Nobby

adios

Did anyone see him giving Shola a quick lesson in what he'd done wrong after he put that free header over? A class act, should never have left and I hope he stays on as a coach when he's done playing.

Bobby underestimated his importance to the team and deservedly lost his job for getting rid.

he's doing better over the last few games. More like the Nobby of old, and the one Villa seemed to have.

Would be nice indeed to have him involved with the club after he retires. Peruvian legend. Or he could be a private trumpet teacher on Tyneside.

The second Souness was finally kicked out has seen a big upturn in Nobby's performances, and that shouldn't surprise anyone who could see Souness was killing him as he was with half the team.

There's still more to come from him though, but as people have said his football brain is second to none.

The second Souness was finally kicked out has seen a big upturn in Nobby's performances, and that shouldn't surprise anyone who could see Souness was killing him as he was with half the team.

There's still more to come from him though, but as people have said his football brain is second to none.

100012[/snapback]

The whole midfield in general have been better, instead of the defence clearing the ball over them we're actually putting it on the floor and playing

100012[/snapback]

The whole midfield in general have been better, instead of the defence clearing the ball over them we're actually putting it on the floor and playing

100015[/snapback]

Amazing isn't it how footballers like Emre and Nobby prefer the ball to feet and passing the ball, to seeing it twatted over their heads at Shearer's throat whilst we get 10 men behind the ball at home to piss our own fans off!!!

Solano has been our best player since Souness went. Surprisingly, it's been his through balls and not his crossing that has been excellent. Some of the deft touches he's knocking through the middle have been superb, the kind of balls Owen would lap up (oo-er!).

Also, he's running at people and taking them on. I'd almost forgot he could do that.

BTW, I wish that trick had come off in our corner the other night where he tried to beat the man by first time flicking it through his legs.

Solano's been our best player since Souness left for me.

Bit OTT regarding the coaching comments though.

100009[/snapback]

Well obviously he wouldn't make as good a coach as you would :D

Well obviously he wouldn't make as good a coach as you would  :D

100118[/snapback]

I think he's just being contrary for the sake of it, I would have said it was obvious that Nobby had all of the characteristics of a first rate coach, but that's OTT.

Pseudo-cultish obsessions with potential new managers? That's just good, clean fun. :yes

Well obviously he wouldn't make as good a coach as you would  :D

100118[/snapback]

I think he's just being contrary for the sake of it, I would have said it was obvious that Nobby had all of the characteristics of a first rate coach, but that's OTT.

Pseudo-cultish obsessions with potential new managers? That's just good, clean fun. :yes

100126[/snapback]

What do we know though? :icon_lol:

:huff:

To be fiar, my nan could have told Shola how to head that ball...

100285[/snapback]

Bumped as this thread is even more relevant after saturday.

By the way your nan could probably of taught donkey to heed the ball but do you think she could teach him to strike a ball with the outside of the foot like Nobby did on Saturday.

He's 31 and ideally should be a lot faster if he's a winger, but he has a great footballing brain, and few read the game better then Nobby himself.

100285[/snapback]

Sorry but Nobby is living proof that speed isn't a prerequisite to be a winger.

100285[/snapback]

By the way your nan could probably of taught donkey to heed the ball but do you think she could teach him to strike a ball with the outside of the foot like Nobby did on Saturday.

He's 31 and ideally should be a lot faster if he's a winger, but he has a great footballing brain, and few read the game better then Nobby himself.

100285[/snapback]

101128[/snapback]

Hindsight-tastic tbh :lol:

100285[/snapback]

100285[/snapback]

101128[/snapback]

My quote wasn't having a go at Nobby....

99965[/snapback]

He as always lacked a yard of pace...not sure if it really affects him because of his footballing brain and good touch.