Souness out!

Optimistic Nut

Well the performance, etc. was identical to the 0-0 against West Ham, 1-1 with Fulham, etc...so will Roeder get stick tonight? Or will we blame the injuries which wasn't allowed to happen under Souness?

99479[/snapback]

to the sound of a moped:

wum wum wum wum, wuuuuuuuuummmmmm, wuuuuuuuuuuummmm, wum wum wum

Ooh, not forgetting the fact we played the old 4-5-1 formation...and didn't change things around late on.

99485[/snapback]

We played some decent football, just shola is a daft cunt and should be shot. We played 4-4-2 at the end of the match with Luque and Shola up top

Well the performance, etc. was identical to the 0-0 against West Ham, 1-1 with Fulham, etc...so will Roeder get stick tonight? Or will we blame the injuries which wasn't allowed to happen under Souness?

99479[/snapback]

Utter shite!

A souness team would have lost tonight with Ameobi on the left and Luque up front from the start.

We never looked in trouble (perhaps minorly in the closing stages) and just missed the world class strikers we have.

A Souness team would have used that as an excuse to be outplayed all over the park.

You'd think that with Owen and Shearer both out injured and the fact that Shearer is hanging up his boots in just over 2 months, the fat lump of shit would actually make a bit more of an effort?

Was interesting to hear Newell and Ferdinand pulling him apart last Saturday for not being deep enough in the box on set pieces - someone with his height should be challenging for headed balls tbh!

Does make you realise that a big problem at this club is actually Shola Ameobi. What a useless tosser he is.

99585[/snapback]

ahh.. music to my ears. The next reason for a campaign is there waiting for us.

99479[/snapback]

Utter shite!

A souness team would have lost tonight with Ameobi on the left and Luque up front from the start.

We never looked in trouble (perhaps minorly in the closing stages) and just missed the world class strikers we have.

A Souness team would have used that as an excuse to be outplayed all over the park.

99495[/snapback]

Exactly right. The difference was we had shape and structure, and a degree of belief and determination. It was always going to be difficult with a side lacking any decent strikers or pace - that isn't Roeder's fault. Optomistic nut you're either being a wum or an idiot, I reckon probably the latter.

Shola did ok first half I thought, but missed a sitter of a header in the second half and generally faded (as per usual) after the break. Still looked about 100 times better than Luque though. I thought Chopra (yes, I know he's not good enough) should have come on for Shola with 15 minutes to go as he looked knackered.

Shola did ok first half I thought, but missed a sitter of a header in the second half and generally faded (as per usual) after the break. Still looked about 100 times better than Luque though. I thought Chopra (yes, I know he's not good enough) should have come on for Shola with 15 minutes to go as he looked the usless pile of wank he actually is.

99622[/snapback]

;)

Shola did ok first half I thought, but missed a sitter of a header in the second half and generally faded (as per usual) after the break. Still looked about 100 times better than Luque though. I thought Chopra (yes, I know he's not good enough) should have come on for Shola with 15 minutes to go as he looked the usless pile of wank he actually is.

99622[/snapback]

;)

99713[/snapback]

What about Luque though? :P

;)

Edited by alex

99622[/snapback]

;)

99713[/snapback]

;)

99728[/snapback]

They're all shite tbh.

Need Owen back desperately.

99622[/snapback]

;)

99713[/snapback]

;)

99728[/snapback]

They're all shite tbh.

Need Owen back desperately.

99729[/snapback]

Word brother

99479[/snapback]

Utter shite!

99495[/snapback]

Exactly right. The difference was we had shape and structure, and a degree of belief and determination. It was always going to be difficult with a side lacking any decent strikers or pace - that isn't Roeder's fault. Optomistic nut you're either being a wum or an idiot, I reckon probably the latter.

99618[/snapback]

Neither, just putting my opinion across that I didn't see a lot of difference last night, to what I saw versus West Ham, Fulham, Boro, etc. You're saying, "It was always going to be difficult with a side lacking any decent strikers or pace", yet that was the case with a great deal of Souness' matches yet that excuse wasn't allowed!

99479[/snapback]

Utter shite!

99495[/snapback]

99618[/snapback]

Neither, just putting my opinion across that I didn't see a lot of difference last night, to what I saw versus West Ham, Fulham, Boro, etc. You're saying, "It was always going to be difficult with a side lacking any decent strikers or pace", yet that was the case with a great deal of Souness' matches yet that excuse wasn't allowed!

99868[/snapback]

We at least tried to play with width.

99479[/snapback]

Utter shite!

99495[/snapback]

99618[/snapback]

99868[/snapback]

I would say the injury problem we have now is worse than just about anything Souness had to put up with, at least up front. Shearer only missed one game prior to his latest injury which was a write off anyway. At least under Roeder we play with some structure and width, we are organised. Not only that but the passing is better and the defence has improved. I think we would have lost that game under Souness and I'm surprised you can't see that tbh.

We only lost 2 out of 10 at home under Souness this season, (one against Man U, the other to a handball) so why would I think we'd have lost to Charlton at home?

99886[/snapback]

We were lucky to draw a lot of those games to be fair. Can you really see no improvement under Roeder?