Luque

adios

I've been very patient with him, but tonight again I thought he showed very little, doesn't really get stuck in, looks off the pace and disinterested. I'm very worried that the 18 million spent on him and Boumsong is money down the drain, honestly I think Boumsong has shown more value for money than him.

5 million a piece, cut our losses and reinvest.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've stuck up for him, however now I've decided I've had enough being patient with him. It's strating to annoy me this "Luque will come good, give him a chance next season, he just needs to adjust..." attitude of many fans. Firstly why would he want to stay? He'll go to Real Madrid for a knockdown price instead of spending another miserable season here, because he's "given a chance." Secondly, of course he needs to adjust, but that's only if he wanted to. I'm sure he could improve if he had the determination to do so, but frankly he is uninterested, and why should we persist in sticking up for somebody uninterested when Bramble and Boumsong are at least, making an effort? I don't see the, getting much support. Just sell him is all I say. He doesn't need a chance, he needs what's best for him and that's a transfer back to Spain.

Edited by TheInspiration

I've been very patient with him, but tonight again I thought he showed very little, doesn't really get stuck in, looks off the pace and disinterested.  I'm very worried that the 18 million spent on him and Boumsong is money down the drain, honestly I think Boumsong has shown more value for money than him.

5 million a piece, cut our losses and reinvest.

99467[/snapback]

change the name to Souness and its the same old story, "not good enough", "give time".

Get the useless knacker out, but don't talk him down and try to get a fee.

I only hope people remember these 2 deals, among others, that were all down to Souness' professional "expertise" when Fred gets crucified for not having another 50m quid in the summer.....

BTW, the bold bit was obvious as fuck after his first game.

Edited by LeazesMag

99492[/snapback]

Ye knaaa what? you'd make a shite TV detective, Credits roll, theres a scream and a bodies found, cue to the driveway and a big old Ford Capri pulls up and out steps inspector Leazes, butler opens the door and you say "you're nicked, it was obvious from the start"

Cue closing credits and music.....

99492[/snapback]

Ye knaaa what? you'd make a shite TV detective, Credits roll, theres a scream and a bodies found, cue to the driveway and a big old Ford Capri pulls up and out steps inspector Leazes, butler opens the door and you say "you're nicked, it was obvious from the start"

99501[/snapback]

That Columbo was a clever bugger mind

1 - Can't tackle.

2- Can't pass.

3 - Can't run.

4 - Can't jump.

5 - Can't trap (the ball)

6 - Can't shoot

7 - Can't dribble

8 - Can't strike (a free kick)

9 - CAN'T BE FUCKING ARSED.

To think though we got each of his 9 attributes for £1m each!

Yes Souness, you are indeed a cunt!

I Think he is actually lazy, Luque was just walking back, rarely ran, it is pathetic, i think he has had to much time to go out drinking and lazing about, he needs to get motivated.

99492[/snapback]

99501[/snapback]

Ha ha ha

What isn't funny is that LM was correct.........from the start.

But...........give him time, blah blah blah.

Ha ha ha

What isn't funny is that LM was correct.........from the start.

But...........give him time, blah blah blah.

99547[/snapback]

There is no way that anybody could have legitimately stated hed be shite, anyone who watched him play before he came to us raved about him, pace, skill, finishing the lot he appeared to be class. All the manager of the time could go off was what we all saw, a good player. The fact he turned out to be a crock of shite was in no way inevitable.

1 - Can't tackle.

2- Can't pass.

3 - Can't run.

4 - Can't jump.

6 - Can't shoot

7 - Can't dribble

99524[/snapback]

Whereas we got a whole £9.5m worth of 'CAN'T BE FUCKING ARSED' out of Laurent Robert! ;)

I think he could have been great for us (could still be feasibly) and circumstances have certainly conspired against him.

However, he hasn't done himself any favours.

99471[/snapback]

Exactly.

I've no doubt the lad has got talent, but he looks disinterested and a bit powder puff.

Guest CrimsonFault
1 - Can't tackle.

2- Can't pass.

3 - Can't run.

4 - Can't jump.

6 - Can't shoot

7 - Can't dribble

99524[/snapback]

Whereas we got a whole £9.5m worth of 'CAN'T BE FUCKING ARSED' out of Laurent Robert! ;)

99557[/snapback]

At least he gave us some great times to go with his bad ones like!

I can't beleive he is a bad as what he looks at the moment, you simply don't get to play for Spain if you are. But he just doesn't look like he fits in with the rest of the team. He looks like an outsider and as such he can't seem to get himself motivated.

I'm sure it doesn't help that he found himself basically the 6th choice to play up front at the minute or that every slight error is met with groans from the crowd. But at the end of the day it's up to him to show more than he is and at the moment it looks he can't do that and the sooner we sell him the better.

Regardless of whether he can perform any better or not in this country, I think the bloke is suffering from a massive lack of confidence at the moment which would frankly affect the greatest players in the game.

Bergkamp suffered from it when he was at Inter - no doubting the fact that he's an awesome player though.

Would have been interesting to see how things had turned out had his cheeky free-kick gone in against Southampton...

Regardless of whether he can perform any better or not in this country, I think the bloke is suffering from a massive lack of confidence at the moment which would frankly affect the greatest players in the game.

Bergkamp suffered from it when he was at Inter - no doubting the fact that he's an awesome player though.

Would have been interesting to see how things had turned out had his cheeky free-kick gone in against Southampton...

99589[/snapback]

I think people could accept a lack of confidence or getting used to the English game, but it's the fact he walks round the pitch, doesn't chase balls, and looks like he couldn't give a shit thats pissing people off. I'm still willing to give him a chance, but he's really testing my patience. When he went on that run in the middle of the park, the Charlton lad went shoulder to shoulder with him, and he just gave up, stopped running when the ball was still there to be won. Even the most patient amongst us were tested with that one.

Agree with that SLP, if he's showing dis-interest than that simply is not on...

Interesting to note that some people who are knocking him for this though are the same people who said Robert could do no wrong... ;)

(not including you in this...)

Agree with that SLP, if he's showing dis-interest than that simply is not on...

Interesting to note that some people who are knocking him for this though are the same people who said Robert could do no wrong... ;)

(not including you in this...)

99597[/snapback]

:P

Robert produced the goods in terms of goals and assists - that much is indisputable. I'm not going to rise to your bait, but you should question yourself why YOU have felt it necessary to bring up Robert twice in a thread that has nowt to do with him.

As for Luque, did anyone notice on Saturday against Southampton how he walked straight off the pitch without clapping the fans or swapping shirts, unlike the rest of the team? People saying he needs time to adapt are talking bollocks. He doesn't appear to have the skill to do anything right, and what's worse is he isn't even bothered. He's a bigger waste of money than Marcelino and is acting like a complete cunt imo. I'd take 3 million for him and get rid asap.