Luque

adios

Ha ha ha

What isn't funny is that LM was correct.........from the start.

But...........give him time, blah blah blah.

99547[/snapback]

There is no way that anybody could have legitimately stated hed be shite, anyone who watched him play before he came to us raved about him, pace, skill, finishing the lot he appeared to be class. All the manager of the time could go off was what we all saw, a good player. The fact he turned out to be a crock of shite was in no way inevitable.

99549[/snapback]

I haven't noticed anybody saying he'd be shite BEFORE he came here. I thought it was after he'd been seen sauntering around the pitch in a black and white shirt looking like he didn't give a shit.

Edited by Howaythelads

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with that SLP, if he's showing dis-interest than that simply is not on...

Interesting to note that some people who are knocking him for this though are the same people who said Robert could do no wrong... ;)

(not including you in this...)

99597[/snapback]

I'll bite, 'cos it's fun.

That's because Robert didn't do what Luque does ( or should I say doesn't ). He scored and created more goals than the rest of the midfielders combined, which means despite how much people want to believe otherwise, Robert produced something, Luque has produced fúck all. :P

99890[/snapback]

That's true like, much as I was sick of Robert in the end.

I'm still confused as to why the manager is involved in contract negotiations. I thought the chairman did that sort of thing?

99867[/snapback]

Doesn't the manager tell or recommend to his chairman who he wants to keep, sell, or buy ?

Funny that, I thought its been like that for the last 40 years at least

I do hope you aren't going to suggest that a chairman hires a manager, pays him a fortune, then does his job for him again .......

99879[/snapback]

So does the manager decide how much to pay the player?

99885[/snapback]

No, I wouldn't think so. Gol, the only problem here with the line you are taking this is that if he hadn't backed his manager you would have been up in arms at him not doing what a chairman should do.

He backed his manager. I didn't agree he should back him any longer, so I can criticise, unfortunately those who said he should continue backing his manager agreed with Fred so if he's been a cunt then you made the same judgement.

I say Shepherd is one of the top chairman, in spite of his faults, I can point out that very few have backed their managers and ran more successful ones which prove that, those of you that disagree and think he's "shit" simply can't point out too many inferior clubs results and fortunes on and off the pitch to prove your case.

I'm still confused as to why the manager is involved in contract negotiations. I thought the chairman did that sort of thing?

99867[/snapback]

Doesn't the manager tell or recommend to his chairman who he wants to keep, sell, or buy ?

99879[/snapback]

Aye then the chairman negotiates the contract. Incidentally, do you think Dyer wouldn't have got a new contract under Robson?

99882[/snapback]

He wouldn't have got it under me ;)

99867[/snapback]

99879[/snapback]

Aye then the chairman negotiates the contract. Incidentally, do you think Dyer wouldn't have got a new contract under Robson?

99882[/snapback]

He wouldn't have got it under me :P

99896[/snapback]

No room - Bellamy/Shepherd manwich tbh. ;)

A player will only be offered a new contract if the TEAM MANAGER makes it known that he wishes to keep the player at the club, therefore, even a fúcking dodo can work out that Dyer was awarded a new contract because Souness wanted to keep him.

99902[/snapback]

But he already had a contract. Wouldn't a chairman make the decision himself whether or not to extend it, AFTER a manager recommends it?

Souness would have kept Dyer whether he had a new contract or not, would he not?

A player will only be offered a new contract if the TEAM MANAGER makes it known that he wishes to keep the player at the club, therefore, even a fúcking dodo can work out that Dyer was awarded a new contract because Souness wanted to keep him.

99902[/snapback]

Are you not pleased we kept him? I know he's injured constantly, but I think if (huge if) we can get him playing regularly he's a big player for us. We look a totally different team when he's on song.

99902[/snapback]

Who is arguing against that though?

99902[/snapback]

Are you not pleased we kept him? I know he's injured constantly, but I think if (huge if) we can get him playing regularly he's a big player for us. We look a totally different team when he's on song.

99906[/snapback]

Gemmill, he's on song as you put it twice a year on average and has been for the 8 years or so. We were mad to renew his contract.

99902[/snapback]

99906[/snapback]

He won't be fit often enough.

He's a big player for us when he plays only because shithead booted out all of the other players with flair, pace and movement.

I think Dyer as a footballer has talent, he could be good. Unfortunately, he's fúcking stupid and so is wasting his talent.

99902[/snapback]

99906[/snapback]

Gemmill, he's on song as you put it twice a year on average and has been for the 8 years or so. We were mad to renew his contract.

99910[/snapback]

he's one of our best players when fit but his injury problems are so bad, he should have blatantly been offered some kind of appearance-related contract.

he's one of our best players when fit but his injury problems are so bad, he should have blatantly been offered some kind of appearance-related contract.

99946[/snapback]

Aye but then what happens when he tells us to fuck off and goes on a free somewhere? If Dyer can play for a few months without an injury then he becomes a very valuable asset.

Fat Fred bought Luque. I'm no Souness fan, but he wasn't that arsed about him. Fat Fred told him he was getting him. I know some people won't want to hear this, but Souness had fuck all to do with the signing.

100093[/snapback]

LM's gonna go mental. Not only are you saying he can't abuse Souness over Luque, you're actually saying he's duty-bound to transfer all the abuse he's given Souness onto Shepherd. Oh dearie me.

Could it be that Graeme Souness deserves a modicum of sympathy over the signing of the winger Albert Luque, whose desperate form has left his £9.5m transfer fee looking hideously inflated? Sources close to the deal insist Luque was bought at the behest of the chairman Freddy Shepherd and his son Kenneth with minimal input from Souness. This may explain why the Shepherds refuse to countenance offloading the misfiring winger to raise funds while continuing to blame Souness's transfer activities for the club's results. The Shepherds have form for such ill-starred purchases, having foisted Patrick Kluivert on a reluctant Bobby Robson in 2004.

Fat Fred bought Luque. I'm no Souness fan, but he wasn't that arsed about him. Fat Fred told him he was getting him. I know some people won't want to hear this, but Souness had fuck all to do with the signing.

100093[/snapback]

This is a common rumour, Fred is supposed to have bought a few of Robson's last signings as well, but Bobby denies that in his autobiography. He's certainly capable of telling porkies but I can't see what his motivation would be.

Anyway, one lazy left-winger does not make a bad chairman.

100093[/snapback]

LM's gonna go mental. Not only are you saying he can't abuse Souness over Luque, you're actually saying he's duty-bound to transfer all the abuse he's given Souness onto Shepherd. Oh dearie me.

100094[/snapback]

:D

I would concur with that actually. Luque is certainly not a Souness player, he smacks of a desperation buy by Shepherd to get bums on seats. What's worse is when we bought Owen he became entirely superfluous. LM's constant harping on about Shepherd is getting a bit tiresome now tbh, I expect I'm going to regret saying this. :yes

It's not me that harps on about Shepherd, its those who keep insisting that one of the best chairman in the league, who most others wish they had, is shit.

Again - YOU tell me who is better, if he is shit that should be most of them ...

Amazing you say Shepherd is shit yet said the manager who was 14th should "be given time"

:yes

You think the club has a bottomless pit of money and he's shit if he doesn't hand over 50m for transfers, then think he's shit if he does........

You think he's shit if he doesn't attract top managers, then think he does when he attracts a winner of 4 league titles and 3 FA Cups .... can't attract top managers with a CV like that ?

:D

Edited by LeazesMag