tonight's lineup

Dr Gloom

with all the champions league hype it's difficult to remember that we've got a game on tonight. what lineup would you like to see for charlton?

i see the chronicle are talking up bowyer's chance of a recall - do me a favour tbh.

shola looked like he was struggling with his hip against saints and luque looked as sharp as he has done for us so i'd rest shola and start start the spaniard up top alongside dyer. the rest as you were.

if dyer is fit i fancy another 3 points. he was buzzing on saturday. hopefully those hamstrings can hold up to another game.

What's the likelyhood of Shearer playing? Or Dyer for that matter?

I'm desperate to see Luque start, but don't think he will. Same team as against Saints.

EDIT: Babayaro back in probably.

99201[/snapback]

dunno - there's feck all about this match anywhere online. anyone know the latest on the injury front? both are in the provisional squad but i reckon dyer has to start if he's fit after saturday's performance.

agreed about luque. it seems the perfect game to ease him back in. i reckon he did enough on saturday to deserve a chance.

I'm desperate to see Luque start, but don't think he will. Same team as against Saints.

99201[/snapback]

Still suspended. So it's Robbie Elliott's chance to see if he can pass it straight for once.

99201[/snapback]

Still suspended. So it's Robbie Elliott's chance to see if he can pass it straight for once.

99215[/snapback]

fat chance.

just as long as he doesn't attempt anymore cruyff turns on the edge of the area ;)

99201[/snapback]

99215[/snapback]

Aye Babayaro misses tonight too as he got an automatic extra match ban after admitting to the charge of violent conduct earlier in the season against Everton/Cahill.

Start Luque, looking sharper and his attitude his better now. If Dyer is rested then he is key in my opinion, he has pace and will make things happen in a team that passes along the ground and doesn't play long ball shit, He would work with Emre, N'Zogbia and Dyer very well along with Solano in my opinion. Start him!!! Put Shearer back in for Ameobi? Shearer will finsih chances that Shola misses, I'd bring Shola on for him if we have a lead on 60 mins.

heard on metro this morning that dyer will be rested.

if this is the case it would probably be the same team as last week but with shearer back in.

oh and prob luque for ameobi. Hes got about 3 months left to save his toon career i reckon.

Edited by J69

I'd play Luque instead of Dyer, he needs a rest i reckon. I'd have Chopra on the bench if Shearer's not fit. Charlton are pretty awful tbh.

99241[/snapback]

Got to agree with that. Save Dyer for Everton as they'll be harder to break down and don't even put him on the bench, just get him rested for the weekend.

heard on metro this morning that dyer will be rested.

if this is the case it would probably be the same team as last week but with shearer back in.

99242[/snapback]

And Dyer out.

Is Shearer not knackerd though? Although, if he feels 75% he'll pick himself. Sorry, I mean Roeder will pick him.

99252[/snapback]

Aye, he's also an injury doubt.

In the Chronicle Roder is talking as if Shearer's out and Dyer is doubtfull (I wouldn't play him even if there were no doubt) so surely it has to be Luque with Shola.

99266[/snapback]

i'd be interested to see if they can do a job together. might be a bit toothless though....and not the quickest front two the world has ever seen.

Looks like Shearer will be out, and if theres even a tiny element of risk we have to rest Dyer to make sure he's fine for the next few games.

So this is the best chance to give Luque a full game up front to see what he can do, now that he'll have the likes of Zog, Emre and Nobby playing football to create for him instead of Souness' gameplan of smacking 10 foot high balls at him and creating nothing to take advanatge of his movement and well timed runs.

with all the champions league hype it's difficult to remember that we've got a game on tonight. what lineup would you like to see for charlton?

i see the chronicle are talking up bowyer's chance of a recall - do me a favour tbh.

shola looked like he was struggling with his hip against saints and luque looked as sharp as he has done for us so i'd rest shola and start start the spaniard up top alongside dyer. the rest as you were.

if dyer is fit i fancy another 3 points. he was buzzing on saturday. hopefully those hamstrings can hold up to another game.

99198[/snapback]

Ok, how about I explain that it's a team game, you don't just pick your favourite players or leave out those you 'hate'.

In a standard 4-4-2 one of the central midfielders must get beyond the strikers, neither Parker nor Emre do this naturally. Rob Lee was strong in the tackle but he still got forward into the box, one of those two has to start doing that. They may well be better footballers than Bowyer, but the balance is wrong. In my opinion, like.

Hopefull it would force us to play football though as they're both awfull in the air.

At least with Luque you get some mobility even if he's not got blistering pace.

99276[/snapback]

Saw a couple of good passes from him the other day but I didn't see this mobility you're on about. What is this compared against?

Hopefull it would force us to play football though as they're both awfull in the air.

At least with Luque you get some mobility even if he's not got blistering pace.

99276[/snapback]

Saw a couple of good passes from him the other day but I didn't see this mobility you're on about. What is this compared against?

99361[/snapback]

I haven't saw Saturdays game yet (I had to take the missus out unfortunately and haven't had time to watch the dvd yet) so I can't comment on how he played in that game. But in other games I have seen him play (for us) he has made plenty of good runs (such as the one in the opening minutes of the smoggies game which ended up in him rounding the keeper then hitting the post or the one at the end of his debut when he miss hit his shot past Van Der Sarr) but so far he's not been able to find the end product or his team mates haven't been able to pick him out.

Despite a lack of any real pace he is still managing to make runs into space.

99198[/snapback]

Ok, how about I explain that it's a team game, you don't just pick your favourite players or leave out those you 'hate'.

In a standard 4-4-2 one of the central midfielders must get beyond the strikers, neither Parker nor Emre do this naturally. Rob Lee was strong in the tackle but he still got forward into the box, one of those two has to start doing that. They may well be better footballers than Bowyer, but the balance is wrong. In my opinion, like.

99358[/snapback]

While I agree having one of Parker or Emre getting ahead of the strikers would be nice, I think if you remove Parker you are taking away our best player and the only one in the squad who can break up the opositions play and win us back posession and if you remove Emre you take out the one player who can spray the passes around and pick out any other runners.

Bowyer compensates for none of this as he cannot pass to save his life and his tackling is awfull (though certainly commited). Add to that his shooting boots seem to have been missplaced this season, so I see no reason to bring him back into the team.

Oh and I suppose you could compare it against Shola standing waiting for the ball to come to him or Shearer not having the legs to carring around like he used to, if you like.

99379[/snapback]

Well aye, but that doesn't mean mobility is a strong point of his game, does it? ;)

99198[/snapback]

99358[/snapback]

While I agree having one of Parker or Emre getting ahead of the strikers would be nice, I think if you remove Parker you are taking away our best player and the only one in the squad who can break up the opositions play and win us back posession and if you remove Emre you take out the one player who can spray the passes around and pick out any other runners.

Bowyer compensates for none of this as he cannot pass to save his life and his tackling is awfull (though certainly commited). Add to that his shooting boots seem to have been missplaced this season, so I see no reason to bring him back into the team.

99382[/snapback]

Is this any different to people somehow finding it essential that Luque should start a game despite doing nowt so far????

As I say, it's a team game, it's about getting the blend right. It's wrong at the moment.