Luque

adios

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you'll find that Shepherd's comments on the cost of manufacture of replica shirts had a huge impact on our merchandise sales. Not to mention that his comments were grossly offensive to most people even if they were true.

I can't believe even you can defend him on the following points:

The timing of the dismissal of Daglish.

The treatment of Robson during his last few months. His timing of his dismissal and the fact he had no replacement lined up.

His employment of Souness, and even worse his persistence with him. Giving the twat money to spend on shhite like Luque and Boumsong. Even if he didn't sign these players himself he should have vetoed their acquisition.

His continued leeching from the club, regardless of results on and off the pitch.

A good chairman would have won something at Newcastle by now, our lack of success is directly attributable to the chief honcho, Shepherd. I've said it before and I will say it again. We need an effective chief executive to make the footballing decisions at Newcastle, because Shepherd is clearly incompetent. I'll volunteer.

100239[/snapback]

i was going to reply to leazesmag but this post pretty much covers everything. the only thing i'd add is the ridiculous statements shepherd makes.

he seems to think he's some kind of celebrity chairman come director of football. the best chairmen tend not to say too much to the media. shepherd is a media whore and every time he opens his fat gob on sky sports news he seems to make the club even more of a laughing stick. it's no wonder jim white and the likes love him.

100241[/snapback]

We were talking about the clubs results........

Basically the fact that he in your words is a "media whore" has absolutely nothing to do with the clubs results on the football field, and furthermore when we were playing in the Champions League, and buying Michael Owen no one gave a shit.

Do you think by your comment about Dalglish that he should have stayed ?

Why do you not answer my question about you being happy when Gullit was replaced by Bobby Robson ?

Why do you STILL not name all the "dozens" of chairman who have ran their clubs more successfully than Fred, thus qualifying your statement he is "shit" ?

Giving Souness money to spend on Boumsong is something myself and Renton can criticise him for because we said at the time it was stupid, however those who backed him doing this [and even worse actually thought the 2 knackers were any good, especially Luque] can't because they agreed with Fred ........

Basically the fact that he in your words is a "media whore" has absolutely nothing to do with the clubs results on the football field, and furthermore when we were playing in the Champions League, and buying Michael Owen no one gave a shit.

100257[/snapback]

Ah, but Souness bought Michael Owen, not Fat Fred, right?

100257[/snapback]

100259[/snapback]

lame reply, why not answer the rest of the post, or all of it, in context.

Fact is, there are very few chairman out there as good as or better than Fred, and some of you either can't see it, or just don't want to, which is why you don't answer properly

I think you'll find that Shepherd's comments on the cost of manufacture of replica shirts had a huge impact on our merchandise sales. Not to mention that his comments were grossly offensive to most people even if they were true.

The treatment of Robson during his last few months. His timing of his dismissal and the fact he had no replacement lined up.

His employment of Souness, and even worse his persistence with him. Giving the twat money to spend on shhite like Luque and Boumsong. Even if he didn't sign these players himself he should have vetoed their acquisition.

His continued leeching from the club, regardless of results on and off the pitch.

A good chairman would have won something at Newcastle by now, our lack of success is directly attributable to the chief honcho, Shepherd. I've said it before and I will say it again. We need an effective chief executive to make the footballing decisions at Newcastle, because Shepherd is clearly incompetent. I'll volunteer.

100239[/snapback]

i was going to reply to leazesmag but this post pretty much covers everything. the only thing i'd add is the ridiculous statements shepherd makes.

he seems to think he's some kind of celebrity chairman come director of football. the best chairmen tend not to say too much to the media. shepherd is a media whore and every time he opens his fat gob on sky sports news he seems to make the club even more of a laughing stick. it's no wonder jim white and the likes love him.

100241[/snapback]

Why do you not answer my question about you being happy when Gullit was replaced by Bobby Robson ?

Why do you STILL not name all the "dozens" of chairman who have ran their clubs more successfully than Fred, thus qualifying your statement he is "shit" ?

Giving Souness money to spend on Boumsong is something myself and Renton can criticise him for because we said at the time it was stupid, however those who backed him doing this [and even worse actually thought the 2 knackers were any good, especially Luque] can't because they agreed with Fred ........

100257[/snapback]

you're right. the fact that shepherd is a media whore has nothng to with results. it would be acceptable if we were getting results. we're not, so it adds to the embarrasment.

daglish should not have been sacked 4 games into a new season after spending the club's money, neither should robson. why let your manager spend then sack him before the season's got going?

if you don't trust your manager have some balls and sack him in the summer - you don't give him a small fortune to spend then bottle it and sack him after a handful of games. if you think shepherd got his timing right on either occasion you are either too stubborn to admit you are wrong or deluded.

likewise for souness. anyone who knows anything about football knew shepherd had hired the wrong man from day one. what does shepherd do? in an attempt to save face and prove he didn't hire the wrong man after last season's farcical 14th place finish, he backs him to the tune of £50m then sacks him a day after the jan transfer window shuts effectively writing off another season.

surely even you as shepherd's biggest fan must accept that this is one of the greatest fuckups in permiership history. he's put us back 5 years.

tbh i'd take most premiership chairman over shepherd. probably any of them with the exception of maybe doug ellis or bob murray.

Edited by Dan

100257[/snapback]

100259[/snapback]

Fact is, there are very few chairman out there as good as or better than Fred, and some of you either can't see it, or just don't want to, which is why you don't answer properly

100271[/snapback]

Why is it lame like, because it points out you're contradicting yourself yourself over who signs the players? Also, how is it you attribute our good results to Shepherd but our recent bad ones to Souness?

100257[/snapback]

100259[/snapback]

100271[/snapback]

ironing-center.jpg

100239[/snapback]

100241[/snapback]

100257[/snapback]

you're right. the fact that shepherd is a media whore has nothng to with results. it would be acceptable if we were getting results. we're not, so it adds to the embarrasment.

daglish should not have been sacked 4 games into a new season after spending the club's money, neither should robson. why let your manager spend then sack him before the season's got going?

if you don't trust your manager have some balls and sack him in the summer - you don't give him a small fortune to spend then bottle it and sack him after a handful of games. if you think shepherd got his timing right on either occasion you are either to stubborn to admit you are wrong or deluded.

I don't think he got it right or wrong, he hoped for an improved start to the season, like everyone else, and when it didn't happen had to react. In this situation he can't win, take this season as an example myself and a few others were calling for Souness' head from the off, IMO if he had allowed the Dalglish and Robson seasons to carry on then it is possible the same thing would have happened, as the season progressed more people would have wanted him out and before we knew it we would have been out of things to go for and the season would be effectively over. You can't have it both ways. My view is that there are obviuosly better times to sack managers than others but by far the one thing that really does matter is getting the right guy and if you do that then the timing is completely irrelevant. When Gullit went, was that bad timing ????????? No. Yet it was the same timing as Dalglish and Robson.

This view that Shepherd doesn't have ambition or can't appoint top managers is totally ludicrous in view of the fact he has done precisely that, appoint top managers.

likewise for souness. anyone who knows anything about football knew shepherd had hired the wrong man from day one .

I'm glad you said that, not me. That is about 90% of this board you are referring to.... :D because they said Fred ought to "back him", rather than "sack him", as myself, Renton, HTL and one or two others did, then when he backed him, they criticised Fred ! Amazing.

what does shepherd do? in an attempt to save face and prove he didn't hire the wrong man after last season's farcical 14th place finish, he backs him to the tune of £50m then sacks him a day after the jan transfer window shuts effectively writing off another season.

True, but again I just think he was eventually forced to react to the situation, having attempted to build the "stability" that people criticise him for, for not building !!!

In actual fact, the phrase "farcial 14th finish", while being spot on, also emphasises the increased expectations that have came about since Shepherd and the Halls took over, because before that, that was considered success. If you don't believe me look at the early 1970's when we finished 15th 3 times yet supporters think of it as a "golden era"

surely even you as shepherd's biggest fan must accept that this is one of the greatest fuckups in permiership history. he's put us back 5 years.

I can assure you the only thing I support is NUFC, but as I've said I think those of you that think Shepherd walking would automatically have Abramovic types to take his place have their heads in the sand. Go back to my question about how many chairman have ran their clubs better than Fred and be honest with your thoughts.

tbh i'd take most premiership chairman over shepherd. probably any of them with the exception of maybe doug ellis or bob murray.

100277[/snapback]

I reckon you should go to the other premiership clubs and ask them ....... I certainly would not take the chairman of Portsmouth, Birmingham, Everton, West Ham, Man City, Bolton, Fulham, West Brom, Blackburn, Charlton, Sunderland, Villa and Bolton before Fred. Arguably Wigan too as we don't know how he would react with a bigger more demanding club. Spurs and Chelsea have also had worse chairman than Fred in the recent past.

As well as Leeds, Crystal Palace, Southampton, Derby to name clubs who are outside the premiership for the moment. [which is where we spent a lot of time before Fred and the Halls, although I don't expect people to recognise the irony in that]

Edited by LeazesMag

Amazing how Shepherd can do the EXACT OPPOSITE of what Leazes would have advised with Souness, and yet he reserves all of his venom and pisstaking for posters on a message board, whilst the bloke actually oversaw and sanctioned ALL of the mistakes he CONSTANTLY witters on about is absolved of any blame. Teflon Fred.

Dalglish was given money to spend and sacked after TWO games, drawing one with Charlton and losing narrowly to Chelsea away. That was madness. Gullit had to go, but I find it unbelievable he repeated the process with Robson. Intelligent people learn from their mistakes. What does the fact that Shepherd doesn't tell you about him?

I'll remember the above post next time you criticise people for employing hindsight.

100304[/snapback]

explain

100314[/snapback]

Lame, answer my questions first.

Dalglish was given money to spend and sacked after TWO games, drawing one with Charlton and losing narrowly to Chelsea away. That was madness. Gullit had to go, but I find it unbelievable he repeated the process with Robson. Intelligent people learn from their mistakes. What does the fact that Shepherd doesn't tell you about him?

100313[/snapback]

that he doesn't know anything about football, one of the prerequisites - you'd think - for running a football club.

100313[/snapback]

he's learned his lesson :D ref fuckwit !

Actually Renton, if anything now I think that Dalglish maybe should have had more time, but we all reacted because we were pissed off with the demise following the Keegan years

100313[/snapback]

He's shit? :D

100313[/snapback]

that he doesn't know anything about football, one of the prerequisites - you'd think - for running a football club.

100317[/snapback]

And you think all those clubs chairman you didn't include earlier.....all know football ?????????????

I'll remember the above post next time you criticise people for employing hindsight.

100304[/snapback]

explain

100314[/snapback]

Lame, answer my questions first.

100316[/snapback]

explain

Amazing how Shepherd can do the EXACT OPPOSITE of what Leazes would have advised with Souness, and yet he reserves all of his venom and pisstaking for posters on a message board, whilst the bloke actually oversaw and sanctioned ALL of the mistakes he CONSTANTLY witters on about is absolved of any blame.  Teflon Fred.

100312[/snapback]

As I said, I called Souness correctly, and told Fred to get rid of him, not keep him.

Thats not a u-turn, its seeing a mistake.

But as he continues to push the club aiming for top spots, hires top managers and backs them with cash, he's doing his job as well as anyone else who isn't an Abramovic.

100313[/snapback]

100317[/snapback]

And you think all those clubs chairman you didn't include earlier.....all know football ?????????????

100320[/snapback]

maybe maybe not but you have to wonder if they are quite as clueless as wor fred.

i don't recall too many other premiership chairmen sacking their manager a handful of game s into a new season after letting him cain your money (not the smartest move in anybody's book) ...then doing the same thing a few years later...!

face it leazes....the man is a laughing stock. and he's the main reason why we can't attract a top quality manager. the best coaches should be queueing up for the newcastle job. look at everything we've got: money, support, facilities etc.

but they're not.....i wonder why that could be.