[/snapback]

Looked like a hamstring as he was feeling the back of his leg. The commentator was just saying how well he'd been playing and how they'd kept a lot of clean sheets with him in the side of late when oops...

;)

There was an interview with him in the Saturday Times. He was MotM for Real in three consecutive matches, then they rested him, and were tonked 6-1 in the cup.

He is an outstanding talent with a positional understanding better to none. I think he is England's best central defender if only he could keep uninjured. Shame.

I really feel for the lad - brilliant player but physically  he's obviously not up for it

How long can he keep going through all the ops, the special training etc etc and then getting a few games in before he's back at the docs?

99166[/snapback]

George Bush is to blame, obviously.

As a defender he's a genius, plain and simple and can transform any back 4 you put him in.

Sadly because of his injury record and fitness any club these days would be daft to spend more than say £5m-£6m at best and get him on a pay as you play deal.

If he stayed fit throughout his career he'd be remembered as one of the alltime great world defenders and its a real shame he probably won't.