Luque

adios

It's not me that harps on about Shepherd, its those who keep insisting that one of the best chairman in the league, who most others wish they had, is shit.

Again - YOU tell me who is better, if he is shit that should be most of them ...

100150[/snapback]

Well Im no Shepherd hater but (and I cant be arsed to google the names of chairmen so I'll list the clubs).

Chelski, ManUre, Liverpool, Boro, Arse, Wigan.... are definites.

Add to that list the clubs that never do anything but dont have the cash we have yet at the same time manage to buy players and not make headlines because of the chairmans crass mouth and actions and your left with a list that contains all of the Premiership chairmen minus

Murray and Ellis.

100616[/snapback]

Don't agree with your definites, for reasons stated earlier by LM.

Anyway, I'd guess you weren't saying this kind of thing when we were 4th, 3rd and 5th. Or when FS appointed Dalglish, who had a track record better than Wenger, or when Gullit and Robson were later appointed as well. Good track records, especially Robson. Souness was a mistake and that's why we're in our present state, so Fred has to get it right next time.

Here's something else to consider, since you mention Liverpool. I've been slated yesterday by David Kelly and by Dan for suggesting Robson should have been moved on when we finished 3rd. I blame Fred for not recognising that by the way, so I see that as a mistake by Fred. Kelly and Dan have suggested Newcastle fans would have been 'up in arms' had Fred sacked Robson at that time, yet this Liverpool board you think are better sacked a man who had just won them 5 trophies. They sacked him because they knew he could take them no further. Surely therefore the Liverpool board is a shite board, it's obviously a disgrace that they sacked this man who had won them 5 trophies? Surely those who think it would have been so bad had Fred sacked Robson after finishing 3rd can't possibly believe the Liverpool board is a good one after such a disgraceful decision? Unless they accept the notion that what really matters is more to do with getting the right replacement than the actual timing of the sacking, like. :D

Personally, I think this kind of thing shows a board with ambition and vision. Fred is criticised for having no vision, but if he did show the kind of vision shown by the Liverpool board, you fickle lot would all be moaning on and on and on if he made a decision like that one. As I've said, damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. Should be the signature of quite a few on here.

Chelsea - A bottomless pit of money and of course, a better manager.

Middlesboro - Don't make me laugh. They're shite actually.

Arsenal - They just appointed a better manager, who replaced a shite one appointed by the same board.

Expectations at Wigan are low. But, he's a decent enough chairman having supported his manager within his resources just like Fred does. Jewell is of course, a better manager than Souness. :yes

Manure - More resources and of course, a better manager.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not me that harps on about Shepherd, its those who keep insisting that one of the best chairman in the league, who most others wish they had, is shit.

Again - YOU tell me who is better, if he is shit that should be most of them ...

100150[/snapback]

Well Im no Shepherd hater but (and I cant be arsed to google the names of chairmen so I'll list the clubs).

Chelski, ManUre, Liverpool, Boro, Arse, Wigan.... are definites.

Add to that list the clubs that never do anything but dont have the cash we have yet at the same time manage to buy players and not make headlines because of the chairmans crass mouth and actions and your left with a list that contains all of the Premiership chairmen minus

Murray and Ellis.

100616[/snapback]

must disagree on at least half the premiership as well as those mate if only on the basis that none of them dont have the ambition to fill their [smaller] grounds. The point about our previous chairmen having the same advantages and not making them count ie matching only those clubs with fanbase and grounds miles inferior to ours ie continuing the higher expectations, are in Shepherds favour, as are also clubs with capacities fairly close to ours who also have been mentioned. There is no reason whatsoever why these clubs have got absolutely nowhere near our spending or comparative success on the pitch.

At least you answered, but as I said there is no Abramovic waiting to take over the club, weigh up the odds of finding one, or be careful what you wish for....as we did when we got rid of Bobby Robson !

Edited by LeazesMag