Is it just coincidence?

Ugly Mackems

That everytime we put in an abject/poor performance Scott Parker (the least creative player on the pitch) gets voted Man of the Match?

Just coincidence or is there something more to it?

99487[/snapback]

I don't often agree with you, but I see where you are coming from. I didn't even notice him in the second half. He put a few good challenges in. Boum deserved it IMO.

That everytime we put in an abject/poor performance Scott Parker (the least creative player on the pitch) gets voted Man of the Match?

99487[/snapback]

I don't often agree with you, but I see where you are coming from. I didn't even notice him in the second half. He put a few good challenges in. Boum deserved it IMO.

99489[/snapback]

I take it you werent there?

Boum? if it was for "most improved player" then yeah give it to him otherwise there were at least 4 others on that pitch who were ahead of him.

For me it was Solano all day long, followed by Titus, Parker and Emre.

99487[/snapback]

Was it that bad?

Wasn't great, but more than we've come to expect.

99487[/snapback]

Was it that bad?

Wasn't great, but more than we've come to expect.

99498[/snapback]

I thought we played ok, nowt spectacular but not bad, made chances and had good posession and movement, Nobby and Emre looked lively. Frankly I wasnt pissed off when I walked out, we should have won it but didnt however we controlled that game.

99487[/snapback]

99489[/snapback]

Boum? if it was for "most improved player" then yeah give it to him otherwise there were at least 4 others on that pitch who were ahead of him.

99496[/snapback]

I was there, but I thought Emre tried to do too much, probably down to lack of movement. I will get slated but Parker does seem to be happy just getting stuck in, rather that playing how he made a name for himself at Charlton, in the Stevie G role.

99487[/snapback]

99489[/snapback]

99496[/snapback]

I was there, but I thought Emre tried to do too much, probably down to lack of movement. I will get slated but Parker does seem to be happy just getting stuck in, rather that playing how he made a name for himself at Charlton, in the Stevie G role.

99504[/snapback]

Is that meant to be a good or a bad thing?

99487[/snapback]

99489[/snapback]

99496[/snapback]

99504[/snapback]

99505[/snapback]

Well Stevie G is good defensively and is good going forward, but is good when givena free role. Parker is a good player, but made a name for himself when Matt Holland was brought in to cover the back 4 and Parker pushed up, where he scored a canny few.

Gerrard could do a job in the holding role, and would be class at it, but he is much better going forward and driving the team forward with him, I think Parker would be the same.

99487[/snapback]

99489[/snapback]

99496[/snapback]

99504[/snapback]

99505[/snapback]

Well Stevie G is good defensively and is good going forward, but is good when givena free role. Parker is a good player, but made a name for himself when Matt Holland was brought in to cover the back 4 and Parker pushed up, where he scored a canny few.

Gerrard could do a job in the holding role, and would be class at it, but he is much better going forward and driving the team forward with him, I think Parker would be the same.

99506[/snapback]

But do you want him doing that with our defence like it is? In my opinion it's far better to have him covering and going forward on the odd occassion he is able to. How many have we conceded since he came back?

99487[/snapback]

99489[/snapback]

99496[/snapback]

99504[/snapback]

99505[/snapback]

99506[/snapback]

But do you want him doing that with our defence like it is? In my opinion it's far better to have him covering and going forward on the odd occassion he is able to. How many have we conceded since he came back?

99508[/snapback]

Yeah I see your point, but I just feel we haven't even seen half of what he is capable of.

Aye I think he is capable of more too, but generally Cobh is right based on what we have seen of him, its a negative way to play when he plays like this especially in home games against teams that you should be looking to beat

Our defence gets lambasted all over the shop. Parker helps out and we hardly concede a goal, so he gets shit for not flying forward.

I don't get it.

If Bowyer wasn't so shit, mebeez he could have helped out in the going forward department. i think people are listening to Malcolm (Twat) Macdonald too much.

Our defence gets lambasted all over the shop.  Parker helps out and we hardly concede a goal, so he gets shit for not flying forward.

I don't get it.

If Bowyer wasn't so shit, mebeez he could have helped out in the going forward department.  i think people are listening to Malcolm (Twat) Macdonald too much.

99512[/snapback]

I don't agree with anything Malcolm Macdonald says, but I do think Parker is capable of more.

I dont understand how Macdonald could think Parker's team mates would get pissed off with him.

Thought Parker had a quiet game personally, but didn't think anyone deserved MOTM. It was a typical midweek, middle of February, freezing cold, nothing game. I spent most of it wishing I was sat in the warm at home with a cuppa. ;)

Our defence gets lambasted all over the shop.  Parker helps out and we hardly concede a goal, so he gets shit for not flying forward.

I don't get it.

If Bowyer wasn't so shit, mebeez he could have helped out in the going forward department.  i think people are listening to Malcolm (Twat) Macdonald too much.

99512[/snapback]

I don't agree with anything Malcolm Macdonald says, but I do think Parker is capable of more.

I dont understand how Macdonald could think Parker's team mates would get pissed off with him.

99513[/snapback]

Parker could possibly be capable of more, but go through the starting line up tonight. He'd come very low on the list of players who could give more.

Bowyer, Ameobi and Luque deserve a hell of a lot more slagging. Parker was as good as anyone out there tonight though Emre and Solano looked like they might provide more (but didn't).

I don't get it.

99512[/snapback]

99513[/snapback]

Parker could possibly be capable of more, but go through the starting line up tonight. He'd come very low on the list of players who could give more.

Bowyer, Ameobi and Luque deserve a hell of a lot more slagging. Parker was as good as anyone out there tonight though Emre and Solano looked like they might provide more (but didn't).

99516[/snapback]

I don't slag Parker off, I think he give a decent contribution, but I just think he is happy playing in that role, when he should be doing more.

I don't slag Parker off, I think he give a decent contribution, but I just think he is happy playing in that role, when he should be doing more.

99520[/snapback]

DISCLAIMER: The following is in no way whatsoever a backing of GS, it is merely an observation.

If this game had been 5 weeks ago then there'd be numerous posts in this thread stating "Parkers capable of more but its obvious that Souness is making him play deep", "if only fuckwit Souness would let Parker get forward more" yet now, because hes gone, its suddenly no longer the managers fault that a player sits back? We cant have it both ways, numerous statements have been made in the past on this board in threads identical to this one where we all have pointed out that players play where they're told, if they dont get forward its because they've been told not to. Its them little magic 1 calorie tic tac thingies again.

Claude Makelele is absolute shite too. Doesn't score enough for my liking.

Amazing how Emre doesn't get this stick.

Scott Parker scored 5 goals in 2 seasons at Charlton, yet some people think he's a goal scoring midfielder in the Steven Gerrard mould?

Jesus fucking wept.

Can I state the obvious and point out the fact that NONE of our players are scoring enough goals?

Claude Makelele is absolute shite too. Doesn't score enough for my liking.

Amazing how Emre doesn't get this stick.

Scott Parker scored 5 goals in 2 seasons at Charlton, yet some people think he's a goal scoring midfielder in the Steven Gerrard mould?

Jesus fucking wept.

Can I state the obvious and point out the fact that NONE of our players are scoring enough goals?

99575[/snapback]

Or Solano for that matter.... ;)

Parker was quiet and I think he got mom because a. there were no obvious candidates (I thought Shola and Bramble looked good first half but that's about it) and b. he had been getting a bit of stick from the Charlton fans so it was done to piss them off.

I think Bowyer alongside him actually hurt the way Parker played last night. Because Bowyer was flying forward he felt he had to sit even more and not get forward himself.

Parker is a defensive midfielder. It's complete myth that he's a goalscoring midfielder.

That's what Emre should be doing.

99593[/snapback]

I believe all midfielders should help out in the scoring and providing of goals. I don't expect him to score many goals, but if he's just going to be another central defender then I think that's a waste of a player. Incidentally, there is no excuse for his feeble shooting imo, he needs to practice more in training.

The man of the match thing probably is just a coincidence as it's voted for by whoever are the guests at the sponsor's table, it's not as though it's being judged by a panel of experts. Bit of a lottery tbh.

It's my belief that Souness' rhetoric for signing Parker was as protection for the back four.

The job from hell in all honesty when you consider the muppets who line up directly behind him - no wonder he gets little chance to push forward...