Luque

adios

Dalglish was given money to spend and sacked after TWO games, drawing one with Charlton and losing narrowly to Chelsea away. That was madness. Gullit had to go, but I find it unbelievable he repeated the process with Robson. Intelligent people learn from their mistakes. What does the fact that Shepherd doesn't tell you about him?

100313[/snapback]

that he doesn't know anything about football, one of the prerequisites - you'd think - for running a football club.

100317[/snapback]

And you think all those clubs chairman you didn't include earlier.....all know football ?????????????

100320[/snapback]

maybe maybe not but you have to wonder if they are quite as clueless as wor fred.

i don't recall too many other premiership chairmen sacking their manager a handful of game s into a new season after letting him cain your money (not the smartest move in anybody's book) ...then doing the same thing a few years later...!

face it leazes....the man is a laughing stock. and he's the main reason why we can't attract a top quality manager. the best coaches should be queueing up for the newcastle job. look at everything we've got: money, support, facilities etc.

but they're not.....i wonder why that could be.

100325[/snapback]

I'm not sure about that mind, I'm still hoping we will get O'Neill and whatever you think of him he is a massive name. SJP is full of posh cars as I write btw.

For me, Shepherd's reputation is really on the line now. Earn your money you slug!

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dalglish was given money to spend and sacked after TWO games, drawing one with Charlton and losing narrowly to Chelsea away. That was madness. Gullit had to go, but I find it unbelievable he repeated the process with Robson. Intelligent people learn from their mistakes. What does the fact that Shepherd doesn't tell you about him?

100313[/snapback]

that he doesn't know anything about football, one of the prerequisites - you'd think - for running a football club.

100317[/snapback]

And you think all those clubs chairman you didn't include earlier.....all know football ?????????????

100320[/snapback]

maybe maybe not but you have to wonder if they are quite as clueless as wor fred.

i don't recall too many other premiership chairmen sacking their manager a handful of game s into a new season after letting him cain your money (not the smartest move in anybody's book) ...then doing the same thing a few years later...!

face it leazes....the man is a laughing stock. and he's the main reason why we can't attract a top quality manager . the best coaches should be queueing up for the newcastle job. look at everything we've got: money, support, facilities etc.

100325[/snapback]

So 4 league titles and 3 FA Cups is not a top manager ?

A manager of world wide repute, honours and an Ex England WC semi final isn't a top manager ?

A manager who won the FA Cup and left a team for the next guy who carried on winning more isn't a top manager?

As only Hitzfeld of the current people can currently match or beat the first one above. And some of the current managers being mentioned, and given approval, can't match the top 2, what exactly is a "top manager" ?

It's just hype mate, people are making things up which don't fit facts and believing them because they want to. What I state above is plain, unarguable facts.

I'll remember the above post next time you criticise people for employing hindsight.

100304[/snapback]

explain

100314[/snapback]

Lame, answer my questions first.

100316[/snapback]

explain

100321[/snapback]

You employed hindsight in the post but have a go at others for doing the same and you didn't answer my point re: how you contradict yourself, i.e. crediting Shepherd with signing Owen yet blaming Souness for signing Luque and Boumsong. Clear enough.

Amazing how Shepherd can do the EXACT OPPOSITE of what Leazes would have advised with Souness, and yet he reserves all of his venom and pisstaking for posters on a message board, whilst the bloke actually oversaw and sanctioned ALL of the mistakes he CONSTANTLY witters on about is absolved of any blame.  Teflon Fred.

100312[/snapback]

As I said, I called Souness correctly, and told Fred to get rid of him, not keep him.

Thats not a u-turn, its seeing a mistake.

But as he continues to push the club aiming for top spots, hires top managers and backs them with cash, he's doing his job as well as anyone else who isn't an Abramovic.

100324[/snapback]

Would you concede though that instead of wittering on about people on a message board that said to give Souness more time, you'd be better served berating the man who actually gave him it. Shepherd is the only ""give him time" Souness man" that mattered, you know?

likewise for souness. anyone who knows anything about football knew shepherd had hired the wrong man from day one .

I'm glad you said that, not me. That is about 90% of this board you are referring to.... :D because they said Fred ought to "back him", rather than "sack him", as myself, Renton, HTL and one or two others did, then when he backed him, they criticised Fred ! Amazing.

100302[/snapback]

That's absolute bollocks Leazes - you tell me one person who thought Souness was the right man when he was appointed!

For a hint, have a look here:

http://s7.invisionfree.com/toonchat/index.php?showtopic=214

Pretty unanimous opinions don't you think?

100313[/snapback]

He's shit? :D

100319[/snapback]

Howay man Alex, answer the questions.....you're getting as bad as Gemmill :yes

likewise for souness. anyone who knows anything about football knew shepherd had hired the wrong man from day one .

I'm glad you said that, not me. That is about 90% of this board you are referring to.... :D because they said Fred ought to "back him", rather than "sack him", as myself, Renton, HTL and one or two others did, then when he backed him, they criticised Fred ! Amazing.

100302[/snapback]

That's absolute bollocks Leazes - you tell me one person who thought Souness was the right man when he was appointed!

For a hint, have a look here:

http://s7.invisionfree.com/toonchat/index.php?showtopic=214

Pretty unanimous opinions don't you think?

100332[/snapback]

yep, I knew that, so why did you defend him and believe all that crap he started spinning about bad eggs, and "backing him"

For me, his demise started when he started the bad eggs shite, and any "time" I gave him [more out of hope than judgement though], finished at that point. Why didn't you all do the same ?

Edited by LeazesMag

Amazing how Shepherd can do the EXACT OPPOSITE of what Leazes would have advised with Souness, and yet he reserves all of his venom and pisstaking for posters on a message board, whilst the bloke actually oversaw and sanctioned ALL of the mistakes he CONSTANTLY witters on about is absolved of any blame.  Teflon Fred.

100312[/snapback]

As I said, I called Souness correctly, and told Fred to get rid of him, not keep him.

But as he continues to push the club aiming for top spots, hires top managers and backs them with cash, he's doing his job as well as anyone else who isn't an Abramovic.

100324[/snapback]

Would you concede though that instead of wittering on about people on a message board that said to give Souness more time, you'd be better served berating the man who actually gave him it. Shepherd is the only ""give him time" Souness man" that mattered, you know?

100331[/snapback]

By the way, a simple yes or no will do.

While I was there, I found a thread showing the official betting odds only 3 days before it became clear it was gonna be Souness....

In hindsight I wish I'd stuck a 'score' on it now...

Next permanent Newcastle manager

SELECTION

Click here or on ODDS to change view order ODDS BET NOW OR ADD TO MULTIPLE

S Bruce 13/8

D O'Leary 3/1

T Venables 3/1

G Strachan 14/1

A Curbishley 20/1

K Keegan 20/1

A Shearer 25/1

M O'Neill 25/1 SUSPENDED

S Allardyce 25/1

S McLaren 25/1

G Graham 33/1

G Houllier 33/1

G Hoddle 40/1

G Souness 40/1

O Hitzfeld 40/1

D Moyes 50/1

L Scolari 50/1

L van Gaal 66/1

J Gregory 80/1

M Hughes 80/1

I Dowie 100/1

P Beardsley 100/1

S Pearce 100/1

C Woodward 200/1

M McGhee 200/1

P Gascoigne 250/1

2004-09-03 20:00:00Source: http://s7.invisionfree.com/toonchat/index.php?showtopic=180

100312[/snapback]

100324[/snapback]

100331[/snapback]

By the way, a simple yes or no will do.

100335[/snapback]

his overall job has been well done, you dont' hang a man for one setback, I've said that. Did you hang Keegan for buying Hooper ? Or Arsprilla ?

I'll remember the above post next time you criticise people for employing hindsight.

100304[/snapback]

explain

100314[/snapback]

Lame, answer my questions first.

100316[/snapback]

explain

100321[/snapback]

You employed hindsight in the post but have a go at others for doing the same and you didn't answer my point re: how you contradict yourself, i.e. crediting Shepherd with signing Owen yet blaming Souness for signing Luque and Boumsong. Clear enough.

100330[/snapback]

I haven't actually, if Souness wanted to buy Owen all credit to him, although I just don't expect it to be his exclusive desire do you ?

LM said........

"So what is YOUR criteria for choosing a manager Alex ?"

In direct reply, Alex said........

"What have we won under Shepherd's stewardship and what level of stability and of long-term planning has he displayed?"

Hmm.......

100342[/snapback]

Of course neither LM or yourself have ever failed to respond to a question that's been put, have you HTL? :D

100313[/snapback]

100317[/snapback]

100320[/snapback]

face it leazes....the man is a laughing stock. and he's the main reason why we can't attract a top quality manager . the best coaches should be queueing up for the newcastle job. look at everything we've got: money, support, facilities etc.

100325[/snapback]

A manager of world wide repute, honours and an Ex England WC semi final isn't a top manager ?

A manager who won the FA Cup and left a team for the next guy who carried on winning more isn't a top manager?

As only Hitzfeld of the current people can currently match or beat the first one above. And some of the current managers being mentioned, and given approval, can't match the top 2, what exactly is a "top manager" ?

It's just hype mate, people are making things up which don't fit facts and believing them because they want to. What I state above is plain, unarguable facts.

100329[/snapback]

robson and dalglish were all appointed a long time ago. they weren't exactly cueing up last time were they? and we're yet to see if he can still attract the likes of o'neil this time round. i hope he can but i can see us having to accept fred's 4th or 5th choice again.

One of my criteria would be that the manager would be very satisfied with the squad as it is because i don't think we can afford wholesale changes. It happens too often at NUFC, new manager, new first 11. We need someone who can bring the potential out of the squad while strengthening on the cheap.

I guess the criteria people look for is track record, status, etc. I can see that, but my above point is essential imo. Souness clearly didn't like the squad which i think causes a lot of problems. Players get a new boss and the first thing he does is try to replace him, that would make me moody tbh.

One of my criteria would be that the manager would be very satisfied with the squad as it is because i don't think we can afford wholesale changes. It happens too often at NUFC, new manager, new first 11. We need someone who can bring the potential out of the squad while strengthening on the cheap.

I guess the criteria people look for is track record, status, etc. I can see that, but my above point is essential imo. Souness clearly didn't like the squad which i think causes a lot of problems. Players get a new boss and the first thing he does is try to replace him, that would make me moody tbh.

100347[/snapback]

This thread is about Luque. Please stay on topic!

100313[/snapback]

100317[/snapback]

100320[/snapback]

100325[/snapback]

100329[/snapback]

robson and dalglish were all appointed a long time ago. they weren't exactly cueing up last time were they? and we're yet to see if he can still attract the likes of o'neil this time round. i hope he can but i can see us having to accept fred's 4th or 5th choice again.

100346[/snapback]

I think you'll find that Dalglish was 2nd choice, after Robson, then a few years later Robson was first choice again.

We aren't manu or Real Madrid, managers aren't going to give up top jobs they already have to come here, but its a top job and they all know it, most others wouldn't turn it down.

I don't know why you expect a Fred to have a football knowledge of an expert BTW, very few do, they appoint managers for that. Very few chairman are better than Fred, because they are all basically the same, a lot of supporters have more football knowledge and understanding than chairman.

LM said........

"What have we won under Shepherd's stewardship and what level of stability and of long-term planning has he displayed?"

Hmm.......

100342[/snapback]

Of course neither LM or yourself have ever failed to respond to a question that's been put, have you HTL? :D

100344[/snapback]

Exactly :yes unless one of them is asking the other if it's in yet.

100313[/snapback]

100317[/snapback]

100320[/snapback]

100325[/snapback]

100329[/snapback]

100346[/snapback]

I think you'll find that Dalglish was 2nd choice, after Robson, then a few years later Robson was first choice again.

We aren't manu or Real Madrid, managers aren't going to give up top jobs they already have to come here, but its a top job and they all know it, most others wouldn't turn it down.

I don't know why you expect a Fred to have a football knowledge of an expert BTW, very few do, they appoint managers for that. Very few chairman are better than Fred, because they are all basically the same, a lot of supporters have more football knowledge and understanding than chairman.

100349[/snapback]

That's why you need a chief executive. Newcastle need a long term stategy which isn't happening under Shepherd at the moment.

100313[/snapback]

100317[/snapback]

100320[/snapback]

100325[/snapback]

100329[/snapback]

100346[/snapback]

100349[/snapback]

i don't expect him to be a football expert. i do however expect him to have some common sense, learn from his mistakes and stop making the club a laughing stock. going on the past two seasons he doesn't look like doing any of the above in the near future.

LM said........

Hmm.......

100342[/snapback]

100344[/snapback]

I don't duck questions, Craig. :yes

I'd actually weigh up the best of the available managers plus any managers currently at clubs who we could realistically attract rather than place set criteria. You can answer my question if you like Leazes.

Edited by alex

LM said........

Hmm.......

100342[/snapback]

100344[/snapback]

I don't duck questions, Craig. :yes

100367[/snapback]

But you'll have a go at me for ducking them but not your mate.

To get back on topic, it looks like Luque has been left out of the Spain squad for the friendlies next week. I can't find an official list, but the BBC are reporting Fabregas got in as well as the four main Spainish lads from Liverpool. No mention of the Baggage from Barcelona.