The Del Horno sending off

MattM4

I thought that piece play was a total disgrace. I was sitting there in the pub watching these overpaid overhyped twats, wriggling around like babies.

Messi did well to get passed Robben, then chicken out of the arriving Horny boy, whose challengh was stupidly inept. Del Horno didnt even stick up for clobbering someone or trying to, and just fell to the floor with some mysterious ailment, Messi did the same of course.

Then the ref just came along fell into and sent a player off. It pisses me off no end, and feel insulted when I see this.

Although Champions League is without doubt the place to be, it cringeworthy material all the way along. I'm not surprised Americans rip soccer to pieces, it can be absolute shit.

Thought Del Horno should have been booked for the challenge (no attempt made to get the ball) and then both of them should have been booked for the quite pathetic diving that took place afterwards.

Net result, Del Horno was rightly sent off - what beggars belief more is that people are arguing that the referee is a twat for giving him a straight red - doesn't matter, he committed two bookable offences and whether he'd shown two yellows and then a red or just a straight red, the lad rightly left the pitch.

Thought Del Horno should have been booked for the challenge (no attempt made to get the ball) and then both of them should have been booked for the quite pathetic diving that took place afterwards.

Net result, Del Horno was rightly sent off - what beggars belief more is that people are arguing that the referee is a twat for giving him a straight red - doesn't matter, he committed two bookable offences and whether he'd shown two yellows and then a red or just a straight red, the lad rightly left the pitch.

99555[/snapback]

the whole thing was rather pathetic indeed. Had I been the ref they would both have seen red for sure. Had I been at home instead of the pub the tv would have gone right off.

It just makes me sad for football's sake to see things like that. European games are such a pile a tripe. Even when we were in it.

Great listening to Mourinho complain about play acting on the radio: "...and he jump...and roll and roll and roll and roll." Aye Jose, I'm sure there's a few Celtic fans could tell you about "roll and roll and roll". Deco anyone? Tosser.

Isn't that what Robben did against Liverpool? ;)

99573[/snapback]

And Robert did against Charlton a couple of years back to win a penalty?

And Owen did against Argentina a couple of years back?

Every single team has players who cheat. It's down to officials to start doing something about it.

Isn't that what Robben did against Liverpool? :P

99573[/snapback]

Every single team has players who cheat. It's down to officials to start doing something about it.

99578[/snapback]

Which I seem to remember I criticised Robert for at the time and got little support over. An excuse offered by more than one member was that we'd had a penalty awarded against us a couple of weeks previously which shouldn't have been so the Robert dive was somehow justifiable! ;)

Agree it's high time the officials did something about this though - retro-disciplinaries need to be awarded...

Isn't that what Robben did against Liverpool? :P

99573[/snapback]

99578[/snapback]

Which I seem to remember I criticised Robert for at the time and got little support over. An excuse offered by more than one member was that we'd had a penalty awarded against us a couple of weeks previously which shouldn't have been so the Robert dive was somehow justifiable! ;)

Agree it's high time the officials did something about this though - retro-disciplinaries need to be awarded...

99583[/snapback]

aye, I remember that game well. RObert was well out of order, and was also defo one of few who gave him stick. If people dont look at their own teams and criticize them when they deserve then nothing will ever change.

As for the ref, although he made the right decision administritavely, he didnt have a clue what was going on, and gave DelHorno a red simply for the challenge.

Isn't that what Robben did against Liverpool? ;)

99573[/snapback]

99578[/snapback]

Some more than others though, like Jose's Porto. The ironing tbh.

What's worse is the first goal Rangers conceeded tonight. Doesn't make sense at all. This is supposed to be Champions League. You'd think they'd get some decent officials!

99568[/snapback]

A blatant handball, made sense to me.

99599[/snapback]

Or was it the 2nd? The offside? ;)

lol, what nationality is DelHorno again?

it's because of players like him that football has become a joke.

99819[/snapback]

Olé is an argentinian newspaper - they are doing the "England vs "Little Maradona" (Messi)"-theme... ;)

99819[/snapback]

Spanish? ;)

99820[/snapback]

I think Matt missed the B) tbh :rolleyes:

99848[/snapback]

;) what level of irony are we on now :blush::nufc::P:blush:

4, 5 ?? :nufc::nufc:

99819[/snapback]

Spanish? B)

99820[/snapback]

I think Matt missed the :rolleyes: tbh :blush:

99848[/snapback]

;) what level of irony are we on now :blush::nufc::P:nufc:

99858[/snapback]

I knew you were taking the Michael but did Gol know I knew you knew? ;)

99819[/snapback]

Spanish? B)

99820[/snapback]

I think Matt missed the :rolleyes: tbh :blush:

99848[/snapback]

;) what level of irony are we on now :blush::nufc::P:nufc:

99858[/snapback]

I knew you were taking the Michael but did Gol know I knew you knew? ;)

99862[/snapback]

I knew you knew he knew, didn't you know I knew?

99819[/snapback]

Spanish? :rolleyes:

99820[/snapback]

I think Matt missed the :blush: tbh :blush:

99848[/snapback]

;) what level of irony are we on now :nufc::nufc:;):nufc:

4, 5 ?? ;):nufc:

99858[/snapback]

I knew you were taking the Michael but did Gol know I knew you knew? B)

99862[/snapback]

I knew you knew he knew, didn't you know I knew?

99866[/snapback]

I suspected you knew but I wasn't sure :P