tonight's lineup

Dr Gloom

with all the champions league hype it's difficult to remember that we've got a game on tonight. what lineup would you like to see for charlton?

i see the chronicle are talking up bowyer's chance of a recall - do me a favour tbh.

shola looked like he was struggling with his hip against saints and luque looked as sharp as he has done for us so i'd rest shola and start start the spaniard up top alongside dyer. the rest as you were.

if dyer is fit i fancy another 3 points. he was buzzing on saturday. hopefully those hamstrings can hold up to another game.

99198[/snapback]

Ok, how about I explain that it's a team game, you don't just pick your favourite players or leave out those you 'hate'.

In a standard 4-4-2 one of the central midfielders must get beyond the strikers, neither Parker nor Emre do this naturally. Rob Lee was strong in the tackle but he still got forward into the box, one of those two has to start doing that. They may well be better footballers than Bowyer, but the balance is wrong. In my opinion, like.

99358[/snapback]

While I agree having one of Parker or Emre getting ahead of the strikers would be nice, I think if you remove Parker you are taking away our best player and the only one in the squad who can break up the opositions play and win us back posession and if you remove Emre you take out the one player who can spray the passes around and pick out any other runners.

Bowyer compensates for none of this as he cannot pass to save his life and his tackling is awfull (though certainly commited). Add to that his shooting boots seem to have been missplaced this season, so I see no reason to bring him back into the team.

99382[/snapback]

was going to reply but you said pretty much everything i was going to say.

all i'd add is that bowyer hasn't had his shooting boots with him the entire time he's been at newcastle let alone this season.

it's all very well getting into the box, but it helps if you can hit the target once you get there...something bowyer seems to have forgotten since he left leeds.

.cock:

Newcastle United: Shay Given, Peter Ramage, Jean Alain Boumsong, Titus Bramble, Nobby Solano, Emre, Scott Parker, Charles N'Zogbia, Lee Bowyer, Shola Ameobi

Subs: Steve Harper, Lee Clark, Albert Luque, Michael Chopra, Amady Faye

Only ten named (nice one) but I think they've just missed Elliott out. Ameobi and Bowyer ahead of Luque is embarrassing tbh. Love to know who's picking the team. Whoever it is is determined to make a loss on £9.5m.

.cock:

Newcastle United: Shay Given, Peter Ramage, Jean Alain Boumsong, Titus Bramble, Nobby Solano, Emre, Scott Parker, Charles N'Zogbia, Lee Bowyer, Shola Ameobi

Only ten named (nice one) but I think they've just missed Elliott out. Ameobi and Bowyer ahead of Luque is embarrassing tbh. Love to know who's picking the team. Whoever it is is determined to make a loss on £9.5m.

99432[/snapback]

Or someone who doesnt want a liability in the team....

.cock:

99432[/snapback]

99439[/snapback]

Yet they've picked Ameobi?

.cock:

99432[/snapback]

99439[/snapback]

Yet they've picked Ameobi?

99443[/snapback]

At least he tries (although sometimes it doesnt look like it!)

ameobi's been trying for years, its clear he just hasnt got what it takes to be a top striker.

Can we have luque have a go now please??

99450[/snapback]

Up front on his own?????

99451[/snapback]

few people can play worse than ameobi on his own

but a luque ameobi partnership would do for today

ameobi's been trying for years, its clear he just hasnt got what it takes to be a top striker.

99450[/snapback]

Up front on his own?????

99451[/snapback]

99454[/snapback]

I find Shola plays better leading the line tbh.

99450[/snapback]

Up front on his own?????

99451[/snapback]

99454[/snapback]

99456[/snapback]

could be

but i think we really should take a gamble on luque. The guy was quality in spain, he's got such great ability and technical skill. He isn't getting the chance here. Take the example of peter crouch, rubbish for liverpool for such a long time. but they had faith in him. surely you have got to have faith in someone you have paid so much for?? now crouch has started to play well, and he hasnt got a tenth of the ability of luque. Im not saying luque will definitely succeed here. but it will be such a pity if we dont give him the chance to. We have to put aside this lazy foreigner thing to be honest

As I say, it's a team game, it's about getting the blend right. It's wrong at the moment.

99390[/snapback]

Well if that blend thats so wrong gets us its 4th win on the trot tonight i'll be delighted.

99428[/snapback]

Reminds me of last season when we had a winning run against shite teams in the Uefa Cup, blinkered types claiming that all was well, while those of us who can see the bigger picture recognised the problems.

BTW We've conceded just 1 goal in the last 4 games, you'll be telling me next that our defenders are top notch and we have no problems at the back.

99450[/snapback]

Up front on his own?????

99451[/snapback]

99454[/snapback]

99456[/snapback]

could be

but i think we really should take a gamble on luque. The guy was quality in spain, he's got such great ability and technical skill. He isn't getting the chance here. Take the example of peter crouch, rubbish for liverpool for such a long time. but they had faith in him. surely you have got to have faith in someone you have paid so much for?? now crouch has started to play well, and he hasnt got a tenth of the ability of luque. Im not saying luque will definitely succeed here. but it will be such a pity if we dont give him the chance to. We have to put aside this lazy foreigner thing to be honest

99457[/snapback]

Difference is that Crouch showed some effort, desire to play for the club and some heart. You can't compare the two.

Crouch has the right attitude, and it's not stupid to select him ahead of someone more talented but with no desire (such as Cisse). His persistance had eventuallty come to something, although I'm not too convinced with him. He's hardly scored many.